Gseventythree

Okay. .. ill join too.

you fear the bosozoku...............

To each his own.... I just think it would look awesome.

you should do it to your mazda.

wip out some mad photoshop skills to show me what it would look like. Youve got me thinking.

In all seriousness I would never do that to my car, unless I had an old X7. Given the lack of aero available, thats the main reason I like the extended hoods. Either that or a MKII front, makes the USDM front look like poo. Too bad they arent the same body (lines don't match up).

Got some new pics of my shifter setup. . shortened the housing about 3 inches. and re-engineered the shift mechanism. .its DIRECT as fuck now. . no more slop. . if you have ever driven or shifted a TT Supra vs a new 350 Z the supra feels like shit. . the 350 is nice and direct. . well this feels like that but the race version. . very mechanical and short. cant wait to try it.

for reference here is the BEFORE

getraggaresized0iu8dl.jpg

r154vsv1602resized3pi8rv.jpg

AFTER. .

picture0246dn.jpg

picture0126hd.jpg

picture0135bc.jpg

picture0147dx.jpg

picture0162ch.jpg

werd

I fabbed it all up and my guy welded it. . He is a certified aircraft/helicopter welder, and along withh my aero/heli mastermind machinist. . I can make pretty much anything, or get anything made. . came out pretty good . i jsut dont like how my welder sands EVERYTHING before he welds it. .It's perfect that way (no impurities) but it looks like ass after, and if i want it to look good, I have to spend a lot of time refinishing it..

I fabbed it all up and my guy welded it. . He is a certified aircraft/helicopter welder, and along withh my aero/heli mastermind machinist. . I can make pretty much anything, or get anything made. . came out pretty good . i jsut dont like how my welder sands EVERYTHING before he welds it. .It's perfect that way (no impurities) but it looks like ass after, and if i want it to look good, I have to spend a lot of time refinishing it..
yeah well, no need to be shinny, no one will see it once its in the car ;)

I have a fucking boner right now. That is just perfect!

Sooo. . its been a while since i've posted anything on here bout my ride.. .and i cant stand checking this site everyday and there is NOTHING going on. . been a long journey. . struggling to make enough $$$$$ to finish it to a point that it will not be a half assed beater withh 350 hp... For those who dont know what my car is. . MX73 withh 1JZ and GETRAG FULL JZX90 wiring and electronics.. Current status is. .

FRONT SUSP.

5 bolt all done used COMPLETE MX83 suspension. . made heim jointed LCA's. for the fuck of it.. Gonna prolly run all JIC front shit. .(Tension Rods/Inner Tie rods). . Front of the car is sitting on rear turbo Z rims (16x8.5+30) withh a 25 mm spacer on it and a 195/50-16 tire. . clears rolled stock fenders withh no camber..

WELD ON THREADED STRUT TUBES are getting made as we speak and i WILL be offering them for sale for all you DIY guys. .These are basically Fancy Threaded tubes that accept all current FULL HEIGHT adjustable coilovers, so we can take advantage of all the new cheap/good S13 shit out there (STANCE :wink: ). . The BOTTOM of the tube will be a press fit ONTO your existing CUT strut tube which you then WELD around the bottom of the tube to the knuckle. . These will be available withh different ID's so they are universal to ANY welded strut car ( AE86/Z31/MX73/MX83) Since nobody makes decent coilovers, and when they do they are OUTRAGEOUSLY priced due to the core charge of the stock knuckle, you now have options. . . .I will simply be redrilling my car to accept the rotated orientation of the S13 camber plate. ( the bolt pattern is the same). . The added advantage of redrilling is the ability to use a modified S13/14 etc. STRUT TOWER BAR if so desired. .

Im also getting 50mm RCA's made due to the extremely low ride height im going for. . These will also be for sale. .(CNC machined)

REAR SUSPENSION.

