Bill

I heart missile style

suprastore screwed me, I bought tons of stuff from them in the past, and now (against the instructions in the order form) they won't let me use my same credit card i've always used, and will not allow me to respond by email, I have to phone long distance to get wire transfer info??? WTF!!!! ***CANCEL ORDER, F U!!!*** after 3 weeks I have no patience for online stores being senile.

big deal, It was just the FAL fans and walbro pump, easy to get on ebay anyway.

I got a C's jza70 shifter, and new rear inner hubs/bushings coming from the dealer (they turned out to be $300CDN each, but I need them) and I scored a cheap 2JZ-GTE waterpump pulley from adrenaline motorsports.

right now I'm just giving the sandblaster a break, I'm blasting all the seams to spotweld this afternoon, right now cressida is just laying naked in the sun, no glass, no doors, no wiring nothing.

big weekend coming up

going to get almost all of the chassis done, finalize the tar removal, remove all tar residue, some minor body work, final sandblast, prime, paint (chassis).

I got the colour nailed down, it's going to be a toyota bright/med metallic blue

big weekend coming up

going to get almost all of the chassis done, finalize the tar removal, remove all tar residue, some minor body work, final sandblast, prime, paint (chassis).

I got the colour nailed down, it's going to be a toyota bright/med metallic blue

is that like the hippo sleek color? or more like rx7 blue mica? i dont think i've seen that color before

The tar from behind the drivers seat forward + the tunnel weighs 30lbs.

Under the rear seat & trunk the tar is about the same, but double layered, so I'm guessing at least 30lbs + a little. I'll know once it's also off. the carpet is not nearly as heavy as the tar.

Fuck, now that's a lot of tar.

Now you can go out, indulge, gain 60lbs, and still break even in terms of curb weight :wink:

getting down to 3K isn't that far fetched anymore.

all the tar = 50 lbs

the carpet is probably more like 5 lbs.

not a whole lot been done lately, just trying to remove years of oil and dirt, cutting stuff, welding seams, prepainting some areas of bare metal, waiting for some parts to show up.

damn ~55lbs from just tar and carpet. not bad.

dont forget that rediculous steel backed dashboard that is now out of the car.....

lol, well the dash is going back in, but most of the vent system attached to it and all the AC and heatercore parts are out.

I'll have to weigh the AC system as well, see what ripping out the entire AC saves in weight? oh, and the ABS unit too :P

make some kind of attempt at removing as much of the steel as possible from the dash. if even just letting loose with a hole saw. seriously. that shit is rediculous heavy

if at all...nothing that couldnt be superceded with a proper cage.

Ordered my paint today. 8D7 blue.

going to finish most of the bodywork this weekend.

I'll try to get pics of my rear flare job when i'm done with it. then i'll have to go at the fresh new front replacment fenders with a bat or something and try to roll them, and chop the lower front lip ends off for the new bumper, I got a jzx81 bumper, i'm pretty happy the importer didn't get lazy on me, it's coming through cannonball-r for $500 shipped to me, a bit steep, but all the other canadian importers are dicks and don't want to look for me..

updated my site, new format all one page.

not much 1JZ conversion crap because all I've been doing is bodywork for the last 6 weekends.

my new front fenders are really looking good though, cut and rolled, welded and fiberglassed. nice like the fiberglass big*win style fenders on tsuyoshi's pink d1 car, but with no vents.

and I cut the front frame rails off under the bumper mounts to put the intercooler in right. i'm going with the jzx81 bumper with the hacked center opening and offset licence plate.

amazing. Out of curiosity, is all the body/flare mods street legal? Not like it'll exactly matter at a purpose-built drift car, but it'd be interesting to know.

well, the only law I know of that is related to bodywork in Ontario is that the tires can't stick out past the body of the car (like 4x4's with swampers have to cover the top of the tire with huge flares to be 'legal' but....

1. i don't care

2. the rims will stick out farther than the tires

3. cops have better things to do, i've been stopped for speeding with holes in the fenders, missing parts, and even missing registration sticker and they didn't notice.

4. if they do ever stop me for this, I will let them know i did in fact flare the fenders, and i believed that i met their requirements.

The bumpers are not a worry either, they are just as big as many other cars, except the shorter ones will likely just have less resistance to low speed hits, that's about all.

bodywork1.jpg

here's a pic of the progress...

i updated my site too.

anyone spot the gokart by the door?? :D not mine, kid on my street built it in the shop for kicks

i like the use of battleship grey in the engine bay. if even thats only primer...ill allow it. next step... battleship grey paint underhood...

i

Guest Push

wow good job! Can't wait to see her finished... You going to put your headlight washers back on? :wink:

8)

i wish i had a hoist (or access to one)... it'd complete all the shit my dad has in our garage :( Air tools, complete assortment of suspension/brake shit, welder (cheapy one though, but it handles exhaust piping!), the whole nine yards. It kinda rocks having an industrial millwright as a dad :wink:

damn, that is going to be the best X8 here when its finished!

wow good job! Can't wait to see her finished... You going to put your headlight washers back on? :wink:

well, i'm going with jzx81 front bumper, so i may use the headlight washer pump for an intercooler sprayer.. ?? :D

having acces to this hoist on weekends rocks, saves a lot of time, and makes me feel lazy.