aphxero

Drift event photos. Everyone waste money!

Corn fields, and barns...........

Do I miss southern Canada (wisconsin) ?

Nope..........

Nice track though :)

Corn fields, and barns...........

Do I miss southern Canada (wisconsin) ?

Nope..........

Nice track though :)

Haha yep.... This course is north of Green Bay. It's in the middle of nowhere, but the layout and elevation changes are one of a kind.

I actually kind of like going up there. It's like a vacation away from civilization. Nobody around but large homely white women and cows.

Whats with the falken banners? You gettin free tires?

I'm close with the Falken team from my professional life (outside of drifting), so they are supporting Proceed as a personal courtesy. The whole team will be on RT615k all around this year, which is sure to blow up tons of axles, transmissions, and differentials. I look forward to it.

Fucking dope!

Thanks! I'm surprised how much I've come to like the look of this car, in spite of it's being a Cressida. ;)

I still plan to re-chassis to JZX81 later so it looks more sweet.

questions:

will drift cars ever have the same "provenance" that professionally-raced cars do in the future? or will they just be buried/burned/crushed and melted because they're too used up for anything else?

can you see a "vintage drift" series developing where guys try to emulate the livery of famous cars, or race in classes that don't include LSx swaps and the like?

What were you smoking when you posted that Chris ?

Being a member of the broke ass cressida club, I'm thinking lawn clippings.......

I just rake them into a large pile, and throw a match in.

Grass-fire-300x200.jpg

Which is a lot like drifting in general:

cab30df086168d594c8b64b26bdbf758.jpg

I jusp pictured everyone circling around to "brainstorm". That track looks a lot better then anything Kansas has to offer.

rads. you gonna make it lhd? thats my dream

I want to keep it RHD... I want to be able to take trips to Japan and be comfortable driving cars out there, so I'd like to get used to drifting in a right side car.

questions:

will drift cars ever have the same "provenance" that professionally-raced cars do in the future? or will they just be buried/burned/crushed and melted because they're too used up for anything else?

can you see a "vintage drift" series developing where guys try to emulate the livery of famous cars, or race in classes that don't include LSx swaps and the like?

You'll see old pro cars getting sold off for pretty big money already, mostly to Europe. Recently some dude bought the Bee *R R32 with R34 front (the yellow car). The Uras/Blitz R34 is in the UK now, the old Sexy Knights FC also went to the UK (and got completely fucking ruined by the new owner), etc...

There is definitely a huge subset of drift dudes that are very interested in maintaining continuity from the old style of drifting. While those guys in the US are still evolving and doing their own thing, they are creating new cars in a style that builds on what they saw between 1998-2005.

saw the fc ruined, saw another "famous" fc crushed in japan. this was a legitimate thought/question after seeing the money and effort that goes into racing old cars.

Yea absolutely. I think you're correct, in that I see the drift community heading that way on an emotional level. Just like hot rod kids before us, drift kids are growing up and working their way into higher income brackets, which is changing the industry pretty rapidly. Shops like Touge Factory that have been around for 15 years are in a good position to accommodate guys that are now in their 30s and can spend more than a few hundred dollars at a time on their cars.

^ on point about the hot rod kids of the 60s and 70s

My uncle dropped 80k on a 57 bell air with z28 suspension and z06 running gear. Said it was the car he wished he could build when he was 23.

I think s chassis cars are the import version of a mustang, but then does that make cressidas like the import chargers?!

when I'm old I wanna have something current AND heavily modified.

"Nostalgia" and "just to be different" are the two shittiest reasons to do anything to a car. Before anyone points out that I'm building an old car remember, it's part of the rules of the team I'm on. Gotta have a 70's toyota and a 3S motor and it's can't be celica or corolla.

Anyhow, I think it's far more likely that our current generation of car people will be remembered as "stance kids" having gay stance cruises and shit when they are like 70. It'll be like the "cruisin" dad types are now. Motorsports/drift people are a different breed IMO.

This pretty sums up how my weekend went at No Star Bash 2015. The track was very fast, and spontaneous rain didn't help with consistency. Had a blast though and didn't break anything.

11150921_10205291744627909_2638765448694

Finally starting to get some of the photos and footage from Easter's Teesside session together. Considering it's the first session in the car properly I wasn't totally unhappy but definitely need more grip. Chris Smith in the Driftworks S14 is not a fast driver and I was having to work hard to keep up with him. Video is from very first run of the day annoyingly so angle's a bit ("read fucking dreadfully") shallow. Also, the photos nicely highlight the fact I need a new helmet so I don't look like a fat, gay helicopter pilot when I'm on track.

post-4676-0-84703800-1431775315_thumb.jpg

post-4676-0-63320700-1431775588_thumb.jpg

post-4676-0-40501100-1431775592_thumb.jpg

post-4676-0-55404400-1431775598_thumb.jpg

https://youtu.be/-ztJrGfpAbc

Did some drifting this weekend. Burned out fuel pump and wiring. Blew up a transmission that was knocking already. Went through some tires. X8 chassis is awesome.

post-4077-0-24822300-1434986166_thumb.jpg

post-4077-0-48892600-1434986192_thumb.jpg