Sign in to follow this  
Panchira!

My Renko

Ok heres the specs:

1991 Cressida

050 color code

169,283 miles

im performing a 1jzgte swap in the car. i have found out the ups and downs of buying used engines and many other problems....but alas its still fun and exciting for me! ok heres the story so far:

i picked up the car about year ago. i drove it from the persons house right into my driveway. and withhin 2 weeks it performed the last burnout withh the old and worn 7m. i first started by removing all the front end components fenders, head light, grill, bumper and hood. and drained the coolant. and just dug into the beast! so anyways to keep it short it was out in about 3 hours. and shoved both the engine and trans into the garage! and sat there resting for a while just staring at the engine. the next weekend i put the 1jz on the engine stand and started dissassambly. fist off was all the wiring looms and onto my firse problem. apparently someone cut half of the main loom of the harness.....oh well on to the next thing. then all the accessories went next. everything had a nice caking of dirt and debris... and all i had left was the long block :) on to the next weekend. i pulled the crank puley and timing belt and related stuffs. timing belt was worn. pulled the valve covers off no sludge! PHEW! pulled the cams out. removed the head bolts and lifted the head off....where i found my 2nd problem......oil in # 1 and 2 cylinders....crap. upon further inspection spark plug valleys were nice and dry....so i shiped the head to the machine shop... all the valve guides are shot taking out the stem seals.....FUCK! so now i have a short block. i decided to do a ATF soak to break free the carbon on the pistons and behind the rings. so next up on the choping block was the oil pan, oil pump and crank/rods/pistons. flip the engine over and remove the pan....3rd problem..... metal shavings in the pan! FUCK again! now i know this guy sold me a crap engine.......so i kept going pulling it all apart. the bearings were brand new! WTF! no crank damage at all! ok now i was scratching my head to figure out what the hell all this metal came from.....? i pulled everything apart nothing.....and then the only thing i didnt pull apart was the oil pump. removed the side casing and voalla! the oil pump was chewed to hell! FUCK! 100% crap engine. so it sat there for a while while i was sourcing a R154 trans, clutch pedal, clutch, and all the other goodies! so i started rumminging through all my stuffs and decided to have the ct-12a's inspected. more great news! the compressor wheels are cracked (both of them)! by this time i was ready to scrap this project and move on to my other car (TE27 or TE70 corolla). well i stuck through it saved a ton of money. bought a turbonetics GTK-550, single turbo mani, FMIC, fuel rail and injectors. at this point i had lost all intrest in the car and the project for about 3 months. absolutly no work on the car! then for some odd reason the fire under my ass was light again. and work continued. so i took the block to the machine shop and withhin a week i had even better news! the cylinder bores had way to much taper (this is taper---> / ) fantastic! so i weighed my options. buy another 1jz or make it a 1.5jz. i priced out both options and just decided to stick withh all my original stuffs. i ended up having CP pistons make me a custom set of forged pistons +.020" over. for 750 bucks. and having the block bored +.020", decked, hot tanked, and main caps measured (475 bucks). the crank is going to get a measure and micro polish (100 bucks). and since im going this far im going to throw in a set of cams. in 264* trim. and thats it. so i started to do work on the chassis on the car. i decided to do a cresta conversion front and rear. but because i just want to run it ASAP now so the rear end conversion is going to wait. so started checking the fitment of everything. the fenders need grafting but i need to buy a welder still.... the head lights bolt right on, same with hthe hood. well the only problem is jarco sent me the wrong hood! sweet! but luckly another person on the other forum got my hood and we swaped hoods. we had to FIGHT JARCO to swap hoods. so they finally did 2 months later. they got my hood undamaged and i got mine practly destroyed :(. so i have been having nothing but problems. and now im just waiting saving money and doing the things to the car that dont cost a thing. i work my ass off to buy these parts. any ways on to the pics there will be a lot of them so be wary!!!!!

grafting time. the cresta fenders have a flair on them (maybe on the mark 2 and chaser ones too??) so im going to cut and weld the back half onto the stock mx83 one :)

Holy gauge cluster worth more than the car, Batman!

close but withh this project i wanted a stack cluster. i wanted one in my old datsun but the guage pod was round so it would not work....

