snacks

tein ha dampers that won't go lower

no front bumper

defi/spa bargain basement gauges

1/2 empty bottle of crown royal

lots of 17x9

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ the original post : ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

june25_05_1jz.jpg

this motor is so clean, I was tempted to eat off of it.

30K mile'95 JZA70 M/T 1J, harness, ECU and intercooler. mounts on the way, sump in the mail. no dp, broken boost sensor, but came with a nice little BOV that'll probably work fine. FAL fans and walbro also in the mail.

Picked it up this morning from sunrise-japanese in quebec, on the way back from montreal I stopped for gas and attracted a small crowd, couple of ricers drooling on it but they didn't have a clue what it was. I just said it's a twin-turbo supra motor and they almost shit themselves :lol: don't know if a 7M could do that :wink:

I'm going to be doing this swap and updating my progress as I go so it'll be like a little JZX83 how-to guide when I'm done.

is this going in the white or blue one? that is SUPER clean btw...

the white MX83 I picked up in niagra falls. That car is actually really nice underneath, and the kms are closer to 150K. It doesn't matter tho, the car is going to be driven hard at the track. Going to do a full body job lots of sandblasting and total repainting, I'm thinking red.

Already got the A/C compressor off. most of the dash is going to be gutted where possible, and the interior is going to be pretty lean.

basically #1 priority is track reliability/function and being able to use it to get to work in the summer will be a bonus. my silver BHG bomb MX83 will stay stock and will serve as my winter transpo when the white stuff drops.

hey tell me what belt you plan on using withh the elimination of the a/c. i want to pull mine but i don't want to make a custom pulley.

kingcobra; yes, the jzs147/jzx90/jzx81 (I don't know what it came from) sump is in the mail, got it from japanese parts depot.

brian; I hava a multirib belt measuring tool, the stock belt is 1950mm. I used a piece of wire on the pulleys without the a/c to simulate where the non-A/C belt will go, then pulled the tentioner back to get the right length, it was 1850mm. I'm going to try and order that belt on monday. The PS pump sits just fine with the supporting bracket bar behind and it's original bracket. just have to take the entire AC comp. off and take out the stud in the block next to the 1JZ letters.

I also am going to have to eliminate the fluid powered fan pump. I have the resivoir and lines, but no fan, and I've already ordered dual FAL fans. It'll probably be fine left alone, not sure wtf to do with it yet.

I'm wondering if the factory boost sensor is ok to use if I do eventually raise the boost later? I'm going to have to replace it or fix it, and I wanna make sure I don't need a different one later.

wow, this is panning out quicker than I thought.

Best of luck Bill, I gotta see this one in person sometime.

For the water pump, you use a 2JZ-GTE water pump, water pump housing, and pulley from a MKIV Supra. Bolts on, eliminates the hydro shit completely. USE ALL TOYOTA OEM parts for this!

Thanks for the measurements on the belt. I will have to start looking for one.

For the boost sensor (MAP); from what I read the stock one reads upto 1 bar. The MKIV reads to 2 or 3. You can't run an upgraded MAP sensor withh the stock ECU unless you have something to correct for it (SAFC, etc). But I wouldn't worry about getting an upgraded MAP until you go withh new engine management.

I'm just going to plastic glue the tube back on and see what happens for now. I'm guessing a PFC F-CON would work with an upgraded boost sensor right? not sure.

What happens if it drain the fan pump and block it off?? I like the 2JZ water pump idea, but right now I'd rather block it if it's going to work ok.

7M is out band.gif

now I'm ripping out the AC lines, condensor, whatever I don't like, I just yank it. and I'm gonna prep the connections/wiring. maybe do a body job now since the weather is nice BUT!!!!!!!!

I NEEEEEED bumpers first!!. my rear bumper turned to mush and is falling off, and the front (don't have to explain, picnic table stylez :lol: ) plus I want to shed some weight off the car wherever possible.

