Sign in to follow this  
Bill

feisar's IS300 daily

im about 99% positive they are real, not minty though.

i got them from japan lol

by fake i mean there isn't a yokohama "Y" logo moulded into the inside bolt face, and they are blatantly ugly, fat and only come in 17x7. i'm sure if there were AVS5 knockoffs in 17x9.5 people would know about it bwahahaha.

called RLD industries for a powdercoating quote. even if i sandblast and prep them myself it's still roughly $500 for the set in silver. no thanks, haha.

the car is gone. i sold it returned to stock to my 17yo sister for what i paid. had to pay the credit card bills the cressida made for me, and i'm buying a house soon, so i need to save. she already blew the alpine R speakers out and blew a random fuse.

now i'm driving a $750 s13 to save money. just threw on Q45/5-lug setup, some tanabe springs and a 5-speed swap with a decent clutch. feel the pain. can't wait to be less poor so i can get something better with more doors.

sad day. but the IS300 leaves you with this weird feeling. you miss the car, but you don't miss the financial burden. i think the secrete to the cressida's lasting appeal is the fact the car is so cheap that you just can't lose w/it.

i think the IS300 will be in it's prime in another 5-7 years.

i'll probably buy my IS back from my sister in a few years for a few grand anyway and tear it apart.