Sign in to follow this  
RubHamusan

JZX83 mounts allmost ready

The laser shop has had a back log for a bit.Plus I was awaiting approval from mark.I just got off the phone withh the laser shop and was told they will be ready for pick up in 7 days.

Mounts are $110 shipped.

I had 25 sets cut and 5 sets folded and welded.

I will ship out orders as soon as they arrive at my door next friday or the following monday.

Paypal is lzafar@yahoo.com please add 3 percent to paypal.

If you want to send check or money order let me know and I will pm the info.

Thanks...Scott

I appologize for the delay.Just going a little OCD on my first product and wanted to actually have them tested.

IN

do you need the money up front or can I wait until next week?

Nope bt,it's first come on the 5 sets and 1 has already been paid for so 4 available. If 5 sets gets paid for before friday next week then I will have 5 more sets folded and welded so there may be a few days "lag".

I'll get comprehensive pics while I put my engine in withh them on, as well as a review once I have it running.

still not sure on what mounts to put under these. stuck between supra poly mounts or solid aluminum mounts, both from BIC in van.

but either way, so far so good from RIP. 8)

bai nao!

I'll get comprehensive pics while I put my engine in withh them on, as well as a review once I have it running.

still not sure on what mounts to put under these. stuck between supra poly mounts or solid aluminum mounts, both from BIC in van.

but either way, so far so good from RIP. 8)

bai nao!

Cool I appreciate this. I haven't started looking into motor swaps yet and would like to see what you do.

Thanks for the forum guys.Hopefully if all goes well I will have all the yanack adjustable suspention soon and will be making those aswell.

And zokustyle .My girlfriend packed your harness box and just informed me there was no timing belt.I do appologize and I am priority mailing it out saturday.I will do it myself to make sure it gets done rite.

Hope you don't hold a grudge.

Thanks again.

And zokustyle .My girlfriend packed your harness box and just informed me there was no timing belt.I do appologize and I am priority mailing it out saturday.I will do it myself to make sure it gets done rite.

Hope you don't hold a grudge.

Thanks again.

nah man it's all good. you came through withh everything else, so I'm happy. I'm waiting on other stuff too, so it's fine.

I'm getting home tonight from vacation and I'm getting mail from the past week tomorrow so I'll let you know if the harness made it or not.

thanks for the heads up!

I am very interested in the Yanack sus parts. I need stuff asap. Are you working withh G on this since I think he is also looking at doing some stuff. No sense in both of you trying to sell the exact same parts. Maybe he can do the front sus and you do the rear??? either way, I need sus hard parts before anything else. so get on it.

no sweat on the forum. something i thought could be of use.

stan, get the mounts. unless you get a jzx81 motor set youll be looking for mounts for weeks or even months.

And 2j's are the shit! I may talk to G and C. I was looking to get some then sell.But if G is going to make it I won't bother.

It's about 1500 for everything.

G said

Dont buy the tension rods

And the lower arm is easy to make.

i made mine for $90

buy heim joint and threaded aleeve. . weld together. . make spacers .. done

so it could be even less then 1500. I am done for all of this stuff if some one buys half and makes the rest and it cost less then 1000 shipped for everything.

I let some of the guys drive my car and they have no idea how I don't spin on every run. Shawn adjusted the rear coil over damping (made them softer) by 3 clicks I think while I stayed in the car and just kept on doing runs and it made a diffrence. Then he got back in, did a run, then got out and said it felt better but now feels like the back end is just moving all over.

I am down to get the mounts and I trust it when friends vouch for them. As of last night one of the guys in my site has talked me into getting an auto 2jz and doing the five speed swap then we can shoehorn it into the cressida. He's running a 2jz in a taco and he is a handy mofo.

So my question is will the decision of 1j or 2j come into play here?

Also I'm interested in adjustable arms. I was considering making them myself along withh some other goodies.

Again super noob and I rather not be a "please hold my hand" guy when I can sit and harvest the info from searches.

I would like a way to adjust my rear camber once the car is dropped. So I will keep an eye on this as well.

I lost (not really) my jz fund this week. I had the money for the swap but some family issues came up. So I'm back to square one. I'm thinking the swap will start next winter/fall when my inspection runs out.

honestly the 1jz is plenty of motor for drifty.

if youre like the rest of us, and im sure you are, youll never max out the 1jz, thus negating the need for 500cc's more displacement. the 1jz revs higher with less stress on the motor than the 2jz. its just as stout of a block as a 2jz (701whp in a swapped motor with only big single, cams, and supporting fuel and tuning...original head gasket, studs and rotating assy; the block was never opened, head never removed). and its WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY cheaper. if you still want to go 2j, i suggest NA-T.

but the 1j or 2j will use the same jzx81 mounts for a cressida.

