Bill

I heart missile style

nice drop! love those rear wheels too. fender work is super clean!

any more pics of the wheel fitment bill?

nice, bill! i love it. more pics and some video please.

Yeeeh,

I've been driving it around, fun fun fun. been bashing the exhaust on the bumpy roads we've got here. Lit up the tires at work for the guys. Lucky it rained on day 2 too. damn this thing is perfect so responsive and predictable. A lot louder than I expected, and having no defrost or fan really sucks, I gotta fix it.

I wish I had a full set of QF's but i've been having a hard time tracking a pair in 17x9j that are like +20 to +30. Its hard to get used (affordable) QF's let alone the grey ones. I just got a full set of R33 GTR's but they wont be here till the end of august maybe.

I'll get more pics and stuff when i can. I'm busy selling my other car, and doing stuff.

annoying stuff getting me down

my teflon coated stainless clutch line just exploded for no reason, just started leaking so that the clutch wouldn't return on the first pump, then it just let go the next day. yay cheapass ebay stainless ftl :x

Threw on the R33's with some burnable potenzas just for running around on the streets.

Car has been awesome, just amazing, solid, and just crazy perfect lately.

I know the offset and stance could be better, but lately I haven't been into fashion, just feel (and not banging on the ground :roll: :wink:)

sept907_5.jpg

sept907_4.jpg

sept907_3.jpg

sept907_2.jpg

sept907_1.jpg

hey bill i was thinking of using this stuff for the bumper trim after i painted

chrome_self_adhesive_trim.jpg

hah, no push, the plate just ends in 81, if i payed $350 for a custom plate i'd show it off.

brian, yeah, i was thinking about using that stuff but the way the plastic is formed doesn't really let it stay in there right. if you push it in, it doesn't look right. i dunno i'll keep you updated on what i find. the dealer wants $1400 for the trim on the doors alone, i don't want to even ask about new bumper trim.

Bill, I was curious ... the R33 GTRs are 17x9's w/30. (I know because I have a set I was planning on running.) Anyway, did you have to run spacers on the front to avoid hitting your coilovers? And do you think I could fit a Azenis 225/45/17 up there? Thanks in advance, Rob.

Bill, I was curious ... the R33 GTRs are 17x9's w/30. (I know because I have a set I was planning on running.) Anyway, did you have to run spacers on the front to avoid hitting your coilovers? And do you think I could fit a Azenis 225/45/17 up there? Thanks in advance, Rob.
my wheels are 17x9 +35 withh a 215/45/17 to clear the coil overs. I had a 225/45/17 on the same wheels and they were like 1mm (maybe a little more room) from hitting. You should be ok since your wheels are + 30 offset. If not, throw some 20mm bolt on spacers and roll the lip up a little. Plenty of room.

+30 9j is what i would call a nice street fit. those tires would work. i don't like going over 24.5" od on tires for cressida. but the 225/45 is about 24.8 so yeah they would be fine. i'm running 215/45's they're just an original set pulled from an IS300. 215's spin a little too easy on the back though.

Bill, your car has turned out very nicely!

I love the latest rim/tire setup you have! Nice stretch/fit for the Cressida for the streets!

this thread getting un-stickied pretty much sums up my thoughts on my car right now.

still needs lots of work and about 3 or 4 grand i don't have to finish it. i think it might just hold together for some more driving next year but the thing just seems to be acting like crap lately.

most of my money and time went into making the car street legal and insured *fail. I should have left it off the street and spent my money on the last few things it needs and get to the track instead.

stuff i still have to work out this winter:

- rear sus bolts and bushings are shot/rusted, 2 bolts are snapped off and welded when i attempted a camber adjust

- rear camber and toe is like 2 degrees different from side to side and causes the car to dog track under heavy brake/gas (no bigs, just worried about the bolts falling off mostly)

- rear hub carrier rear bushings are garbage and the toe / camber is a little loose, toyota wants like $300 each for those.

- driveshaft angle is bad, vibrates over 60mph (100km/h) and will probably blow up soon

- clutch likes to slip when its hot even though i adjusted it like 10000 times, but the clutch is 100% perfect when cold.. ?

- exhaust is kinda oily and burns kinda black on startup since driving it with questionably nasty stock twin replacement ct's, i think they're near-done, boost is weak and my shitty boost gauge doesn't really show more than 10-11 psi at best.

- the tach i bought from speedhut, i integrated into the stock cluster, is a piece of shit, it gets all lazy and jumps around sometimes, total junk.

now the car is buried under like 2 feet of snow and stuck hard, so :x

i'm pretty much set to just run the piss out of it on the track next year after getting the diff angle, diff, clutch, and turbo's sorted.

ive said it before and ill say it again...

2 words.

MOVE SOUTH

OK ppl. I am looking at an N/A 2JZ build right now. Cressida ver.2 :mrgreen:

I've been working this out all weekend and it's got me excited for who knows what reason.

looks like 2JZ, 12:1, headers, GTE manifold, maybe AEM EMS, cams/springs/retainers if i can afford them, a little head/valve work. get whatever power i can, 250-280, not sure.

Why? because I want to.

well, i worked it out. it's not worth it. the 2JZGE is nice but for what it'll cost me to make it the way i want it, i'll be better off trying to find better ct12's for the 1J.

just go small single! if your worried about response.

i can't afford to do it right, not now anyway. so i'd rather sell my 1J's and turbo stuff, and go 1UZ/R154 with an EMS. it will cost less than all the 1J stuff i have is worth. plus there's another 1K in stuff i have to do to the rest of the car anyway.

i mean, my ct12's are holding for now, and might hold for years.. but if they start dumping at the beginning of the summer, i'll have to park the thing again and wait for more turbos. in canada we only get a few months of decent weather, so when your car fails in may, you're screwed unless you have assloads of money for customs and fast shipping if you can even find what you need.

I guess what i'm saying is, i really need to simplify my car, and make it solid for track days. having the 1J where i live is going to be too costly to support.

i mean, my ct12's are holding for now, and might hold for years.. but if they start dumping at the beginning of the summer, i'll have to park the thing again and wait for more turbos. in canada we only get a few months of decent weather, so when your car fails in may, you're screwed unless you have assloads of money for customs and fast shipping if you can even find what you need.

I guess what i'm saying is, i really need to simplify my car, and make it solid for track days. having the 1J where i live is going to be too costly to support.

LS1. reliable 400whp done and done. nascar parts out the ass. be the first known LS powered cress. not to mention all the other side benefits of a compact lightweight V8.

dood, i would be able to go single with the 1J and put in a decent ems before i could afford an LS1 setup with a decent tranny and everything else.

would be neat, but no.

turbo mani $180 all day long

Small t3 maybe .57 trim like $300

Nice wastegate $200

Downpipe materials maybe $100

And thats tooo much?