Gseventythree

Okay. .. ill join too.

INTRO. . . Im G and I have Two seventythree's. . one is a daily 5M stock mint. . the other is in progress. .Suspension on the grey car is undisclosed. . The blue car is chopped springs. . Engine as you can see is a 1JZ-GTE out of a JZX90 MarkII. it has 73,000 KM's on it. (coincidence?)Its AT at the moment. .I have the R154 tranny and pedals n'shit but no bellhousing as of yet so. .

Me and my ride. .

thastanceresized8lg.jpg

Wettshot

sexxxysideresized5bl.jpg

Twohoes

myhoesresized8oy.jpg

Daily driver int. .

cabindailyresized4zn.jpg

The engine bay. .

fronthoodlessresized8dq.jpg

The complete JZX90 front clip wiring is being used. . . As you can see this is quite a bit of work. . :wink: This will clean up the engine bay significantly. . The engine wiring is as you see it. . there are no wires in the engine bay.. .'cept the JZX90 fusebox and ignitor shit. . I will also use all of the dash wiring, including the gauges and Electronic climate controls. .( no more vacuum actuation crap) This will be later though, as the car can drive withh no heater. .. hahah

Dont it look like fun ?!

hellresized9gk.jpg

hell1resized5cw.jpg

I dont post much. . but im on here. werd. . .

8) good work, that's gonna be hott when it's done.

Guest Push

both of your cars are just hott! I really love the drop on the silver one.

last pic.... oh man what a jungle. there are definitely some hot cars on this forum! good luck withh the cars

btw, what seats are those?

The seats are some old recaros out of (supposedly) a DA6 XSi . . But all the JDM DA's i've see dont have these seats. .. But yeah they have adjustable side bolstering and lumbar.. .

yes.

what x-member did you use for the 1jz?

those seats are definitely gnarly, i been eyeing A70 seats to fit for the driver side, but haven't bothered to sit in them when i saw them nor do i know how they fit up..

and yes, do keep us posted on the swap :)

Stock crossmember.. im makin mounts for it today. . Since this is semi temporary im thinkin i may just make solid mounts.. cuz of where the stock JZX90 Aluminum mounts sit in relation to the MX73 xmember. .They are pretty much right on top but angled way off. . so a lil bit of angle cut tubing and some plate.. . :wink: Im pretty sure even if i had the MX83 Xmember. . id still have to make mounts(cuz i aint buying new stock ones). from what ive seen the MX83 member still has some angle to it. . the JZX90 mounts are perfectly level. .and set directly on the bottom of the xmember. . like. . there is no receiving plate. .( the mount is a liquid filled hunk of garbage withh one stud on each the top and bottom.)

A buddy of mine ( http://www.bicperformance.com http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=276870 )

Makes mounts for early MA70 Xmember to 1JZ and i tried them out. . turns out that the supras use different holes on the block for eng mounts than the sedans(chasers/markII's/crestas) .. (his mounts didnt fit. .)so i gotta make some mounts. .

lil bit of an update.. . Started up the 1J in my car today. .(4 AM) hahah open DP . . of course. . sounds fuckin dope. . of course. . .healthy. . of course (73000kms. .) AT. . gay.. . im actually kinda excited to run it AT for a lil while.. . still gotta try my '87 driveshaft to see if it bolts up.. . surprisingly. . the tranny bolts into the MX73 .and my R154 driveshaft slides right in..but the lenth is obviously wrong. . . i ended up makin mounts outta urethane.. they're pretty dope.. .all of them .. tranny included.. i dun have pics right now. . but will soon. .. im just too fuckin lazy to take pics all the time. . (good thing i spent $500 on a new baller camera.. !!) but ya... spent most of the day doing wiring. . The ignition is done now.. (the key ACTUALLY starts the 1J. ) ahah and was tracing out all my turnsignal/lights/wiper controls. . GOOD thing my JZX90 front clip had a fuckin Steering column. . :roll: so just incorporating the MX73 turnsignal stalk to the JZX90 dash wiring.. . gonna move/mount the cluster to the left side tomm. . or maybe the weekend.. I've kinda put this into ghettoprojektgetitdoneanddriveit mode. . cuz my beloved blue car's head gasket has decided to eat shit and DIE. . . so now im drivin it withh no thermostat and open rad cap. . :lol: phillipines style. .. fuckin thing overheats in like 10 blocks.. hahahahh . . SO yeah.. Ciao for now. . ill post pics soon..

nice. 1jz sound mean as shit withh open dp, just the perfect note.

can't wait to see new pics. :P

Guest Push
another update. . fuck all you R154'ers and W58'ers. .I got the dream shit. .

getrag?

posting sum NEW SHIT. . ..

We all want it. .

:lol:

gotsixresized2ih.jpg

R154 VS V160 differences. . .

r154vsv1602resized3pi.jpg

Note the bolt on style driveshaft flange. . ..One piece driveshaft MX73 anyone ? :wink:

r154vsv160resized1ar.jpg

check the shifter position. . . .

longandlongerresized3zy.jpg

I knew it wasn't gonna fit proper so. .

rogerthesurgeonresized1vp.jpg

JZX90 sans tranny tunnel

whattunnelresized7mr.jpg

side by side. . .

justincasetunelresized2qz.jpg

Thats how it should fit. ..

peekabooresized3au.jpg

My G didn't com withh a shifter so. . . B&M it was. . BUT I have ALWAYS HATED that reverse lockout shit on supras. . I figured I didn't need it. .. (EVERYONE ELSE thought otherwise.. .). . fuck em. . .

reverselockoutwhatresized9da.jpg

Now that is simplicity. . Like my knob ?. . . hahah

propershiftresized1np.jpg

Beautiful innit. ..

getraggaresized0iu.jpg

Soon. . .. Soon. ..

funshiftresized9sz.jpg

Together at last. .. . .

marriageceremonyresized6jl.jpg

AND .. yeha . . it dont fit. ..

itdunfitresized1as.jpg

Got more pics tommorow or later... I did end up cutting my tunnel quite a bit. . but i didn't have my camera that day. . so no action shots.. hahha. . .

werd.. . G

damn you!!!!!! that is so nice, want one of those trannies so bad!!

good idea withh the JZX90 tunnel, that should work well.

10 thumbs up

i wish i had 4 hands, so I can give that tranny - four thumps up. :lol:

now seriously, did u have to take such a bad ass route? it'll be a sick ride indeed. after telling them u got a 1J under the hood, it'll probably kill them over once u tell them it's also a freakin 6 speed!! damn...

thanks for the props guys.. . got more pics soon. .. my mounts are finally done and the tunnel is taking shape. . looks crazy inside the car. ..

G