Keith

Japanese Buick Couture

Car is looking great Keith. I was wondering what track you were at? Now that I live in Minnesota I'd like to come and hang out sometime.

Elko Speedway.

There will be a open even there on 8/27.

There will be some events at Raceway Park this summer too (smaller oval). Sign up for d-town.us for MN local dudes. It's like JZXP, lots of shit talk.

Awesome! Really!

Color, stance!

BTW, what color is that ?

OEM ?

Thanks. Color is BMW interlagos blue...or as close to it as we could get. Looks fantastic in the sun, kinda blah in flat light.

So whats your take on longer wheel base drifting ? U like it more than coupes ? Or the slower transition speed and overall heaviness kills it all ?))

Looks good. Maybe kouki tails would be cool. As for the dyno your power is excellent for that boost level. AFR looks a little erratic but safe overall. I'd say you're right on the money.

Nicest car on here :)

^^you know I was thinking the same thing about the tail lights

So whats your take on longer wheel base drifting ? U like it more than coupes ? Or the slower transition speed and overall heaviness kills it all ?))

It's obviously not as fast regarding transitions compared to a shorter wheelbase - but I haven't driven on a track where I've significantly felt a difference. I drove a few friend's cars last year on kart tracks, never felt like they had a big advantage over me. Part of it now is that this is just so different than most of my friends. They're ~300whp smooth powerband or larger power LSX, my car creeps up and then punches you in the face. Anyways, I have no complaints and it will only get better as I set the chassis up.

Looks good. Maybe kouki tails would be cool. As for the dyno your power is excellent for that boost level. AFR looks a little erratic but safe overall. I'd say you're right on the money.

Thought the same about AFR. It only wavers within 6 tenths but still seems odd. I'm no expert on that stuff though.

I looked at the kouki tails before and thought I remembered liking these better. Will have to check them out again.

Thanks for the comments guys. Feels good to have it together finally.

when i bought my car it had a left kouki and a right zenki taillights lol

oh and yes this car is insane! i love it!

Car is looking great Keith. I was wondering what track you were at? Now that I live in Minnesota I'd like to come and hang out sometime.

What? When the fuck did this happen?

Couple updates.

Put in a one piece driveshaft from Xcessive. Car revs faster than my bike.

Got the SerialNine rear links put in and aligned the car. Still getting it all in spec to my liking and playing around with settings.

Did the Austin Healey club hillclimb event that I did last year. First try was rained out, did the second one and not as many drivers could make it so I got a ton of runs. Best time was upper 1/3rd of the group, spent most of my time spinning rear tires but had a blast. A '76 Spitfire had the best time of the day, beating me by about 5 seconds. I don't think he ever touched the brakes. Lots of cool vintage cars, newer exotics and the usual stuff. Went for a ride in this car:

aahc_june11_019.jpg

He lost it in the first chicane on the hill and put it into the guardrail when I was shotgun. Just a lapbelt. Damage was minor, he (we) got lucky.

His g/f showed up in this. Both cars have custom front subframes, half tubs, wilwood, etc. Cool stuff.

aahc_june11_001.jpg

Took a few pics of my car at the end of the day since I haven't really had the chance. It's covered in dust but still pops pretty good. Hopefully there will be some decent action shots popping up.

aahc_june11_027.jpg

aahc_june11_025.jpg

Yeah yeah, could be lower. But it handles great, doesn't rub and I can pull it on/off the trailer with full aero on. Not changing a thing.

Getting everything in order for ECB, counting down the days.

x10 +35

x9 +20

No spacers, fenders pulled a bit.

Guest Mitto

This thread is so full of epic epicness!! Massive thumbs up of awesomeness!!

ECB!!!!

Scott & I left Wed for Chicago. Met up with the guys at Touge Factory. Crab was there with the MetSHO which worked out great so I could see how it fits me for the event next month. I asked the guys the week before if we get could Korean BBQ since the Twin Cities is seriously lacking good Korean. We headed out from TF and ate/drank a bunch.

2011-06-22_20-57-42_304.jpg

Went back to Gambler Rambler where the power was still out from a storm the night before. Had a romantic candlelight sleepover.

ecb11_thurs_001.jpg

ecb11_thurs_002.jpg

And I got to make fun of Eric for his new cah.

ecb11_thurs_003.jpg

Goodbye Chicago.

ecb11_thurs_004.jpg

Stopped at a rest stop and covered Dave's truck in hashbrowns. It was covered in seagulls but I took this pic too late.

ecb11_thurs_005.jpg

Drove until dinner and then made a brief detour off I80 to Grove City for

ecb11_thurs_007.jpg

ecb11_thurs_008.jpg

ecb11_thurs_009.jpg

ecb11_thurs_010.jpg

ecb11_thurs_011.jpg

ecb11_thurs_012.jpg

Damn good.

