Bill

I heart missile style

^^^ where did that guy go anyway? i want a goddamned update from him

blah blah blah blah updates:

stripped and cleaned the interior a bit more properly:

sept08_1.jpg

picked up a new motor for the cressida (not just yamaha heads, a whole yamaha motor! 50cc!!) just for getting my lazy ass to the house faster to look for food on weekends:

sept08_2.jpg

Puttin' on the shiny parts, ready to suck in some rocks:

sept08_3.jpg

Slowly putting it back together (yeah i didn't like the rad support, i made a new one):

sept08_4.jpg

Low as i can go with teins minus the helper springs. full thor clearance too, gonna need a little more fender too:

sept08_5.jpg

Should be ready for a really long summer next year:

sept08_6.jpg

Chilling in the shop, still needs some stuff and organizing the wiring:

sept08_7.jpg

wow that looks amazing. good job man. i need to bring back the thumbsup icons...

Should be ready for a really long summer next year:

does that mean youre moving south?

wow man.. that looks REALLLY nice..

where did you get that bumper??

inspiring me to get to business and rebuild my car!

wow looking really good. I think we all wish we had a decently sized shop like that to put a car in to work on.. well at least i do. keep up the great work.

thx guys. the bumper is a stage21 bumper. I'm going to make a mould and pop like 10 copies probably next year.

I think by then i'll probably be looking for more aero. like G says, you just can't get the car low enough to run without aero and make it look right really.

man i love those p1's. looking pimpy my friend

That front bumper looks really good withh the cressidaida lights and grill! Those wheels and ride height are very nice also!

the back end in the pic is nowhere near the final ride height either. once i put the doors on, the seats, the rad and hood the car should settle down even more. then with the new rear subframe, pull the rear helper springs, and adding 15mm spacers in the back, it'll be closer to completion.

car is gonna be asking for aero by the end of next summer i'm sure. dirty little whore! haha.

It's like they designed the rocker panels to be high away from boulders so you don't scratch them in the rock trails.. only they used that design theory on a passenger car. Somebody was smoken some good shit..

Very nice project.

quick update.

making love to the car.

installed the wilwood prop valve in the floor since i had to cut the brake line out to re-do the interior. i ran the line under the driver seat and popped a hole in the floor next to the shifter for just the knob and bolted it up under there since there's so much clearance there. then i finished the brake line to the back end with the subframe out.

removed the subframe bushings in the rear. welded in thick steel washers (both top and bottom), and welded steel plate/tabs onto the rear of the subframe for rear swaybar mounts (those sheet metal ones are weak!), then bolted the subframe to the car with 3/4" grade 8 bolts for the front two, and 5/8" grade 8 bolts for the rear two. makes the subframe sit almost a 1/2" higher against the frame, and the driveshaft still lines up fine.

The ATS 2 way is in. i love it when the car pops just from moving it around the shop floor. poppety pop pop.

thanks to ToyoDIY.com i wrote down all the part numbers of shit i need for the e-brake. ordered that stuff up at the stealer and waiting for a call. I'm not a big e-brake fan yet so i'm gonna just run the stock e-brake until i want a hydro.

finished everything under the hood.. except the intercooler piping, plumbed the wastegate, EVC4 solenoid, and got the HKS SSQV on (black SSQV's are gay. the finish is cheap shit, came off with tape when protecting in when trying to install the giant clip). and i can't find my waterpump to head gasket.. bah!!!! made some really cool intercooler mounts too.

made REALLY nice swaybar ends front and rear from a combo of QA1 ends, the swaybar ends that come with teins, and energy bushings), and installed the largus rear bar on the new subframe tabs.

fuel system is DONE! and really one of the best jobs i've done on the car, and 100% thee best fuel system i've ever seen. it's beautiful. ALLLLL new jeg's -06 AN system from the mouth of the walbro right through and back to the return hose. only sucks that i'm keeping the stock injectors for now. those and the fuel rail are the only stock parts of the fuel system.

now it's almost all wiring the dash up again. fun. and making the exhaust again.

looks like i won't have much time/money for a proper paint, so i'm probably going to run the thing looking kinda haggard, but fuck! i kinda like the idea.

nov08-1.jpg

nov08-2.jpg

nov08-3.jpg

nov08-4.jpg

made these for jason:

nov08-5.jpg

nov08-6.jpg

nov08-7.jpg

made this expansion tank from scratch using a jegs cap:

nov08-8.jpg

nov08-9.jpg

nov08-10.jpg

thanks guys.

here's the next fun:

wires.jpg

it's all marked and ready to get organized, it's just not the funnest thing to work on.

you can see the new position of the prop valve in the floor too.

oooooooooooohhhh sessyyyyyyy engine bay bill. hows that go? the dollars are in the details? yea...BLING!

breaking news.

a huge fucking hatredcopter crashed into my cressida. on a fucking boat with T-Pain.

looks like the idea is this now:

complete the car

tune the motor

track the car and work out the tune and any bugs at the track this year

next year put the motor in my IS300 and start over with the n/a 2J from the IS.

has more to do with me and the way i don't like spending money on stuff i can't use everyday, and i'm sick of this car being such a garage whore.

so essentially, no money is going into this anymore beyond whats needed to run. then the car is going to get abused. as long as i can afford to go to the track and pass inspection, it's pretty much going to be a missile car for now on. when i eventually put in the n/a 2j and a w box, it's pretty much going to be the gutted tin can of death until it dies.

that is all. i'm sure nobody cares.

with all the time and money into that car, I'd hate to see you trash it. It's a very nice car and i think you would feel differently about it when you were out at the track. If your gonna go that far into it, why don't you sell your Cress when it's done, after a season of driving it of course. Take that money and then buy a 2jzgte/R154 and put that into the IS and just do regular bolt ons to that to leave it a nice daily with extra power. Hope everything works out for ya.

no man, i said the car will get the n/a 2jz swapped into it and i'll run that setup and see how it goes when the time comes. i doubt anything will end this cressida as long as i keep it pointed in the right direction.