jaime.g

my 1jz(jzx81) into mx83(usa) wiring guide

**Edit

Here is the unverified wiring guide i have come up withh so far. Please keep in mind i'm currently wiring this up as I find spare time and I have not yet verified if it actually works. Once I get the car working properly, I'll have the guide edited as necessary. Until then, use these only for reference. The guides will make much more sense once I scan in the pictures of each plug involved off of the engine harness and chassis, I will work on that very soon.First off you will have to extend the 5 connectors which come off of the jzx81 engine harness so that they can reach into the cabin right around the glove box area. Right now i'm extending my plugs probably 25 inches just to be safe. I would hate to come up short and have to extend everything again.You will also have to repin the 22pin ecu connector which is on the chassis side of the car which used to plug into the old 7m computer.Once the 22 pin connector is repinned, it is ready to be plugged into the jzx81 ecu.Then you can go about wiring everything else up. (see links below)and below are the plugs and locations in the chassis

i went out and got a us cressida ewd and it appears the guide i posted above must be for an australian cressida or something else.

as we speak im writing down the correct way for a us model mx83.

i'll post it up if anyone needs it after im done and verified that it works.

i'd like to see both of your diagrams. maybe compare the two. keep it as hella nice references. *Sticky? =O

man, i must have spent all day working on this wiring guide.

Please keep in mind that i have not verified if it works yet, but i will wire the motor up this weekend. Feel free to take a look, comment as necessary etc. especially if i have missed anything.

aphxero, i would love to see your wiring guide!, please post it up. I assumed that no one had bothered to make one, so I went ahead and spent all day doing it. Hopefully my work is correct.

I can also post up the jzx81 wiring diagrams if anyone needs them.

I want to edit the pages so that they also include diagrams of all necessary cressida harness connectors that are involved in the swap as well.

http://s18.photobucket.com/albums/b144/eli...1-mx83usa01.jpg

http://s18.photobucket.com/albums/b144/eli...1-mx83usa02.jpg

http://s18.photobucket.com/albums/b144/eli...1-mx83usa03.jpg

http://s18.photobucket.com/albums/b144/eli...1-mx83usa04.jpg

UPDATE

so this past weekend i started on the wiring and extending the plugs for the ecu and it is time consuming and tedious.

i'm probably more than halfway through withh the wiring and was thinking how i may need to repin the 22 pin ecu connector which comes from the dash of the chassis.

i found an existing guide on how to do this and i made small changes to it withh the jzx81 and us cressida ewd's i have.

here is how i'm planning on doing it.

please keep in mind i HAVE NOT verified if this works, it's just how i'm currently wiring up my car. I will let you all know once i get it running if this is exactly what needs to be done and change/update these guides as necessary.

http://s18.photobucket.com/albums/b144/eli...N-CONNECTOR.jpg

to be honest I've never wired a first gen ECU. But I have extensive knowledge of the x90 stuff. I really wanna make a photo guide.

wiring is pretty much done except for my igniter since it was cut.

i have sourced an igniter plug from a jza70, but it has different colors from the jzx81 wiring.

the jzx81 wiring diagram i have does not display the pin numbers on the igniter plug.

would anyone be able to help me out withh which colors go to what pin on the igniter plug???

page 3 is missing. The link to it requires login under his photobucket id.

Great info though, props for taking the time and posting it up.

Okay so today at work I'm going to makew a guide withh photos of all the connectors. This will be a complete deal for 81/90 swap withh 5 speed.

Okay so today at work I'm going to makew a guide withh photos of all the connectors. This will be a complete deal for 81/90 swap withh 5 speed.

Thank you. :)

Long ass post mark too add for that shit.HAHA> I got some info from my harness wiring.And 18"s should work just nice on the extention part.And fuck that auto shit.Force mofo's togo 5 speed.Auto makes your soul weak!

jzx81 is more closely related to jza70 wiring

jzx90 is super similar to jzz30

so are there any actual diagrams for jzx90 or am i just going to go by what mark wrote?

not that it isn't super helpful btw

You can get 90 diagram but you dont need it. All of your changes are related to body harness functions. A cressida diagram (of which I have one) would be helpful.

Hey I thought I was gonna do yours?

Oh by the by I included jzx81 info in there.

why is it so damn hard to find pin-outs for a jzx81

jzz30 pinouts are all over the damn internet but i can find shit on the jzx

this is going to suck

can someone put some captions on those diagrams too, because STA, NSW, TIL, CD2 etc.. mean nothing to me.