Back on the road. Stopped at WalMart to get a tarp for Dave's tent since it looked like rain. Saw some people of WalMart material.

2011-06-23_22-38-09_261.jpg

Pic from the front would have been better.

Then we drove in the most extended torrential downpour ever. In the dark. On strange highways. And hills. After driving for 10 hours. It was horrible.

Anyways. We got there about 2am all strung out and were promptly handed an extremely appreciated drink. Then we slept.

Unloaded on Friday. Car fired up, let it warm up a bit and then took it down the road to make sure all is well. Of course it wasn't. Acted like it was missing and all screwed up. Took the coil packs and plugs out as it was still wet from the night before. Got it dry and let it run hot for a while. Still no go. Plugs all looked the same. Dave suggested I may have some water in the gas. Off we went to the parts store. Seventeen hours later after we made nothing but right turns in the state of NJ, we were back. Put the stuff in the tank, fired it up...let it run for a little bit...and all is well. Sweet.

We also went to Wawa somewhere in there. That pretty much ruled. Pepperoni sandwich.

Next up was a trip to the Falken warehouse to grab some tires for Tony. Got severely lost but eventually found it. They have just a few tires there.

2011-06-24_16-59-10_319.jpg

This was like 10% of the place. I felt like I got cancer just breathing the air for the ten minutes we were there.

Fri night was chill. Few beers, hang out, sleep.

Sat morning, up at 7:30, felt great. Walked over to the portapotty to piss. Felt dizzy while in there....then I came to sitting in there. Whoah. Better get back to the truck and chill out for a little bit. Took five steps out of there and BAM. Fainted and landed square on my face. I remember putting my hands out but only have some scratches on the back of my right hand. Some of the dudes that were working on Forsberg's car came over and helped me out and I sat over there for a little bit. Thanks to whoever that was, never really caught names and it was a little fuzzy.

Spent the next few hours with ice and trying to stop bleeding. I felt fine all things considered and really just felt lucky that I didn't break teeth or my nose with how I fell. Could have really fucked up my weekend. Next thing I know, it's time to drive. Had blood rolling down my face for the first few laps. Ugh.

Driving was awesome. Felt really humbled with trying to learn the track and not F up. It's actually a good feeling, haven't driven any new tracks in a long time and it shows.

The track rules. If you haven't driven it. You're missing out.

5874685689_e6e03524c0_z.jpg

IMG_8240.jpg

IMG_8263.jpg

IMG_8678.jpg

IMG_8758.jpg

Turbo popped second run Sat night. Figures. Dave snapped a knuckle so we were both done.

Sat night was awesome. Put a bunch of faces to names and hung out. Simba enjoyed some BBQ.

2011-06-25_23-56-23_182.jpg

Watched Sunday then hit the road early.

By coincidence it was dark about the time we were rolling through Grove City...so since we knew the area, we got a hotel and had dinner at Primanti Bros. This time we went with the pizza. It was good.

2011-06-26_23-24-44_749.jpg

Got a good night of sleep and back on the road at 8am. Dave split off at Chicago and Scott & I stopped at Mitsuwa in Chicago for lunch.

2011-06-27_14-52-49_483.jpg

2011-06-27_14-49-20_57.jpg

Got into St. Paul at 9:30. Then I slept.

Thinking about hitting Street Life Tour in Sept....not sure...but will be back for ECB 2012. I need to drive that track again. Thanks again, Club Loose.

2011-06-29_16-56-40_910.jpg

I introduced myself and would have hung out and talked longer, but Jon was talking your ear off about your truck and paint and crap and there's nothing I hate more than hanging out with friends and talking about car crap alllll the time. That and you looked like teenage Hitler after the Jews kicked your puppy down the street. I figured your trip sucked the life force out of you so I just ogled your car for 10 minutes then left. Not to mention I was keeping a low profile cause I felt like the biggest dick in the world after Chris told me he popped my motor after 2 laps. Glad you had fun though! Your car looked great and you were driving that wall hard.

you should deff come through for freedom moves in sept... cars dope drooled over it for a few... loved the quarter exit exhaust on the s14... over all car looked gangster