Stan, like Jason says. 1jz is plenty. I drove Kristians car (bone stock 1jz) last week and it had great bottom end response when compaired to my car and the SR. So if I can do the drifty on the road course withh tall gearing and a SR20 in a cressida withh no issues, 1jz can do it withh ease. Plus, like Jason also stated, the 1jz can rev higher. Which means it is better suited for drifting. Save the money you would spend on getting a 2jz and buy a big single turbo kit for the 1jz and make 350 whp or more right from the start.

1JZ is a good motor aswell.And if you get some loot I got jzx90 and jzz30 engine sets for $1000 each. And I got 1 2j left for 1589.

And soon should have some R154's cross fingers in about 25 to 30 days.

I wish that I would have gone 1J instead... for the sound and the revs. But I may change my mind once my 2J is running. I just like motors that keep build their HP all the way too redline like, not that whole gay torque monster earlier shifting. It's note worthy to mention though that the 2JZ will make 320hp stock as shit. withh the necessary things to fit it to the Cress it becomes pretty much BPU power level. And you can always try to kill the stock turbos and shoot for 450hp.

sorry continuing the thread-jack

honestly the 1jz is plenty of motor for drifty.

if youre like the rest of us, and im sure you are, youll never max out the 1jz, thus negating the need for 500cc's more displacement. the 1jz revs higher withh less stress on the motor than the 2jz. its just as stout of a block as a 2jz (701whp in a swapped motor withh only big single, cams, and supporting fuel and tuning...original head gasket, studs and rotating assy; the block was never opened, head never removed). and its WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY cheaper. if you still want to go 2j, i suggest NA-T.

but the 1j or 2j will use the same jzx81 mounts for a cressida.

Right now I am a zero balance (well really not zero but close) brother. So this is all paper and research.

The revs vs displacement came up in the discussion.

I originally wanted a 1j but was taking the advice that the 2js would be better coming over auto and costing less because they weren't wanted as bad as the 1j. In the real world getting a front clip that is already 5 speed would help as I could just pick off what I need to get it running. No searching for bellhousings and the such (so I think).

Stan, like Jason says. 1jz is plenty. I drove Kristians car (bone stock 1jz) last week and it had great bottom end response when compaired to my car and the SR. So if I can do the drifty on the road course withh tall gearing and a SR20 in a cressida withh no issues, 1jz can do it withh ease. Plus, like Jason also stated, the 1jz can rev higher. Which means it is better suited for drifting. Save the money you would spend on getting a 2jz and buy a big single turbo kit for the 1jz and make 350 whp or more right from the start.

Points taken :)

1JZ is a good motor aswell.And if you get some loot I got jzx90 and jzz30 engine sets for $1000 each. And I got 1 2j left for 1589.

And soon should have some R154's cross fingers in about 25 to 30 days.

I am looking for a front clip. My thought process is that:

1. It is one of the best shipping cases for the block and trans.

2. All of the brackets, plugs etc are there and can be used if needed.

I didn't know that the motorsets went for as low as 1k each. I have started saving again and will keep this in mind.

I wish that I would have gone 1J instead... for the sound and the revs. But I may change my mind once my 2J is running. I just like motors that keep build their HP all the way too redline like, not that whole gay torque monster earlier shifting. It's note worthy to mention though that the 2JZ will make 320hp stock as shit. withh the necessary things to fit it to the Cress it becomes pretty much BPU power level. And you can always try to kill the stock turbos and shoot for 450hp.

sorry continuing the thread-jack

No problem on the thread jack I think the information is great.

I will jump on a set of these mounts :)

Side note I went to the Pan American Nationals today at Atco and I am super amped up to get the car turboed and done. Impatience is now worse.

*****Edit*****

Payment sent for the mounts. I have now started the pile of parts for this swap.

thanks stanbo.Also good luck on clips.No fire walls are allowed anymore. Find one now.Cause whats in the states is it.

I am going to try to bring in clips minus the firewall and see. Next container is all parts no motors.

thanks stanbo.Also good luck on clips.No fire walls are allowed anymore. Find one now.Cause whats in the states is it.

I am going to try to bring in clips minus the firewall and see. Next container is all parts no motors.

No problemo thank you!

Wow I didn't know there was a change in what could be shipped over. I am not ready to purchase so I will either go for one minus wall if they come over or just move on to a motorset.

payment sent for the mounts.....hopefully you still got some of the first batch there :) im waiting withh baited breath for the hood :)

Sign in to follow this