Jason

Teddy Roosevelt rides a moose

Cylinder 5? lol

No really just go through it. You didnt extend the thing did ya>?

>Ihttp://www.phoenixtuning.com/ . the guys i took the car to, to finish up the swap bullshit, instead of wiring it in and making it run as is, sent it off to him to get extended and whatever else. he added in the ignition sense module that converts the tach signal from jzx90-jzz30 to mx83. he also replaced ignition clips cause the old ones were broken and crappy. possibly replaced the injector clips too.

anyway matt called me up today and said that #5 is firing, but firing weak and the spark will probably blow out under boost.

ill be getting it back like monday or tuesday. ill kinda need an idea where to start, other than with 6 known working coils(cause i know that already).

not stoked.

mark opened up the box yesterday...this is the PM he sent me.

all I can say is what a fucking mess! Jesus man!

i called mark today. the ignition leads on cyl 5 are in the wrong side of the clip. so the spark signal is going into coil 5 reversed. basically the coilpack wasnt really charging and thus was discharging a super weak spark. not to mention how hes dug into it more and says what a half assed job it is. and stay away from phoenix tuning harnesses because this isnt the first phoenix harness hes had to fix. "par for the course" "just in it for money" and (sarcastically)"as long as it starts who cares how it runs" are other sentiments mark echoed. there was tons of extraneous wires that werent necessary and werent being used that needed to be removed also....

so yea basically if you want your car to START get a harness from tweak. if you want it to RUN and RUN WELL get it done right the first time.

Sorry to here that you had problems... I heard nothing but good stuff about Josh at Pheonixtuning. He has a lifetime warranty on the harness, did you try getting him to fix the problem? Good luck with it...

i did hit him up on his forums. he deleted my post (so his dirty laundry wasnt out in the open on his forums apparently) and PMed me offering his lifetime warranty. however, it is the same as with any warranty. lets say you get a bike, and through the course of normal riding the frame bends. could be it was a manufacturers defect. could be you were abusing it. could be youre too heavy for it. any way you slice it youve got a bent frame. the company you bought it from is gonna replace it...WITH THE SAME EXACT PRODUCT. the harness was junk from the get-go. i have not modified it in any way. i had a local shop dig into it and they couldnt figgure it out either. they re-did everything they un-did so it is in the same state as when tweak had sent it out. theres extra unnecessary wires that should have been removed. theres a ton of half assery: butt connected knk2 sensor?! are ya fuckin kiddin me?!

so given the options of A: band-aid it for free or B: pay a knowledgeable source to fix it 100%, im gonna go with the 100% fix.

I don't know what happen, I search thru the interweb and from many folks happy with his work. I could see a problem if everyone had problems and no one was happy but that is not the case. I getting him to wire my 2jz with a 1jz auto tranny. 2jz aristo ecu for the engine, and the 7m tranny computer for the 1jz tranny... One fluke won't get me scared, would you quit shopping say at Wal-Mart for a bad experience someone else had? If that happen no one would shop at Wal-Mart...

the problem in that analogy, and im sure that gordon would be happy to chime in on, is that walmart is a cheap chineese junk clearing house. which in my opinion is exactly what dr tweak/phoenix tuning is.

i paid somewhere on the order of $700 for a functioning 1jz wiring harness into a cressida(problem 1). i paid an extra $125 or something for a tach signal converter that i really didnt need, all i needed was to remove a resistor and solder in a wire. (problem 2). i paid a "supra savvy" shop to do the instal of the harness (problem 3).

so i way overpaid a professional whos main source of business revenue, nay, according to their MAIN PAGE AT www.phoenixtuning.com: "specialize in doing wiring conversions...for Toyota engine swaps" for my cheap knockoff junk thats no where near the quality or caliber of work thats going to come off of a peers kitchen table.

do yourself a favor and send your shit to aphxero before josh wastes your time and takes your money. mark will be more than happy to chime in when hes back in town. i asked him specifically to take pictures and document what hes doing step by step so we can add it to the wiring guide and we can show everyone what is really coming out of phxtng.

harness is back. ecu plugs are soldered in. almost fully plugged in. all that remains is starter, knk1, battery, and reverse lights.

getting under it tomorrow to do that, connect the sway bar with feisar spl endlinks, and reattach the accessory belt. mark makes an AWESOME harness. TONS of pics tomorrow.

aside from me being slightly retarded and bolting the pwr grommet to G-, its all wired in. fired up 1st try. the harness looks and fits amazing and its just straight amazing. thank you for everything times 1000000000000000 mark!!!!!!!!!!!!

all the crap mark removed

010-1.jpg

final product

008-2.jpg

mark`s phone pic

IMG00042.jpg

overall the engine bay is still a little sloppy. hunts on warm idle because the iacv is open atmosphere atm. either need a shitty little apc filter on it or hook it up to the intake tube. also need to clean up the huge steel heater tubing loops behind the down pipe. then attach the washer resevoir and a decent overflow tank. cost

after that its onto the interior. ill be filling the cracks in the dash and attempting a flock. reaphulstering the back seat. adding another brix on the passenger side. choosing which steering wheel to run (toms or nardi classic). stowing all the crap in the drivers foot well under the knee board. soldering the tach. replacing the headunit. cost

last, the exterior. too much to cover in words. ill let the pics do the talking.

tomorrow! BURN!!!!!

srry didnt get finished doing what i had to untill like 10pm.

Glad to hear it's running fine. The idle can be tuned in the pfc pretty easily. If you want just gimme a call about it.

Any pics of harness installed? See that laptop bag in the pic? Yeah it contains over 6 years worth of toyota wiring know how. It is the god book and I love it. aaaaaand Im drunk.

I wanna see it running vids. Now back to my booze.

good to hear you got the issue sorted out. i too have only heard good things about dr. treak, but have never come across any of his/their work personally. mark's harness def looks like how a proper harness should look. no loose exposed wires and wrapped up nicely. an organized and properly put together harness not only performs better (i've seen wires twisted together within a harness) but makes troubleshooting 10X easier should there be any problems for whatever reason.

NICE!

This is totally cool that it's all worked out. I think you were a little hard on the guy (being josh) but it was kind of trashy esp for $700. I had to redo a gze harness he did and it was the same shit. Lots of unused/exposed wires, unneeded connectors, stupid unneeded tach convertor, fuel system wiring was ghetto rigged, And NOTHING fit tight/correctly. Some things are way too long and some don't even reach and/or come out in the wrong places. His stuff is for the most part functional (if you can make it fit) but the coil wiring thing was a pretty noob mistake.

Digging through his work I will say this much: I understand exactly how it's all done and why. This is profit motivated for sure. This josh guy could do better if he wanted to I'm sure. He's doing this for a shop so maybe they pressure him to get it out quickly? I just don't get why they charge so fucking much for what they are doing. I'd pay $250 max for it not $700.

And for the record supra guys like him because they think anything that works is acceptible. And lets be honest here, supra harness isn't fucking rocket science.

/rant.

Get some pics/vids up already jason!

dusk times photoshootz = amazing lighting

001-11.jpg

005-4.jpg

008-3.jpg

010-2.jpg

009-2.jpg

the fuck?! hahah i rub on fucking everything!

except the sidewalls :P

i love concave. i love one piece. i love camber! now you need s9 aero

man i seriously need to dump my car. i think i will for toyofest

wow that shit is dumped -sic but Id like to see the rims with stretched or smaller tires -would def give it a more super concave look

shit still looks good

it def needs smaller tires. it was rubin like CRAZY last night. the rear shits were so hot they were sticky