Getting SOLID ALUMINUM SUBFRAME MOUNTS made (CNC machined) Another thing getting made by demand and lack of support. . These will prolly be loud as FUCK (diff noise etc) but whoever is gonna buy these will have to be no pussy.. They will fit MKII supras as well. . This will ensure the sloppy stock subframe bushings will have NO more part in the handling ( or lack thereof ) of my car.

My diff is WELDED

I have a rear camber solution but I will not be able to execute it for some time due to the cost involved. .. If you have an MX73 or MKII supra you've prolly seen the slotted outer LCA mount as a camber solution. . cheap? yes .. works? yes. but PROPER?. . ummmm. NO. . withh the slotted toe adjust on the inner pivot. .(in and out slot) And the slotted camber adjust on the outer pivot ( up and down slot). . once you have these slots all dialled in.. you now have two COMLETELY differnt LCA arcs. .which also now have two completely different CAMBER and TOE curves. . MMmmmm good for predictable handling. .

My Camber/Toe solution will not affect the arc of the LCA in any way.. due to the adjustment being ON THE ARM ITSELF. . It will be completely Heim jointed as well. . Very similar to BMW E30 race cars back in the day. . This will most likely NOT be for sale, mainly due to the fact that the MX73 is not that popular and people that do modify them will most likely NOT be spending over $400 for ONE LCA. .( Kinda funny when one arm for only CAMBER adjust on an S13/14 is like around $300 for a decent one. .)

REAR S13 COILOVER ADAPTORS are getting made as well. . and will be for sale.. you guys are gonna love these. . They might even work for AE's :D and prolly a kit to strengthen the stock mount on the LCA. .

5 BOLT REAR STUB AXLES ARE DONE. . will post pics soon. . These are simply plug welded then redrilled stock ones. . THESE ARE FOR SALE $150 per side PLUS a CORE set . . FUCK trying to find MS13x stubs and shit. . or buying them from New fuckin Zealand or australia for $500PLUS SHIPPING. .These are as strong as stock and this is a COMMON modification in the 4x4 industry . ..The brake rotors will also be redrilled to 5 bolt (duh)

withh both of these 5 bolt mods on the car the choices for wheels is greater as there are many, many aftermarket suppliers offering low offset wide wheels . . I personally am gonna run the URAS NS-01's in 17x9.5+15 for the rear and prolly 17x9+15 for the front. . OR the CST ZERO1 in the same sizes. . These rims are all under $200 each. .

NOW what you CAN fit. . i've tried a 10.5J+4 and it just hit the STOCK fender lip. so an 11J-15 withh a 245/35 is prolly PERFECT for stock modified fenders. . front I wanted to run 10's so for a 10J on a coilover. . ummm. . maybe a 10J-10 lots of camber and a 225/35 on it. .. . thats later on though. .I just need to get my car ready for competition. . :wink:

Now for the coooool part.. It just so happens that I am stripping a COMPLETE JZX90 in my driveway. . so i now have the COMPLETE car wiring. .and will be updating my car accordingly. . window swithches/motors/turn signal stalk/wiperswithch/HVAC etc.. are all JZX90/MX83 (same stuff) and i MIGHT be able to swing my buddies JZX100 OPTITRON gauge cluster as well. . hahah sweeet. .

Old skool soul. . New skool guts.. .werd..

Hope you enjoyed reading that VERY lengthy post, pics coming soon. .

G.

thought id post some pics of the temp front setup. . for ideas etc.. like i said in the previous post. . the tire/wheel setup is 16x8.5+35 withh a 25mm spacer so effectively 16x8.5+10 and a 195/50 16 sp 5000. . this setup is purely for mockup. . still lots of room for bigger/wider tires. .

This is on the bumpstop cut in half. . still needs a bit more height reduction. . . the coilovers will solve that and RCA's as the tension rods are bottomed on the framerail. .

keepnewshit180yr1.jpg

keepnewshit181no5.jpg

keepnewshit182sb8.jpg

keepnewshit183ok1.jpg

keepnewshit184iv5.jpg

keepnewshitap5.jpg

G.

