Sign in to follow this  
Bill

feisar's IS300 daily

anyone with an n/a 2J, don't worry about power, with a 5-speed this thing would be more than enough to drift with for most stuff.

yeah, took the lays-mobile out for a sideways session. just some simple drift school/practice since the cressida is acting shitty and couldn't make it onto the track this weekend.

yeah the vid is poor but i drifted a stock IS better than a LOT of turbo and suspension equipped IS300's i've seen drifting on the net.. lol.

stockis300slide.jpg

Guest Push

I spent about a week withh Brian and his 5-speed Is 300, I gotta admit it... It rides good, decently quick, and I can tell he was more then happy withh it. I HAVE 4TH GEAR AGAIN!!!! :lol:

Couldn't really hack having the lexus suspension all summer so I decided to take the oppurtunity to snag a deal on some lightly used B&G S3 coilovers. gas struts with "speed sensitive" bullshit damping, but pretty damn stiff springs.

totally surprised by the ride, was expecting it to be really bouncy on gas, but they are prett damn controlled. I'm going to replace them with GR+ when I'm ready to do my UZ project in the future, but these will work for now.

bandgis300_1.jpg

bandgis300_2.jpg

bandgis300_3.jpg

reased them up a little to let the shocks work better, I'm just slightly tucking the tread now, and I'm not going to kill the tires from driving everyday.

R33 GTR's and some rolling next.

if i had money for this car, there would be monster updates.

otherwise.. uh..

a set of fresh dz101's and an alignment.

it's just my daily cruiser so it's just stock-mobile until i destroy the cressida and swap everything over to make a sort of stock looking D1SL style road licensed track car.

apr4_09_6.jpg

apr4_09_5.jpg

apr4_09_4.jpg

pretty basic stance, good for everyday rollin. roads in ottawa are pretty shitty.

thanks.

they are just bolted on, no spacers. 17x9+30 215/45 and a baseball bat roll and slight inner liner trim near the fender lip.

i got some avs model 5's from mats to replace them, these r33gtr's are going back to the cressida as drift spares.

loving it man.this is my next car. except im going from my mx32 daily to one of these-haha

no, test fitted them, they fit well, but i'm going to refinish them back to mint and change the color. still not sure, but leaning towards either silver like was originally offered on the AVS, or a dark gunmetal like the QF's I have. I fixed the lip damage, they're definitely round, and they look decent on an IS300. I'll have them redone soon enough.

yeah i was thinking about going with silver to make it look like they're original, so they don't look like knockoffs since there's like 5 different avs5 knockoffs out there, haha. silver and yellow is clean and somewhat oem and classy looking for a stockish street lexus.

kinda off subject but how much are those AVS wheels worth? I have 2 17x9.5 +15 that i want to sell but i have no idea how much to put them up for lol

$500 would be a good average higher if they are minty.

problem with AVS5's is there are a LOT of fake ones out there haha (look at any sportcompactcar rag from back in like 2002.. they're ALL in there hahahaha). I see them almost everyday on hondas, no wonder the real ones have the center caps bolted on. :ph34r:

i'm going with a metallic silver base clear.

just base/clear. quick n dirty fine grit sandblast, paint, clear. works like charms for pretty much everything, plus i've got a few other things to refinish, costs me a lot less this way.