Mats

JZX90 Mark II sponsored by Gold in the Net - Ontario

yeah my time is very limited as well..... just waiting for first snow fall and then its away for winter and i start with my build.

new turbo, manifold, injectors, external gate, fmic, keeping ac, oil cooler, pulling rear fenders to fit wider wheels, new hood and new coils. going to be a busy winter.

the wheels are VS SS

finally got the rears mounted. will lower the car 1 inch so im tucking a tiny bit of tire but waiting on my stance to come in so i can ditch these crappy Tein HR.

here is 17x10 +7 on stock jzx90 rear fender on stock alignment. will do a slight pull once i get my stances in.

this is my track setup 17x9+22 with 6.5mm spacer and 235 40 17

DSC04035.jpg

and now my new street setup

DSC04032.jpg

DSC04034.jpg

DSC04036.jpg

DSC04037.jpg

DSC04039.jpg

DSC04040.jpg

DSC04041.jpg

I love the Mark II 90's! So Nice! Yours especially! Keep up the good work! I hope my Chaser ends up looking half as good.

alright.... Stances are installed on all 4 corners. Tks for the help Derrick :bow:

no real shots of the entire car as im still waiting for the coils to settle and waiting to put engine back in before i waste my time on adjusting them and then having to re adjust them later on.

but i did play with the front wheel once the old Teins were removed to see how well the wheel fitment would turn out before putting the stances in.

here are some shots of the coils and the fitment shot of 17x9 +6 with 215 45 17 and rolled with a slight pull on the front fenders. Its about as close to perfect as it could be other than having 18's

DSC04066.jpg

DSC04067.jpg

DSC04068.jpg

DSC04072.jpg

DSC04073.jpg

DSC04074.jpg

DSC04075.jpg

DSC04076.jpg

DSC04077.jpg

DSC04078.jpg

also ended up cutting out the holes for the aerocatch hood pins in the DMAX hood and took off the transmission and the clutch and flywheel. Turns out clutch was about couple track days/cluctch kicks away from dieing so good thing i got a Bully waiting to be installed. Flywheel is gone to be resurfaced (tks Derrick) and ill be bringing in the tranny to get the second gear syncros looked over to see if they need to be replaced or find out why it was hard to shift into 2nd gear when not at operating temps.

spent more time in the garage today.

finally got hood pins mounted and also installed double din.

DSC04081.jpg

DSC04082.jpg

DSC04080.jpg

ok spent a few hours in the garage today.

got the front mount installed....still need to fab up some lower brackets in the morning but it was good enough for pics lol

also got the hood pin brackets made.

its getting there little by little.

DSC04092.jpg

DSC04090.jpg

DSC04089.jpg

welll spent a few hours in the garage again today.

keep in mind i have not trimmed the front lip yep so its just barely hanging on right now. also bumper cuts have not been smoothen out yet so dont comment on how bad/rough they look itll be fixed.

also license plate area will also be cut out next time i work on it..... ran out of time for today.

DSC04093.jpg

DSC04094.jpg

DSC04095.jpg

DSC04096.jpg

DSC04098.jpg

im trying.... i have 2 set of wheels that i would want....now its just a matter of selling a set of my 17's..... just not sure i want to get rid of the VS SS though.

prob sell the AVS and dish out a few extra bucks but yeah itll be DEEP DISH wheels!

ok well some goodies that i got in today!

Turbo kit 60-1 with .58 ar

intercooler kit

fuel rail, afpr injectors

aluminum pulleys

18inch AME Circlar in 18x9 and 18x10 +15 offset all around.

Still need to pick up tires.... been thinking of 225 40 18 and 245or 255 35 18

Here are pics of a quick test fit in the rear with no tires and pics of all the goodies.

DSC04222.jpg

DSC04223.jpg

DSC04224.jpg

DSC04231.jpg

DSC04232.jpg

DSC04233.jpg

DSC04221.jpg

DSC04225.jpg

DSC04226.jpg

DSC04227.jpg

DSC04228.jpg

DSC04229.jpg

depends size of the tires you want to run....

thats stock alignment.

i jacked the wheel as high as possible to see if it would clear and no dice..... it needs like 2mm to clear the fenders so with a minor pull itll clear no problem.

