theianmonster

Full Track X7! Boo-Yah!

I believe mine was produced in August of 85, not sure if that constitues an 85 or an 86, but if you think the trim might fit I'll send it to you.

Looks kinda weird withh stock wheels in the unradiused rear fenders, but the classic lines are still there.

The more you think about NA 2J, the more sense a 1UZ makes. Trust me. ;)

85-86 = same trim. If you have an 85, you have the orange turn signal on top and red brake lights on bottom, no chrome on the top of the headlight assembly and silver, not gray, HVAC buttons. 87-88 has chrome in the side molding.

Well, got the 7MGE from Matt a few days ago. Doesn't need much, going to go ahead and put a metal head gasket in while the motor is out. Change the rear main, new valve cover gaskets, and re-seal the pan.

Just piecing together the five speed swap now, I need this car on the road.

My '93 Protege is dying. Fast.

- Ian.

Okay, so I went nuts and just bought a whole bunch of shit for the car.

Oh, and my friend Angela is picking up a W58 for me tonight if all goes well.

Just ordered...

- OEM Clutch

- Cometic 1.32 Metal Headgasket

- Valve Cover Gaskets

- Oil Pan Gasket

- Rear Main Seal

- MKIII Clutch Pedal

- MKIII Clutch Master

Then Wieder gave me a clutch slave, and Mark has the MKIII front half for my driveshaft.

Including the cost of the car, and Matt's 7MGE (withh 10K on it), I've only spent $700.

I love budget builds!

The X7 front shaft should be the same as a Mk III front half. I ended up not using the Mk III front half I have because the OEM auto front half actually fit nicer into the W. Once again, the "Toyota Way" saves the day...

I realized that I made a mistake when talking about my side moulding - my car was built in August of 86, not 85, making me unsure of whether it was trimmed as an 86 or an 87. I do have a small (perhaps 1/8" wide) band of chrome in my side moldings, but they look to be the same as yours judging from the pics you posted.

How about I pull them and send you what you're missing and if they don't fit you can throw them away for me?

I hate this fucking car. :evil:

Everything keeps going wrong. Drive shaft issues are happening now.

This car needs to be done in the next three or so days.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

What do you mean bolts right in? My car was an auto, the holes are there? (I haven't torn the carpet down yet).

I asked my buddy if he had an RA pedal, but no word yet.

IF ANYBODY CAN HELP ME ON THIS ISSUE LET ME KNOW:

I am swapping a 7MGE (10k on a rebuild, HKS metal head gasket, new intake manifold gaskets, rear main seal, valve cover gaskets, and oil pan gasket) that is mated up to a MKIII Supra W58. Came out of Matt's car.

I already have the 7M bolted into the car, as well as the transmission. I had to modify the transmission cross member to work, but that is all taken care of and finally into the car.

I am having drive shaft issues. I have the MX73 rear half bolted to the differential, no issues there. I was originally going to use the MX73 front half, as it slides directly into the W58, but of course, its about six inches too short. I decided to use a MKIII front half I had laying around and its the correct length.

PROBLEM! The holes don't line up to bolt the center section together, as well as the center bearing is too far back for the center bearing cross member.

I am thinking about swapping faces withh the MX73 front half, but am not sure if this is going to work.

Bring it to a driveshaft shop. You can either get an extension on the OEM driveshaft or have them see if they can swap the U-joint flanges. Either way it ought to be no more than $50

What do you mean bolts right in? My car was an auto, the holes are there? (I haven't torn the carpet down yet).

yeah all mx73s have the mounting holes for the clutch pedal.

i got my pedals out of an MKII and it fit fine.

the brake was a different story

yeah, even the mx83 has 5-speed clutch master holes in the firewall.. how many LHD X8's even came with a manual trans from the factory anywhere in the world??

if you can't work out any safe, usable solution, driveshaftshop.com will make you a 1 piece that you will love, but it will be like $200+ http://www.driveshaftshop.com/toyota.ivnu these guys are very helpful on the phone too.

I am thinking about swapping faces withh the MX73 front half, but am not sure if this is going to work.
It'll work. It's been done before.

yeah, even the mx83 has 5-speed clutch master holes in the firewall.. how many LHD X8's even came withh a manual trans from the factory anywhere in the world??
8 of every 10 RX83s I counted in the Middle East were 5spd.

MX83s withh the 7M in the middle east only have A/T. 5MX83s have optional 5spds though.

It'll work. It's been done before.

yeah, even the mx83 has 5-speed clutch master holes in the firewall.. how many LHD X8's even came withh a manual trans from the factory anywhere in the world??
8 of every 10 RX83s I counted in the Middle East were 5spd.

MX83s withh the 7M in the middle east only have A/T. 5MX83s have optional 5spds though.

5MX83?? or 5 MX83

Ian get this shit done.

5m mx83 vs 7m mx83. apparently the 5m was an optional motor in the x8 with an optional 5mt?

5m mx83 vs 7m mx83. apparently the 5m was an optional motor in the x8 withh an optional 5mt?
o. i see. effin toyota crazyness.