Gseventythree

Okay. .. ill join too.

I WILL FLY TO CANADA JUST TO SHAKE YOUR HAND! that is awesome!!!!!!

very cool project! any new pics?

did you really have to cut out the tunnel or do you think that some creative bashing would have worked? or did you cut it for more ground clearance?

do you think the shifter will be too far back?

what rear gear ratio are you going to use?

what about a driveshaft? got any ideas?

im thinking of tackling a similar project for a customer of mine. im just not sure how much work it will be for a 6speed. im glad i found your post

SOOOOOOOOoooo... update.. this is what the fuckin fuss is about. .driveshaft shmriveshaft. .. fuck. so the story goes like this.. I take my shit to my driveline guy ( flanges off diff/tranny and the length between the two) and im like yo make me a shaft withh a slip in it.. as always, hes like no prob man. .. (.. hes make all my driveshafts, shop and personal) Well.. so he looks at the flanges.. "whats this off of, its pretty big. .. .?.. im like "supra six speed, and the rear is cressida/old supra" . . hes like " hmmm that pretty small.." (diff flange). . looking . . . test fitting yoke after yoke. . looking in the book. . " damn.. thats bigger than land cruiser. . ". .im like "ya it takes over 1000hp . . ". . "fuck that rear one is too small. .". . .to make a long story short. . i ended up using a lengthened toyota 4X4 shaft. .. (cuz it has the slip IN the shaft). . withh replaceable u-joints (same size front and rear). . and two custom machined adaptors made of 1/2 inch thick steel. . to adapt the many different sizes to each other. . and a bunch of GRADE 8 hardeware.. FINAL PRICE. .shaft $400 adaptors $100

Here are the pics..

The adaptors. ..

Side View

adaptorssideviewht6.jpg

Top view

adaptorstopmq1.jpg

The bolts. . Grade 8. .

grade8shitqc7.jpg

Massive size difference between front and rear flanges. .. The fucking output shaft on the V160 is HUGE. .really huge.. .

v160vscressidadiffflangaq1.jpg

All parts together. ..

flangesandadaptorsec9.jpg

Cressida diff flange-adaptor-driveshaft. ..

cressdiffflangeandadaptor6.jpg

Supra Six Speed (v160)-adaptor-driveshaft

v160andadaptorot1.jpg

Closeup of the slip joint.. FUCKING TRUCK PARTS ARE HEAVY. . ..

slipjointqo1.jpg

another. . .

driveshaftbarepn4.jpg

and .. another.. assembled. .

allassembleddd6.jpg

Conclusion.. im gonna get these adaptors remade outta 7000AL next time. . to save the weight. . (this setup is pretty heavy) BUT the good thing is . . this setup apparently is good for 600hp drag launches no prob. . . so a twin plate and lots of clutch kicks should be right in its ball park :wink: . . Im gonna TRY to break this thing. . hahah .

werd.. . till next time.. :D

thats nice

driveshaftshop.com is making me one like that for my supra as we speak.

the local driveline shop around here are dickheads trying to tell me there is no way to make a driveshaft like that.

werd.. i wanted to contact DSS and make one outta aluminum.. but i was tight on cash. .. it prolly woulda been another like $300 or so. . Im kinda dissapointed cuz this setup is pretty heavy. . but its fuckin bombproof.. .I hope.. hahah

got a new rad today. . aluminum.. some kinda circle track rad.. universal. . ill post pics later.. gotta see if itll work for me. . it was cheap as hell. .

i

project #837:

Nissan S13 $350

SSR Hiro $250

Z32 MAF $freefiddyfree

SAFC1 $straight trade for P72 ecu

Tein HE $700

Al subframe bushes $60

KA24DE with turbo mani $300

just for reference

i

project #837:

Nissan S13 $350

SSR Hiro $250

Z32 MAF $freefiddyfree

SAFC1 $straight trade for P72 ecu

Tein HE $700

Al subframe bushes $60

KA24DE withh turbo mani $300

just for reference

i'm confused as well, what was that all about?

It was in reference to G73's " it was cheap as hell. ."

K i still dont get it. . all i was sayin was. . . like the rad was quite a bit cheaper than a Koyo/BeCool/Griffin/etc.. name brand aluminum rads..

Got a cheap as hell GT-R style intercooler. . like $230 Us. . i dont really wanna run it but i cant afford a better one right now. .

thoght i would adress the problem of the shifter being too far back today. . also the fact that the V160 shifter assembly has WAY too much slop. .

some pics.

resimg08062ln.jpg

resimg08056eo.jpg

resimg08071mt.jpg

resimg08098js.jpg

resimg08085pi.jpg

BUT the good thing is . . this setup apparently is good for 600hp drag launches no prob. . . so a twin plate and lots of clutch kicks should be right in its ball park :wink: . . Im gonna TRY to break this thing. . hahah

Your diff will give way long before you get through many clutch kicks :P

Remember what we were talking about for a long time.. the 8 inch diff in an X71. . well this is it.. Check the 6 bolt axles. (dunno where to get those).. .Now only to save more fuckin money. . Its like $700 withh a STOCK LSD. .good thing is.. Used aftermarket LSD's are plentiful and cheap for this diff..

GX71TT8inch.jpg

GX71TT8inch2.jpg

here is ours for reference..

GX715MT.jpg

if the 6bolt shaft is the wrong length, i guess it would be worth a shot to take a 6bolt inner and a x7 shaft and try to mate them.

that would work 'cept i've never seen the 6 bolt shafts anywhere. . . . mind you ive read somewhere that the flange is the same as a previa 4WD front axles..

what's the difference between those and the MA70 or MX83 6-bolts? is there an off chance you can use those?

Couple of things

A) I brought this to your attention 2 months ago here

http://jzxproject.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=217&start=15

But you never saw it.

B) That 'other' diff you've shown, is a T series, not an F series

http://conceptual.net.au/~peewee/diff/T_vs_F_1.jpg

(F series on the right)

Whether the G diff will bolt straight to the MX73 underpan, I don't know.

I saw one on yahoo auctions, but it would have cost well over $1000AUD by the time it was at my door, and then I'd still be left withh an old clutch LSD that needs rebuilding.

It looks similar enough that maybe just some redrilling and hammering should get it in there.

And yes, MX83's use 6bolt halfshafts.