I need some complete mark II bumpers pronto!!! I'd like to get them shipped japan->canada but pretty much every f-ing importer in canada can't seem to request parts or they want way WAY more than the stuff is worth.

any ideas? I might try cannonball-r just for fun, I'll see what happens.

oh and my shifter is fubar. I guess the JZA70 owner traded with someone else before he sold his car, I thought something was wrong right away when I played with it, super sloppy. I took the rubber boot off, and the bolts are all worn and none are the same, and the ball looks like a total mess. guess this calls for a short shifter replacment, but it's not in the budget right now, so I'll just keep an eye out for a good one and use this until the car is actually running.

"do it right or do it again"

i'd put the money into a proper 2jz water pump now. the 1jz hydro has plastic fins...

it will be one less thing on your mind when you are tearing it up on the track.

holy shitake!! plastic, ouch!

i think the P/N is: 16100-49845

I'll try the dealer on thursday, see what they can do.

you need the pump, housing and pulley all from the 2jz-gte. nothing from the 1jz and 2jz in regards to water pump is interchangable.

just learned that about the time you posted it.

pulley #: 16371-46020

housing #: 16210-46030

and I just found an AC Delco P/N for the pump if the dealer tries to rape me.

AC Delco #:252551

but I'd MUCH rather go Toyota if it's not deadly expensive.

feisar I just purchase the watar pump housing this past week from the dealership for my 2jz swap. I order just the water pump housing from the dealership because I already had new water pump from Advance auto parts. When I went to pick up the part I notice the box was kind of heavy for a water pump housing. I open the box I had a brand new waterpump bolted to the water pumping housing:) The waterpump housing cost me $141.00 withh a free waterpump I guess. I took back my other cheezy waterpump to advance auto parts. The box lists it as an assembly. The p/n is 16100-49846. I am using unthordox racing pulley.

lol, thanks oreo, you rock, save me some money thanks! hope I get what I order!!

ok well here is the issue withh that. toyota in all thier wisdom, changed the water pump design in 2000. Yes, COMPLETELY different both the housing and pump. So if you get the housing from the dealer, you have to make sure the ac delco model is post 2000 redesign. (i made this mistake.)

also, toyota (atleast in america) sells the housing and water pump withh gasket for a combo price. It was $120 IIRC. If you buy the housing and pump seperate, they are $100 each.

well I've just got my fingers crossed because I'm in canada, and we didn't get the TT so my dealer will probably be a prick and tell me he can't get it, or tell me he doesn't know wtf the PN# I gave him is... so wish me luck. He'll probably try to convince me I have a 2JZ-GE "in my car" and will demand me to tell him what I drive, and not have a damn clue when I say it's a 1JZ... :roll: like I said.. wish me luck, this is going to be fun...

We got the TT here. . you should get a greddy pulley kit. .. :lol: the last price i got from the dealer was for a waterpump. . pretty sure it was complete (housing everything ) hookup price was like $120 or sum shit. .

they told me $151CDN for the housing/pump and $158 for the pulley! aftermarket pulley has got to be the better option!! either that or get one used.

didn't they stop making 2jz-gte in late 1998 here in america? So anything else after 2000 would have vvl-ti and would be non turbo anyways. A non-turbo water pump housing is not going to work I have already been done that road. My waterpump is made by AISIN along withh half the other parts on my engine. My aftermarket pulley only cost me $40 bucks.

BILL

ebay pulley kit. $38 USD shipped.

the waterpump and alt pulleys are usually true. the PS pulley sometimes comes thru out of true with a little wobble.

a far cry from the $400 UR kit.

i dont even wanna know what the greddy pulley kit is.

didn't they stop making 2jz-gte in late 1998 here in america? So anything else after 2000 would have vvl-ti and would be non turbo anyways. A non-turbo water pump housing is not going to work I have already been done that road. My waterpump is made by AISIN along withh half the other parts on my engine. My aftermarket pulley only cost me $40 bucks.

no, toyota redesigned the 2JZ-GTE water pump in 2000 as part of a recall. so yes eventhough the last 2JZ-GTE was sold in 1998 in America, they changed the part design in 2000. Thats why its only $120 and comes as a package deal when you order a new water pump.

and i think i got you all beat, $20 for my Toyota OEM pulley. 8)