Sign in to follow this  
aphxero

1j PS line?

Hey do you think you can make a 1j ps line for cressida? I'll buy one. Everyone will.

Thanks

i was thinking the same thing.....ill have aaron look at it when my car is down there (or if someone else can get there 1jz cressie there before me) since im only 15 mins away from his shop.

SS correct?

sure :) I usually hack the 7m one but I'd like the banjo bolt on the pump instead of the flare nut.

ill look into it, ill dig up my banjo bolt to get the size and thread and that will give us a heads start. do you want it to replace the whole hose and hard line or just to the hard line?

The mk3 hose should work for Cressida too! If one of you guys want to get one I will send you a mk3 hose, and if it needs any adjustment in length I'll send you another one and have you send back that one.

We stopped using the banjo fittings because they had flow problems, no one makes an aftermarket banjo that is as wide as the stock Toyota part, and the ones we had didn't have enough of a slot in the center which caused the pump to whine. The 90deg fittings we use now are the best way to go for this.

The mk3 hose should work for Cressida too! If one of you guys want to get one I will send you a mk3 hose, and if it needs any adjustment in length I'll send you another one and have you send back that one. I'll sell one person one ps hose at half price for helping withh this.

been done bought that from you many moons ago, keemmosabi.

This is how the MK3 line goes in .. . so do I get a partial refund for being the ginnypig?

Ok, First you buy the Driftmotion PS line for the 1JZ .. . specify that it is for a Cressida and he will make one like this but one end will be set a little different . . . I am the ginnypig for the Cressida crowd so this one doesn't line up natural'ish . . . you can see it binding a bit.

PSline.jpg

Next be sure that you stick it in the right one on the rack like so . . .

ToPumpFromRack.jpg

Then grab the old return fitting to the rack and combine it withh the other end to make a ghetto setup (see next pick) . . .

Ifyouregangstaenough.jpg

Pop that return fitting in your rack and wallA! . . . Gangsta. Actually it depends on where you decide to put the PS resovior. I am going to put where the 7M overflow tank was since the JZ water pump and PS pump are opposite the old 7M. I am using the Aristo coolant overflow tank on the exhaust side since it kind goes withh the contour of the wheel well. Oh yes . . pic . . .

ReturnLine.jpg

Thats all for now.

I'll give you brownie points :) We'll figure out something next time you need parts...

So what change did it need to make it perfect? The ends can be adjusted slightly withh a pair of pliers and a vice or wrench. It looks like it could be about 1-2" shorter?

yeah, the dm ps line fits jza70 1jz -> X83, i just put mine on two weekends ago. the one i made was kinda shitty and i was ordering the clutch line anyway.

well the fitting to the PS pump is at a downward 45ish angle. both fittings face the passenger side of the car so if the fittings were at the angle of this thing . . > . . from each other. the rack fitting would be at the bottom and the pump fitting would be at the top.

That's the best I can explain it atm . . . freakin tired.

Ok, so maybe an inch shorter and change the angle of the fitting. I can do that no problem!

Make it all HP-SS lines withh AN fitting and I'll buy it...otherwise I'll make my own. ;)

Make it all HP-SS lines withh AN fitting and I'll buy it...otherwise I'll make my own. ;)

HP-SS?

I don't really know but . . . HP-SS sounds like high pressure-stainless steel.

I thought that's what it was?

Why the would a person need an AN-fitting? . . . so you can have teh joy of tapping your pump and rack?

The hose is rated for 3000psi, and the ends are already -6 AN. If he means the red/blue fittings withh neoprene hose, those are not rated for the kind of pressure ps pumps create.

We use that type of hose, and the hydraulic press used to put the fittings on costs more then a whole car! :shock:

I had some Cressida hoses made up today! So they are now in stock and ready to ship!

I sent a PM wanting to get one of those power steering lines but havnt recieved a reply. Got some odds and ends I need to order from the site, I'd like to add this to the overall order but this isnt a listed item.

Id call but my phone took a major shit.

I see.

It would be good to have some sort of conformation though... then again maybe there is and I should just order and go to sleep since its almost 2am. Fuck tired. Gnite

Drifmotion is my new best friend!

I was being pretty "meh" about the power steering thing... figuring I would call them or email them when i get the time and the ability. Well last night when I got off work, Driftmotion called ME to put any concerns to rest and confirm that: yes you just need to put the request into the notes when you order. IMO that was above and beyond the call of duty. I havnt had a shop or parts supplier call me to give information. So that was a cool move.

So long story short: Power Steering line is ordered, Driftmotion is awesome (just way busy), and Im getting closer to my 1j going in.

Sign in to follow this