driftaholic

Build thread for my "Kerr"

So my build posts have been very spread out over a few threads. I'll try and keep it simple from now on and put everything here. If a mod feels like merging the threads I would appreciate it but no biggie either way.

18x12 +12 withhh installed D-Max over fenders. We cut a lot of the door away so I can really slam the car. It's not completely done yet but I intend to have functioning rear doors.

Image031-1.jpg

Image032-1.jpg

Image033-1.jpg

Image034.jpg

I also installed a Torsen diff I got from duaxmachine on ebay. He is an awesome seller I got the diff a few days later in awesome shape.

withhhout the 20's on the 4.56 rear gears for WAY to short so I went withhh 4.10 wich I think are the perfect balance between the factory 3.9 and a 4.30 or 4.56. The Torsen diff is amazing! there is no delay for it to lock or unlock because it is constantly locked and only allows a equal rpm difference between the wheels. bacause of this it it nearly as stable as a welded but offers amazing turn in and the fastest swithhch backs I've ever experienced from a X chassis, some people even described them as equal to Japanese feints/swithhches.

At the Trial by Fire / NASA event I gouged one of the 18x10.5 and tore a sidewall clipping a nasty apex at full lock. I'm surprised the wheel didn't bend or break. I'm sure if it was a FN01 or Weapon or something it would have not survived. My rear camber arms worked flawlessly, the car had more rear traction then ever and my tires were wearing perfect. They took all the abuse I could throw at them.

I'll post pics and vids from the event as soon as I get them and more on the over fenders when I finish them. I'm even thinking about having a mold taken once their done and offering a set that fits the side of the X like a real over fender should

Fucking RAD man. . that is so cool .. It's gonna be dope when you get it all sorted and molded or whatever. . Rims look dope as well. . And when you lower it more. . Pure SICKNESS. .

G.

sick man, just sick. the combo of rims withh the flares leaves me speechless. mad props.

I haven't found anyone who got video and I was so behind getting the car ready I didn't arrange for someone to come :(

No worries, there is a team tandem battle on the 7th and another lot event on the 14th.

I love the steering angle on this one. I don't remember hitting full lock and I didn't spin all day.

Ben4.jpg

A couple sitting pretty. I cant wait for aero and paint

Ben5.jpg

Tireswap.jpg

Good shit man.. keep it up. . Wanna see Vids. .and a big assed SERIALNINE sticker on the side!!. . Sick man. .

Othing i noticed though. .the 91 up grill looks too pretty for your fairly gangster look . .get a pre 91 grill to look meaner. . Or paint that shit black. . (thats just my opinion though. .)

G.

How the fuck did I miss this. Jason told me about this today so I had to check it out. You better make sure you finish it so that the rear doors work or you're getting a beat down or...... something.

and wtf do you have done to get that much steering angle???

Ben4.jpg

I have uras tie rods and my tie rod outers hit the lower control arm.

I've been meaning to get one since I got the car. funny thing it's an 89 someone else must have put the ugly grill on before me

Werd. . Im glad you agree. :wink:

Cuz that shit is ugly. .

G.