Jason

Teddy Roosevelt rides a moose

Update. It needs a battery and I probably haven't driven it in 6 months.

I went to Radwood Philly. I forgot to buy my show area parking. Spotted by a Connecticut guy in the Parkinglot D'elegance y'all.

44033734_10215465067673774_1689500908586

Honestly I'd prefer shitposting like this over noposting.

^^Agreed^^

Any pics from the show?

Any other cressida's at the show?

As far as not driving it in six months....join the club #realifemodelprojects.com

I didn't really take any. I snapped one of a Lancia Integrale HF. No other cressidas. 2 - 3 MK3 supra. 3-4 MK2. 2-3 MK4. A bunch of garbage. A bunch of otherwise forgetable cars. There were two Toyota Sera's. Basically a Paseo that looks like a Mazda MX3 with butterfly doors.

1990-toyota-sera-gull-wing-75k-auto-ac-1

So not to many cressida's in Philly I take it.

Just a few poopra fags from the sounds of things.

That sera is borderline comical.Does it come with an underpowered engine that's prone to head gasket and or main bearing failure?

This year has been...fun. Did a whole lotta nothing with it recently. Drove it a few weeks ago to find out there's a bunch of nagging maintenance needing done.

1) The clear coat on the roof trunk and hood is shitting the bed again. 

2) The SSQV seems to be stuck.

3) Had to top off the brake master cylinder. 

4) Drivers door handle is broken.

5) Steering wheel leather is toast.

Chris sent me a bunch of trim stuff that was broken and missing since I got the paint done years ago. I put a spring clip on the speaker grille so it stays in place now!

I've got a bunch of money I -COULD- throw at it, but seeing how I drive it infrequently I'd rather get bang for the buck kinda stuff. Like, if I'm being honest, I'm not gonna give a fuck about control arms unless mine are rusted out or the bushings are rotted and can't hold an alignment. I just want it to look decent, be safe and run hard. 

I'm more interested in things like: 

1) make the AC work, make the heat work better. 

2) chase the brake leak, replace all brake lines,

3) find out whats thumping on turns (is it the dif or the axles) 

4) raise it a bit so it doesn't rub on everything

5) reclear the roof 

6) pretty up under the hood a bit

7) top of the rear window trim is shot after the paint

This is where y'all come in.

I've got GX81 turn signal housings, is there an interchange plug/wiring harness that goes into it? (Like, 1994 Land Cruiser or something?)

What's the 2020 reasonable value coilovers? BC? 

Who has a pair of 1jz non vvti valve covers?

What's the good short throw, stock height shifter?

Who is running a clutch fan? What shroud are you using? (I can also do 2 SPAL e-fans and get a custom shroud built)

Is there a roof wing that doesn't suck?

2DIN bluetooth head unit that connects seamlessly and doesn't transmit EMF noise?

5 hours ago, Jason said:

2) The SSQV seems to be stuck.

------------------------------------------------

3) find out whats thumping on turns (is it the dif or the axles) 

This is where y'all come in.

Who is running a clutch fan? What shroud are you using? (I can also do 2 SPAL e-fans and get a custom shroud built)

Is there a roof wing that doesn't suck?

2) SSQVs will clog up from time to time.
Flush it with Simple Green.
You can use mineral spirits, but if you leave it in there too long, it will swell the internal little silicone check valve.
Instructions over at SupraForums: SSQV servicing
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3) Add more LSD additive to the diff lube, or buy a helical.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where we come in:
I ran twin FlexLite fans on my 7M without issue, but sold them to whoremouth.
I now have a twin Derale  fan set that will put out nearly twice what the FlexLite set did.
Will set them up with individual temp switches, so they will come on 20° apart, and not at all if I'm under 50 mph.

fortune auto

no shroud using ls400 fan clutch and 7 m fan.  

I'll agree on the fortune auto.  Seems to be the way most people go these days.

@ChriSOL is a rebel with his no shroud life.

If you put a new radio in Pioneers are pretty damn seemless when it comes to connecting.  Do you need android auto/iwhatever hands free crap?  They have gotten good at it.
Alpines always sound better.  It's just a fact.  I don't know that I'd run another double din in a cressida.  I had an alpine once, but I just liked the simplicity of my single din more.  But to each their own.  I just know more about radios than all the other shit I should know about when it comes to these cars.

But more to your question, if you have a new radio and you are getting that much noise the problem isn't the radio(unless its a factory defect) the problem is your installation.  Consider running better ground and power to it.

I have a newer radio (its probably from the late 90's or early 2000's). I don't get EMI from the radio, I get it from the shitty aux cable. And iPhone doesn't have audio jack anymore so everything cabled to aux would be through at least a dongle + aux cable. 

I don't know that I have the auditory sensitivity to hear the difference between 2 top tier brands.

Also, in addition to new brakes lines, I'd like to do fuel lines. 2 things that would be really bad if they failed seem like pretty smart preventative maintenance. 

7 hours ago, Jason said:

iPhone doesn't have audio jack anymore so everything cabled to aux would be through at least a dongle + aux cable. 

If you want the quality sound for voice calling and audio then this should cover you for under $300.  I don't think you'll get much better than this for the price.  Should sound damn good and be pretty straight forward to control. I don't use the iphone but for the android I've found that pioneer has made the phone quick and easy to use through the stereo.
https://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-MVH-1400NEX-Digital-Multimedia-Receiver/dp/B07951J34N

Where do you nerds have your gauges? I have AEM UEGO and TRU-Boost.

I've seen the 3D printed vent/clock/clamshell pods from autoextrude.com --any of ya have these?

I was considering making a dashtop pod out of sheet metal then foaming and shaping it in as I recover the cracked dash. On top of the dash looks like it's in my line of sight. Adding it above the glove box in any way imaginable looks too far away and probably make the passenger seat feel smaller. 

I gave brian the file to replace the clock, it's the best not in the way place. Your stereo should have a clock anyways.

Also, just get a Can Bus gauge.

This thing is still dope. Blew a brake hard line during this drive. 3 lines are already patched. Just gonna redo the whole brake system. Y’all use anything special for fresh lines front to back, or just get one of these Straight line "bends it yoursef" pre-flared toyota kits with toyota flare fittings on them? https://www.ebay.com/itm/Brake-line-kit-Toyota-1991-1994-1993-1992-1995-1996-replace-corroded-lines/352557399044

I use a hydraulic tool for the flaring, and one of those generic 90 degree bending/rolling tools for the bending 

https://www.amazon.com/MASTERCOOL-72485-PRC-Universal-Hydraulic-Transmission/dp/B06WD86RLH/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=mastercool+brake+line+flaring+tool+kit&qid=1598243310&sprefix=mastercool&sr=8-3

It's expensive, but it's the only way to go as far as I'm concerned

Seriously that kit fucks. Makes a perfect flare every time.

Nice find !

Just took the number, and found it on eBay for $40 less, from 100% feedback seller.

Was dreading running new brake lines for my compound brake system using the $50 flaring set that I have.