Just gonna post up some more pics that i found. .

my mounts.. and my diff ..

enjoy. .

mount2sx5.jpg

Side

mount10ph2.jpg

3/4 view

mount8hh5.jpg

Dont mind the slag..It all got removed AFTER the pics were taken. .duh. .

diff2ss1.jpg

diff3ie5.jpg

G.

i have never seen pictures of a welded diff before. crazy.

god damn man, thats soooo bad ass. im really intrested in the rear s13 coilover adapters. looking awesome man, goood jeorb!

Soo Guys. Its coming together finally. . I got my suspension on the car.. and got it on the ground withhmy 5 bolt and New rims.. 17x9+ 14/18. . Sits pretty nice.. withh another 3 inches of travel at this height. . Also enclosed are the pics of my Other various suspension parts.. My Solid Subframe bushings, My adjustable Front LCA's, My coilover adaptors for the rear, And ill take more pics of the setup when i can push it outside. for now you get teaser pics of the height and fitment. . I had a 25mm spacer on hte back to flush out the rims.. but then i was like.. shit it sits too high... and i dumped it another inch and a half withhout the spacer. . WICKED and thats how its gonna sit. . id rather have Extreme lowness over flushness ( cuz the X7 on 17's withh fluch rim to fenderness is jsut too high). .But pulled the rear fenders anyways to match the fronts.. cuz Stock the front fenders flare out more aggressively than the rears.. so i just matched them and i got do that anyways for when i get the wider rear lips. . They are kinda rough right now.. but they'll get fixed up real quick. .

These are most of the solid Sub Bushings.. Ill be making these. .(for MX83 as well)

keep019te6.jpg

These are the diff upper mount ones

keep077yb0.jpg

keep079mu1.jpg

This is how they fit on the front part of the sub.. If you've had the sub off before you know that there is like an inch (actually 20mm) of clearance between the body and the top of the sub. .These TAKE OUT 10 mm and RAISE UP THE SUBFRAME closer to the body, so it actually corrects camber a little bit. . not sure how much thouhg. . will have to do some measurements. .. . (which personally i think suxx cuz i cant get my rims to sit nice withh the 25mm spacer. lol) I noticed that at full tire tuck on the 17's. . there is signifiacantly less camber than my Blue car. . (same ride height or lower)

keep020ic9.jpg

Here is the sub form the top withh the bushings

keep022ph8.jpg

And withh the coilovers attached, you can see the Weld on spring perches on top of the springs.

keep023tz2.jpg

Side pic showing the 5 bolt as well. .

keep024ly5.jpg

Here you get a little glimpse of how the weld on perches attach to the car, the undercoating is scraped away where the perch is sitting . .( Ill have a more in-depth install of these later)

keep028sh0.jpg

The completed front coilovers. .

keep029he4.jpg

Continued next.

so how much?

also withh all this rigidity, were would a good spot be to strengthen the chassis, i figure 20 year old car could use some braces or something.

i figured i would get some cross bars welded under the chassis to strengthen it, but where??? i don't know

The completed adjustable front LCA's

keep039vp3.jpg

Sneak peek of the special* rear height. .

keep042zc0.jpg

K this is the INTALLED HEIGHT of the front coilovers. . The case is all the way down, but this has FULL (3-4inches) travel. . at full droop on this setting the wheel only has like 3/4inch gap . .

keep045yf7.jpg

An overall teaser pic of the height. .(cant get it out of the shop right now. . too much shit in the way. .

keep047dm9.jpg

More pics later. .

G.

Price is being determined right now. . Due to the differences between coilover manufacturers etc.. im trying to find a general solution to making quantity orders to my machinist. .

If you ask how much i have in this setup. . its proly around $600 not including the coilovers

G.