Your current wheelsize is about the limit for a modified stock body X90. . They are very similar to X8 in terms of wheels fitment.. On my buddies car a couple of years ago we had 18x10.5J +0's on it.with 235/40-18's . fuck did I ever have to mangle the fenders man. . inner . . outer.. hammer hammer hammer. roll . . .pull . . hammer hammer. .etc.. fuck it looked amazing after (ill try to find pics.. ) but had to max out the camber and still barely fit. . ahhah. the fronts were pretty mild by comparison. . 9J +10 with 215/40-18's. . he had some sort of custom FRP widefenders . .

You car is looking dope man. . Keep up the good work. . oh ya.. if your car doesn't have them already. . Get Tension rods. . The stock bushings are usually fucked for some reason. . . . . I have some X90 parts still if you ever need anything man. . got doors/windows. . electronics.. . aftermarket exhaust.. braces.. swaybars. . rear subframe/arms etc. etc. . let me know man. .

G.

thanks for the info G.

last i checked all my bushings were still good on the car but im sure its only a matter of time before they need to be replaced. good to know you have doors and windows. i hope i never need to replace them but just incase i know where to find them.

also pm me info if you have any suspension arms laying around for jzx90.

right now im debating on tire sizes.

fronts im tihnking 225 40 18 but again looks like ill be running ss595 and they are known to be bigger in size compared to other companies so i tihnk ill end up going with 215 40 18

rears ideally id like 245 35 18 but again ss595 only make 255 35 18 and not sure how big they really are and tihnk ill run into fender clearence as i dont really want to do much fender work. as it is now when i jacked up the wheel to check for clearence its just barely touching inner lip and its been rolled already so ill only need roughly 2mm for rim to clear so ill need a stretched tire. if not just not sure if 235 40 18 would clear. maybe ill go 225 40 18.

anyone ahve any imputs please share them.

dude i ran 225/40/18 ss595 on the front of my s13 and it was on the less-grippy side of ok

on a much heavier car i really don't think it would be fun

215 would be silly

unless this is not a track car

but if it is, seriously reconsider.

these 18's are for street use..... i have my TE's for track use that i will run maxxis z1 drift in 235 40 17 front and probably 245 40 17 rear.

the 18's is all about looks and daily driving so grip wont be a concern.

well today was a great day!

spent roughly 12 hours in the garage working on the car with the help of Matt and Derrick. Tks a bunch guys! Basically removed the stock twins which are in mint shape with very minimal shaft play and the intake manifold. got it closely to a long block and pretty much started tackling all the gaskets as i got new oem gaskets for the complete engine. still need to go pick up oem timing belt at local dealership tomorrow and engine mounts should be in tomorrow or wednesday. cleaned up the block quickly and then the fun stuff started.

mocked up the manifold, turbo and downpipe to see the clearence for strut tower and steering shaft. still have to fabricate a custom external gate piping/flange to go around downpipe and steering shaft. itll be tricky but we will get it running. basically after looking at it quickly looks like ill route it down and have the 50mm wastegate sitting between tranny and downpipe under the car.

once that external gate is fabricated and mounted the rest will be easy.

here are some pics.

DSC04234.jpg

Matt with twin bazooka ct12's lol

DSC04236.jpg

DSC04237.jpg

DSC04240.jpg

DSC04241.jpg

DSC04242.jpg

DSC04244.jpg

DSC04245.jpg

DSC04247.jpg

wow fuck! i hope you have room for the wg! YIKES!

and you actually got a v-band that works, damn.

Yea, we MIGHT be able to clock the DP and extend the wastegate tube in such a way that we can fit it behind the steering shaft. If not, we'll have to cut off the wg tube and relocate it facing forward like all the hks/trust kits do.

As far as that v band, it seemed like it wouldn't go tight enough. I have a feeling it will leak :(

But for the price of this whole kit, it's really pretty impressive.

haha, yeah those x02 v-band clamps are pretty crappy.

looks like it's be roasting tires in no time.