Mats

JZX90 Mark II sponsored by Gold in the Net - Ontario

well had it pretty ready to where i could drive it around the block until noticed a leak. oh yeah thats right...... the new rear main seal the we just installed is leaking again :headbang: Derrick and I just finished dropping the tranny and yes its confirmed rear main is leaking. call toyota in hte morning for another one.

anyways here are some pics of intercooler piping all finished up (except for BOV which should be done by tomorrow) and some more wheel fitment in the front!

DSC04261.jpg

DSC04262.jpg

DSC04263.jpg

DSC04270.jpg

DSC04272.jpg

and then thought this was a funny shot.

DSC04274.jpg

well tranny is back off and yes rear main is leaking :(

i dont know how we fucked it up....oh well new rear main will be in monday 8am. hopefully driving it monday night if all goes well!

well heres a tiny update. Been doing lots of little stuff that pictures doesnt do any justice. Anyways as long as the new rear main doesnt leak this time around the car will be on the streets by the weekend!

Anyways filter relocation kit is installed.

DSC04276.jpg

and this is the goodie i picked up at the airport.

DSC04277.jpg

DSC04278.jpg

and a random pic of the messy interior.

DSC04280.jpg

well got it running last night! tune is ok AFR wise. no ignition timing and boost controller set to zero meant really laggy turbo response but its going to be crazy when its tuned which is set for thursday night!

anyways last night i blew the BOV right off at 6200 rpms at 15psi. shit put me and derrick back in our seats! :rockon:

anyways heres some pics of the wastegate dump tube and the start up vid.

DSC04289.jpg

DSC04287.jpg

DSC04288.jpg

DSC04290.jpg

77.8 or 78.1 one of the 2.

idle is around 11.5-12

cruise is 12.5 ish

once it starts to boost it goes to 11.0

Mark is it normal for it to be sluggish and slow spooling with this base tune?

yeah it is. That base tune was made with twins dude. Totally different.

You could lean it out everywhere that would help. In commander go to settings/ign/inj and do -5% on inj.

ok i figured that so no worries im scheduled to have it tuned thrusday afternoon!

its a 2 hour hwy drive. you think its safe to drive it there or should i trailor it ? AFR's seam to be fine at 12.5 for cruising.

as for playing with afr's right now im not going to bnother until its dynod

afr's at 12-13 will do harm for 2 hour hwy cruise?

Well the oil might get a little gassy. 14.7-15.0 would be ideal. Did you try trimming the map?

Good idea. DOnt even do it in the tables. Seriously there's that inj/ign setting right above the water temp setting.

The nice thing is it doesnt save the scale once the car is off. It just goes back to normal. Use it.

what can i make out of this?

DSC04309.jpg

how about a boot to reduce roadnoise as the car never came with it.

DSC04310.jpg

DSC04311.jpg

finally got the front lip fitted now and pulled the front fenders some more. still rubbing but will pull some more in hte morning and hopefully itll solve it.

went for a little drive and decided to stop and take some pics!

DSC04315.jpg

DSC04318.jpg

DSC04322.jpg

DSC04323.jpg

well guys went to Montreal today to dyno tune the car. well im happy with the numbers so far with the boost i could get out of it. I could only get 16psi out of it tonight as the wastegate spring is too soft. Anything more then 16psi and the boost would flutter up and down. Ended up putting down 383rwhp on 16psi on a stock 1J with 60-1 .58ar and 550cc injectors and PFC. Not the numbers i was looking for but nothing we can do about it now until i get stiffer spring. Once i get stiffer spring ill put it up to 20psi and according to the tuner he says ill see number around 415-425 rwhp.

ended up smoking a 5 series bmw tonight in MTL. The look on their faces when they found out i was playing with them and then stepped on it and wastegate opened! it was priceless!

btw heres what happends when its pouring rain coming back at 3am on hwy and cant see shit.... especially when there is debree on the road. ended up hitting some sort of foam boxes that were scatterned all over the hwy. by the time i saw it it was too late to swirve. :shake:

DSC00003.jpg

DSC00004.jpg

Could have been alot worse damage with the boxes.

Im waiting on pins and needles for your true number!

sorry for blurryness.

anyways here is video of me killing M5. i rolled 2nd and then coasted when put in third for him to catch up again and then when he got close again i rolled onto 3rd and you see the shift to 4th gear with a nice lil chirp!

will have action shots as im going drifting tomorrow!

1 step closer to Pro-Am and ECB!!!!!!

absolutely amazed at how well this cage fits! extremely extremely tight! main hoop, rear brace and a pillar bars all touch the liner whih is perfect! I'll order my stuff for door bars in the morning! Fire suit, shoes, gloves and harness have all been ordered! bring on ECB and Pro-Am!!!!

DSC04347.jpg

DSC04348.jpg

DSC04349.jpg

DSC04350.jpg

DSC04351.jpg

DSC04352.jpg

DSC04348.jpg

Looks like a kinda sketchy design. if that part of the cage takes much stress in a crash it'll buckle because of the double bend.

The cage looks pretty and the fitment looks awesome but I've never believed in bolt-in cages. I've seen videos where cusco cages are visibly flexing mid-corner.