Mats

JZX90 Mark II sponsored by Gold in the Net - Ontario

and ive seen quite a few cusco cages survive roll overs no problem. also if seen custom cages fail in roll over as well. the way i see it is a cage ( bolt in or weld in) is better then nothing and i wanted bolt in this way for work ( i need to have 4 people in the car) i can remove cage if i have to. Only reason i got a cage is to comply with Pro am rules.

that cage looks neat. if you want any custom bars bent to add to your cage, we can probably find some bolt on hardware to modify your cage. if you still need custom door bars or want to dream up some extra support bars for the rear that can be removed let me know, we can probably do it in a weekend once we get the bar end/tabs to weld onto your existing cage.

thanks Bill! i might take you up on that.

i am picking up a peice of tubing today for my driver door bar and i have already ordered the fittings to make it bolt in. but i will probably add in a harness bar later on this summer as well as a few other bars.

these are from the last drift event.

dragging sideskirts, rubbing front tire on fender and tucking rim in the rear is where its at for 4 door sedans!

http://everythingdrift.com/gallery/main.ph..._serialNumber=1

btw anyone know how to embed those pics?

That first picture is sex!

As for embedding, you'd have to save to your computer and then photobucket them or just direct upload from your computer in the attachments.

Ummm..brah.

How do you expect to do DMCC and FDPA stuff with your cage like that?

Unless you are a midget and can sit with your seat in front of the B pillar, there is no way you're going to be able to fit in there once you have the main hoop diag. bar in. Not to mention your harness bar will be close as fuck too. I'm just sayin.

Also, afaik, the rear bars need to be completely straight.

I bring this up because I have a Safety21 for my x81, and the configuration is almost identical, so I'm in the same situation right now. What do you plan on doing to get around those issues?

Nothing, since DMCC accepts S21 cages lol.

No harness bar needed.

x2

i've been talking with DMCC president Eric and he confirmed that safety 21 cage would be totally fine. He changed the rules around for 4 door vehicles allowing safety 21 even with the bends in the rear bars.

Oh word?

This is DMCC pro you're talking about right? Not Am? Cuz I plan on competing in West Pro, and I'm pretty positive you need the diag and harness bars..

no im doing Pro-AM.

this cage is not legal for PRO. I have no plans of doing PRO while i still street the car. I still want to enjoy it on the streets for another year or so before i decide to make it track only if i ever decide to do that.

no im doing Pro-AM.

this cage is not legal for PRO. I have no plans of doing PRO while i still street the car. I still want to enjoy it on the streets for another year or so before i decide to make it track only if i ever decide to do that.

Can you do tandem in pro am? I don't think we have a pro-am series out West. Which fucking sucks cuz I daily this car too and don't wanna permanently alter it just to go slide it around a couple times a year. Maybe after university when I can afford that shit, but right now its pretty unrealistic. Niggas just wanna drift, nahmeen?

yes Pro-Am is just like Pro minus the high budget cars etc. Pretty much like formula D pro-Am. or like D1 SL. shit will be off the hook!

BTW just got back from a nice ride. Finally realized my traction control was on. Amazing what a difference it makes . I feel like such a douche bag. But cant wait to drift it now with no traction control as last track day i drifted fine with the traction on lol.

God I love dumb mistakes. Like drifting with stock wheels on my car, I thought I was hitting full lock, then threw some 17's on it and was like what the fuck, another turn!?

Haha, car looks great man.

well guys after tonight drift session ive managed to finish my subframe and diff bushings. basically the subframe was moving up roughly 4 inches and bottoming out on the frame and the subframe was moving side to side roughly 1 inch. Anyone know any company that makes subframe bushings for jzx90? G you have any? I need to have some bushings by the 26th or 27th. I leave for Ziptied ECB on the 28th. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

well guys after tonight drift session ive managed to finish my subframe and diff bushings. basically the subframe was moving up roughly 4 inches and bottoming out on the frame and the subframe was moving side to side roughly 1 inch. Anyone know any company that makes subframe bushings for jzx90? G you have any? I need to have some bushings by the 26th or 27th. I leave for Ziptied ECB on the 28th. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

google is your friend lol

http://fortyone.co.nz/parts/view/12982.html

theres lots of kazama ones out there, mostly in Australian is where i've found them, i'm probably gonna order some partway thru the season, once i get some more money, this cage killed me, along with all these other little things for DMCC pro, fucking rules!

funny you mentioned this...i found that but wasnt sure if there was anything else out there. would those still work with no bushings?

well its times like these that i knida miss the S chassis but at the same time this makes it fun. For those that dont know.... i finished my subframe and diff bushings sunday at St Eustache. subframe was bouncing up and down 4 inches and bottoming out on the actual floor/frame and also moving side to side by an inch. Trying to source out bushings before i leave for NJ thursday morning. Shit is going to be tight. I'm hoping G can save me and come through with solid bushings by the time frame we have to work with.

pretty sure those soild bushing just pound in I dont think it matter is your oem ones are totally gone cause its soild now

yes..... im just hoping thats the only issue i had in the rear end.

Well after a few track days ive noticed that my battery has been getting super soft due to the heat so Derrick made me this sweet heatsheild. should work to deflect some heat away from battery.

DSC04402.jpg

DSC04403.jpg

DSC04404.jpg

also dropped the rear subframe today to get ready for some one off solid subframe and diff bushings that G from SerialNine is doing for me. Big thanks to him for working late and on such short notice to get these made and shipped off to me so i can have these installed before ECB. Here you can see where the subframe was hitting the floor/underbody of the car

DSC04399.jpg

Well its been a while since updates. It all started a week and a half before ECB when i found out my rear subframe and diff bushings were toast and that my subframe was moving up 4+ inches while drifting and bottoming out on the floor. I got in contact with Gerard from Serial Nine to see if he could help me out as he is the man when it comes to the cressida world. I lucked out that he had a jzx90 subframe laying around in his garage. Good news for me as he could make me some solid bushings. After talking he said he could make me some and because of my deadlines to get the car running to make ECB he agreed to work over the weekend to get them to me in time. I first got in contact with him Thursday night and monday am he shipped them out and i received them 9am Tuesday just in time to get them in the car before i had to leave thursday morning. I cant thank Gerard enough! Anyways dropping rear subframe from a JZX90 is super easy compared to s chassis. Removing old bushings took maybe 35-45 minutes to do. All said and done solid bushings and subframe was back in the car ready to go in a couple hourse. Everything fits AWESOME!

Anyways here are some pics of the bushings.

DSC04412.jpg

DSC04414.jpg

DSC04416.jpg

DSC04417.jpg

DSC04418.jpg

DSC04419.jpg

Big thanks again to Gerard and the quality products of Serial Nine!

and here are a few pictures from ECB in NJ!

DSC02554.jpg

DSC03518.jpg

DSC03764.jpg

P1012161.jpg

nice! must feel heaps better now eh?

yes the car is super responsive now where before it felt really big and slow and now the rear end is super snappy!

looks goood, i'm so ordering those from G,

i bet those guys love'd seein a X90 out there!

heres a pic of my oil cooler installed. its kind of on the small side but will test it out this sunday at the track. I noticed with no thermostat and Mobil 1 5w50 that it runs roughly 10 degrees cooler compared to no oil cooler on the highway and also in town. When i had royal purple 20w50 with the cooler the temps only dropped 2 degrees compared to no cooler. is it possible royal purple oils dont cool as well?

DSC04462.jpg

cant wait to see how it does at the track.