Sweat .. . your build thread in condensed form. Man I forget how of you you have put into this thing. Long forgot about the stack cluster.

Hopefully you can get a hood off that Rubahusaman guy here. If anything, get a second set of front stuff just incase a tree or barrier jumps out in front of you mid drift.

Sweat .. . your build thread in condensed form. Man I forget how of you you have put into this thing. Long forgot about the stack cluster.

Hopefully you can get a hood off that Rubahusaman guy here. If anything, get a second set of front stuff just incase a tree or barrier jumps out in front of you mid drift.

yeah i emailed him and ill touch base withh him again....yes a lot of time and a serious amount of money im putting into this. but the funny thing is i got about another 3.5-4k more to spend to get her rolling. as for buying another cresta front eh ill save the 500 bucks to spend on parts i need. and i forgot to say this in the first post : THIS CAR IS GRIP NOT DRIFT!!!!!! im not down for car ballets or spending this much money for less than 1 min of run time. but anyways. i have learned a lot got burned a lot and well to put it bluntly i just want to drive this car now. i didnt want it to drag on for this long....but due to my last project i know the unexpected will happen. im not the type of person to just throw in a motor and drive it. ill reseal the whole engine and inspect it to see if it will last or will blow up in 100 miles......thats how i found out my engine was junk. but anyways. this is going to be one hell of a daily driver :) full luxiaries, a/c is staying in!!!! its to dam hot now-a-days here in socal not to have it.

well i was originally planing 450-475, but now im doing more work to the engine and cams i may go up to 500 ot 550. the turbo is rated at 600. i really dont want more than 550 in a street car.

but i dont know what kind of power it will actually make maybe only 350??? who knows but im hoping for 500-550 :)

the wait for machine shops and the pistons are killing me!!! GHAAAAAAA

Good to see ya on here. I will get a hood it will just take time as always.Containers seem to drag out aswell.My engine was kinda bunk too.I would always recomend a jzx90 engine set now.or aristo.

ok thanks a bunch! just a cresta hood :) pm me a cost :) yep i would only recomend jzx90 or newer clips or engines because its hard as hell to find low good condition jzx81 or jza70 engines... maybe another week or 2 for the pistons :( the wait is killing me :( yes figured ill join here and stuffs

well i was originally planing 450-475, but now im doing more work to the engine and cams i may go up to 500 ot 550. the turbo is rated at 600. i really dont want more than 550 in a street car.

but i dont know what kind of power it will actually make maybe only 350??? who knows but im hoping for 500-550 :)

the wait for machine shops and the pistons are killing me!!! GHAAAAAAA

500whp is gonna be crazy fast. what do you plan on running for wheels and tires?

Machine shops kill!!! it took the shop i go to a month! just to finish some basic machine work (and some go fast work too)

i call shot gun when its done. i get to ride shotgun before your wife !!!

ok hahahahhaha not a problem you have to be here before her! more than likly aaron will be the first to ride shotgun. for tuning :) when you ride no peeing your pants. or you have to buy me a new seat.

MY Renko = MY (my car) Renko (the cars name)

Nice to see you here. Love the updates btw.

ok guys so your wondering why all my pics are gone and my photobucked is locked....well due to an close call on one of the forums some one attempted to help themselfs to my stuffs. so sorry guys no more pics on any of the forums i just cant take the chances anymore....

ok guys so your wondering why all my pics are gone and my photobucked is locked....well due to an close call on one of the forums some one attempted to help themselfs to my stuffs. so sorry guys no more pics on any of the forums i just cant take the chances anymore....
some one tried to steal your parts??? is that what you're trying to say?

thats exactly what im saying, i dont know who or from what forum they found my house. but as the result no more pics sorry guys. im just a bit suprised and pissed at the same time...