Sign in to follow this  
rayray

Interest in CF or FG trunks/hoods?

Throwing it out there, but a buddy of mine has been making cf trunks and hoods and the quality is VERY good. i saw an prototype of a trunk he made for a 92 accord (15.2 lbs) and alignment was perfect and sturdy

i can't have pricing withhout seeing how many buyers are committed to purchasing one or the other as it will cost him to make the mould and purchase supplies. but i wanted to gauge interest to see if it's something that you guys really want.

there probably won't be much interest in quality cf/fg parts of the poopie X83 cressida face, but that's all i have access to. please don't ask if i can make MarkII/Chaser/Cresta/Silvia/whatever fenders/bumpers/hoods/etc in cf or fg unless you are willing to supply me withh such parts to make moulds off of.

ray

cool, cf x83 hood would be neat but a. i live too far away, and b. it's the last thing i would want to have to pay for right now.

cf is gay. frp would be cool, but vents to make it propper would make it run like utter fucking shit if rain dripped down into the coil galley.

drop vent between radiator and cam gear cover?

would it even look right?

focus on getting us propper and cheap aero first PLEASE

I'd be down for a Koguchi Power-style X7 hood.

KC3800581.jpg

Think KidsHeart hood but for usdm face. I'd get one today :)

Our trunks arent heavy to begin withh so I doubt anyone would want it.

We need weight reduction up front, not in back.... CF/FRP MarkII drop vent hood would be spectacular.

i would actually be interested in the hood n trunk.

do you have any sample pics? just wanna get an idea of what the x8 stuff will look like when done.

i should have snapped some pics when i saw it :(

and again, unless i have access to such drop vents, i won't be able to incorporate them into the design. i'll sit down and talk to him some more to get a better idea on pricing... and if he's willing to make original designs instead of oem styles.

i'll let you know now though that it's not cheap. his prototype for the rear trunk was $600 alone in cf. of course the higher the demand, the lower the price gets

the hardest part i see in pulling through withh this is that there are 4 distinct X8 front end designs...

i'm thinking cressida hood, JP fenders (sideburn-less), withh JZX81 style front bumper. yay/nay?

i dont care for the vents & scoops. though i was thinking of a vent design for my original x8 hood.

but ill be satisfied withh a plain carbon fiber hood n trunk for my cress.

so would you say im lookin at around $1200+shipping for the hood n trunk ?

or more?

im definately very interested.

pricing is still up in the air. will ultimately depend on type of material, amount of material, and how many buyers.

i'd like to pricing and pics of cf hood on car before i can dedicate anything. not that i don't trust your friend or anything...it's just i've learned from other GB's and what not when i had a 03 sentra. *CF hood GB bad experience. Fitment was off. they sent the wrong screws and it looked like the hood was open when it was really closed... :thumbsdown:

i'd just be interested in the hood *for now

pls snap pics.

i posted this to get a feeler for how much interest there is in an oem-style lightweight hood/trunk (possibly fenders). i'm most likely going to fork over some of my own cash to get prototypes made but it won't be for some time.

i know david (shine) is already making x8 aero so i want to see what he came up withh. no sense in re-making something that he has already developed and manufactured you know?

i'll keep you guys updated as it progresses

i have a friend that would be probably interested in a c/f hood and trunk for his cressida.

David over at Shine has the Sexy Style kit for the cressida. Something simple lookin. Although i like agressive stuff, like the BN Sports Type 2 kit. ha

..orangey red car in that pic.

sexystylead.jpg

Guest DuaxMachine

I just found this thread, and I am interrested.

I need at least 1 of each for the race car, and maybe a hood for my NA.

I could also use box flares to fit the MX.

I have bubble flares for the race car now, but really think they are out of style for the MX83 body style.

The TRD AE86 front box flares look good on it,

but the rears didn't come close.

I would go for a drop vent, but until I have the engine in the car,

I have no idea where the blower snout will be.

So I may end up putting a hood blister in just to clear the blower drive.

I would be happy withh just a light FPR hood, and I could glass in what I need later.