Sign in to follow this  
Jason

keeping A/C? how-to write up

i saw this on supra forums tonight and figgured id better steal it before it gets lost in the depths of that shit page and lack of working search function.

good luck to any of you doing this!

How to install 7M cap and A/C lines

Step 1: Replace the 1JZ cap with one from a 7M.

Step 2: Hook up A/C lines. The power steering bracket will interfere with the lines so it will have to have some metal taken off with a grinder.

Step 3: The stud for the A/C compressor bracket needs to be ground down or replaced with another bolt.

How to wire A/C for 1JZ the easy way

The general idea is the wire going into pin 9 on EA2 connects to the ac clutch magnet relay and replaces the blue wire on that plug.

Step 1: Remove battery.

Step 2: Locate pin 9 on the male side of the EA2 connector. It should be a blue wire (possibly with red rings). You can be sure that it is the right side of the connector by noting the small “9” written next to the pin.

step2.jpg

Step 3: Locate the connector underneath the A/C clutch magnet relay. This is below and on the motor side of the fuse box. The male side is 4 pins (blue-red, yellow-green, brown, and blue).

step3.jpg

step32.jpg

Step 4: De-pin the blue wire (not blue-red) and cover it up somehow. This wire is no longer needed.

step4.jpg

step42.jpg

Step 5: Figure out where the wire from pin 9 on EA2 leads to. I assume that it will go nowhere, because on both the cars I have worked on this was the case. If it leads somewhere de-pin it from wherever it connects. If not, I just found an extra connector and soldered on a pin.

step5.jpg

Step 6: Insert this pin into the empty slot on the connector from step 3 (there should be an empty pin because of step 4).

Step 7: Locate the ground coming off the compressor. Bolt the terminal to the hole in the red circle on the left.

Ac.jpg

That should be all you need to get it working. It is very simple. Good luck!

-Chris

nice find. i don't even have an a/c compressor installed nor do i have lines or condensor so i haven't attempted to do a/c. once i get off my lazy ass and put everything back in, i hope to get a/c in for next summer

all i got to say is fuck ac, the cressida has more room in the engine bay on the bottom side withh the ac compresor out of the way it isent funny.

and no a/c will help keep the bitches out of the car.

Yeah really. Why encourage this kind of pussified shit. AC adds weight which is our sworn enemy.

I could post up the real way to do this but I refuse.

Thanks for the post. I am going to dump this into my mod folder.

no a/c condensor = more crazy awsomeo room

and its easier to get to the oil filter from the bottom. and for those who are slightly lower then stock height or at stock height withh a jz, oil change is a fucken breeze

to each, his own

as of today im still going pussified in the cressida.

eat me.

i like ac.

i like bitches.

different strokes for different folks.

Whats AC ?

JK. . Its pretty cool actually to have ac. . but like i would never have the patience to install it. . especially cuz its so fuckin fun to take out. (in my video. lol) .. if i were to put AC in my cressida.. i'd pay someone else to do it. . cuz if i were to do it id have to lift the parts and look at the gayness.. and i couldnt' go through withh it. . if someone else did it and didn't tell me. .id just be like.. oh whatever its already done. ..

G.

shit thats y they invented windows and sunroofs. for us folk that cant aford ac. but i need it for my lil daughter. so im fucked till i get me new toy.

all i got to say is fuck ac, the cressida has more room in the engine bay on the bottom side withh the ac compresor out of the way it isent funny.

and no a/c will help keep the bitches out of the car.

Are u Gay man!?!

as of today im still going pussified in the cressida.

eat me.

i like ac.

i like bitches.

different strokes for different folks.

I like bitches too

I have been trying to get my a/c working again for last month. I have just bought a shit load of new parts just the other day for my a/c. Since i am selling my JZX90 soon which has working a/c and will be down to one car again. I have been on real push to get my a/c working. Thats the only thing stoping me from driving my car down to osaka next weekend to see this chick. It really sucks being stuck in traffic in Shibuya on hot humid night withh engine heat from 2jzgte single turbine coming into the car. Trying to have sex in the car that i often do withh japanese girls is hard withh no a/c!!!

shit thats y they invented windows and sunroofs.

Same reasoning I used to take mine out yesterday lol, I got a daily withh AC and Cres will only go from house to track most of the time.

Cool to see it can be done withh 1jz though

arizona RUINED me for life. i don't care if a/c weighed 9,000 lbs and pulls 300 hp out of the motor, i'd still keep the motherfucker. when an interior can hit 140 degrees, you stop giving a shit about saving weight.

Sorry to dig this back from the dead, but if i bent the lines in the cress to fit the 2j top, wouldn't it work?

Anyone try that?

gee why didnt i think of that?

because theyre aluminum. aluminum doesnt corode. wouldnt want all that r134a leaking into the environment, now would we?

aluminum tubing also doesnt like to be bent. so to answer your question, no, you can not bend the lines. use the AC pump top from the 7m.

to further add to the clerancing the p/s bracket heres the clerance issue the 2 bolts are threaded all the way down (this is a jzx90 pump with the 7m head)

also instead of buying another bolt and removing the stud, just swap the bolt with the stud. put the stud on the bottom right hole and the bolt in the top right hole.

2009_01180007.jpg

2009_01180006.jpg

and yes im keeping my ac too, i drove my mr2 for 4 years with no ac in cali heat in los angles! so yes its keeping the ac. end of story.

ill clerance the ps bracket, or put the jzx90 head back on the pump.

also be aware the allens that hold the head on do rust. and are very brittle, i broke 1 already :( if your worried about oil changes then relocate the filter.

gee why didnt i think of that?

because theyre aluminum. aluminum doesnt corode. wouldnt want all that r134a leaking into the environment, now would we?

aluminum tubing also doesnt like to be bent. so to answer your question, no, you can not bend the lines. use the AC pump top from the 7m.

K.

051xk2.jpg

w800.png

Closer pic...

052lu6.jpg

w800.png

really glad im not the only person who wants to keep ac, lol. although with all 4 windows down and the sunroof open i wasnt terribly uncomfortable. i have never owned a car with working ac though.

this is going to be a deal-maker for me though.

bringin it back.

SAE 9/32" socket to remove the stud.

fuck cutting that shit off.

more updates later tonight when its all in. hope i can find my bench grinder for the ps bracket.

i tried to take detailed pics of the bracketry grinding action. idk how they came out. ill upload them tomorrow after my car takes its PROPPER maiden voyage.

edit: fuck i probably just jinxed myself....mark is there anything else i have to do for the fuel pump relay?

so the write up didnt include grinding pictures.

it helps a ton to have a paint pen. takes the guess work out of "whats it rubbing on this time?"

i used a pneumatic drill and two different size abrasive discs. they were basically the same thing that would be on a bench grinder, only smaller diameters.

these pics are all at the final depth. theyre just a few different angles to help show the depth and extensiveness of the grind.

011.jpg

012.jpg

013-1.jpg

014-1.jpg

real quickie on this tab on the ps bracket

015.jpg

016.jpg

quick shot of paint and done.

017.jpg

018.jpg

whats overspray?