Keith

Japanese Buick Couture

Your dog is badass, just sittin' in that hard bucket all like "yeah so, what do you want?" ahaha

Where did you get that little setrab for your power steering, looks awful tempting. Everything looks so clean doing the p/s with AN lines and fittings. I think I may just copycat your setup a bit for my aristo. Looks way nicer/serviceable than fugly hardlines and rubber hose all over the god damn place/.

What did it all take to convert the pump to AN fittings? Just a couple adaptors or did it take anything crazy that you would suggest against it? Is the pressure line just the one driftmotion sells or did you have somebody local to you make one up for you?

I get hose & specialty stuff from anplumbing.com and most of the standard AN fittings from bonehead performance (via eBay) and make it all myself. The AN fittings they sell are no name but the quality is good and I haven't had any issues. Saved a few bucks.

High pressure line I made myself, pretty easy. Little tip there is to throw the HP line in the oven at a low temp for a few minutes, then assemble. It's damn stiff and hard to get the fitting to start threading initially.

Got lucky with that new Setrab off of eBay. I've seen others there, otherwise Setrab, Earl's or whatever are available at Summit, anplumbing, etc. Reservoir is an eBay special too.

I cut the factory steel beaded fitting down off the pump and welded a -10 male bung to it. Everything else is pretty much plug & play. Use stat-o-seals for the rack & pump fittings instead of crush washers, you'll have better luck for preventing leaks and not stripping the soft aluminum fittings.

I probably have double into the lines & fittings than what the cooler & reservoir cost me, but it looks good and will be bulletproof.

Good tips thanks a lot, I was thinking about just having one of the local hyrdaulic places make me up a pressure line, or get the fittings and crimp them on myself as I have a crimper here for those hydraulic fitting clamps. But that powersteering stuff on the website looks awfully easy to do too and nicer. The A/C stuff they have listed looks pretty nifty too, might just be spending a lot of my next few paychecks on lines and fittings. A few things take priority right now. But damn after seeing this I know I won't be able to leave my lines alone as messy and shitty looking as they are right now.

Damn you haha

And who cares if it cost a bit of money, if it was cheap or easy everybody would be doing it. Plus like you said, they're bulletproof which is really the most important part of all.

Was excited to spend all wknd on the car. Instead I spent a day working on the wife's Pathfinder. Still got some stuff done.

Dash panel in proper shape. Still have to mount it and cut for gauges. Anyone have any tips for drilling nice holes in aluminum? I always have trouble with hole saws. I probably just need to buy some higher quality bits.

cressida_feb10_010.jpg

Got some new coilpack plugs since Toyota plastic is a combination of rat turds and dried up bread. Also a new output shaft seal for the trans.

cressida_feb10_012.jpg

Got a new heatshield gasket, ceramic coated intake mani and Aeromotive AFPR all put in today. Intake mani is much prettier now.

cressida_feb10_011.jpg

cressida_feb10_013.jpg

I want to drive.

Nice! so clean.

I WISH the x90 had that much room between the intake manifold and the strut tower. On ours, it's impossible to take the intake off without pulling the motor pretty much.

huge step up from the cardboard man ;)

how bright is that panel? planning on hitting it with some flat black or something or leaving it bare?

Wow, thats damn nice.

Almost to elegant for a drift car haha.

Fuck! leave it bare! That fuckign shit looks amazing the best Cressida interior evaaaar!

It's staying as is. I have just enough slack in wiring for my fuse & gauge panel. Dealing with this was not fun and I don't intend on doing anything further with it unless it proves to not be stable enough in "race" conditions.

I really hate my steering column now, so ugly. Next year...

Spent most of the weekend working on the bike but got a few things done in prep for next weekend. Planning to get the exhaust, bash bar, pass seat mount and hydro brake mount all fabbed.

Fired up the car for the first time this spring and all went well. Had lots of engine & wiring torn apart so it was nice not to have issues.

Starting trimming the front bumper. I'm blatantly ripping Ameen on this. I like how it looks and I want the added airflow for my oil cooler.

cressida_mar10_002.jpg

3" stainless & Vibrant resonator off Scott's VH S13. This plus some extra stock will transform into my exhaust.

cressida_mar10_003.jpg

Just about have all my diff stuff to get it properly re-installed. Figured I'd buy a dial indicator & magnetic base since I'll probably be pulling it a few times for different set ups. Still waiting on my solid pinion spacer.

cressida_mar10_004.jpg

And Sumo says hello.

sumo_couch_mar10_003.jpg

Got some of the bigger remaining stuff done yesterday. Woke up early and hauled the car down to my broham Jeff's house for a full day of fun.

He has a nice garage. Surround sound & TV. 5' deep pit & lift. 16 48" flourescent fixtures. 4th bay is paint/body. Yep, it rules.

cressida_apr10_009.jpg

Dylan lives here too.

cressida_apr10_007.jpg

So anyways....less words, more pics. Started on the exhaust first.

cressida_apr10_001.jpg

cressida_apr10_002.jpg

cressida_apr10_005.jpg

cressida_apr10_011.jpg

cressida_apr10_012.jpg

cressida_apr10_013.jpg

cressida_apr10_014.jpg

cressida_apr10_015.jpg

3" stainless with a Vibrant resonator & Magnaflow tip. It sounds so damned good. Took it around the block today and it was hard to stay out of the throttle. I'll have to take it somewhere soon.

Then we started on the bash bar. I wanted something to support the bumper and take care of minor bumps in tandem (top bar) or from debris on the track (low bar).

cressida_apr10_016.jpg

cressida_apr10_017.jpg

cressida_apr10_018.jpg

cressida_apr10_019.jpg

Can't even see it with the bumper on.

cressida_apr10_020.jpg

Extended the top and triangulated it for a little extra support.

cressida_apr10_021.jpg

I ground down all the high and sharp spots on the welds today, especially on the top where the bumper will sit. Then shot it with some primer so it doesn't rust. I need to get it powdercoated or maybe bed liner. Ha.

Last two projects of the day were pretty easy. Weld in some angle bar for the rear seat mount and then make a better mount for the hydro brake. Welded some steel to the tunnel and then built out off of that. Now it's rock solid.

cressida_apr10_022.jpg

Huge thanks to Jeff for all the welding. Five weeks from today, first event of the season. Couple little things to do but no sweat.

YOU HAVE A PIT?

Lucky fuck.

Work is looking amazing, great job.