Sign in to follow this  
Bill

feisar's IS300 daily

yep, it's official, i'm a brian wannabe ..

ISdec15_07.jpg

picked up a repo'd 01 IS300 really cheap with 118kms (72K miles)

daily driver for now, but i probably won't be able to keep my hands off it's undersides.. sorry for the crappy phone pic, but it's DAMN cold out and that was in the auction yard. and yeah, the douche that got repo'd actually ended up putting the OEM wheels in the trunk ?? must have been at gunpoint.. :lol:

color wasn't my choice, but it does grow on you with the IS.

1UZ-FE swap!

These cars have awesome suspension design. I hope that at least you'll put some coilovers on it.

u know, the yellow already grew on me. its only been a couple of hours since i seen the pic. i seen alot of is300s around here, but probably only seen a yellow one once.

1jzgte vvti

we're swapping one at the shop in jan :) doooo it

Yes, an awesome car they are. Feels like a Cressida gone wild :)

4AGE powa! Rock the shit out of the yellow. I did withh my MR2. Just out of curiosity, how much did you get it for?

i got it for $10K, around here that's really low. I know the market is lower in the states, but here the market is between 14-16K for this car. + i really wanted it, so i wasn't going to stop bidding at $8K.. :wink:

if anything big is going to happen it's gonna be a 1.5jz using my extra complete 1JZ head and the block from the IS with new 8.5:1 pistons, new rings, etc.. a single t3 (300-350hp only) R154, ems, some good dampers etc.. but as for now, nothing, just driving it to work and stuff. i'm more likely to do a manual swap and go run it in some solo events stock. i'd really rather just keep it really reliable right now.

i'm just a bit bummed that all the wheels i own would require so much bodywork to go on the jxe10, but meh, whatever. it's hard to shop for like 8j and 8.5j high offset wheels.. :roll:

fuck what everyone else says. no motor swaps. 5sp, coilovers, LSD, 18x9.5 RPF1 in SBC. DONE. enjoy it. i guarante that its wayyyy more reliable then any swaped cressida owner whos posted telling you to swap.

PS: LS7. do it.

Guest Push

everyone that owned cressidas espically x83s is going to IS 300s... Brian, Crester, and now you... Hope your having fun withh it! :)

yeah, you nailed it projexxx. except you spelled LS7 wrong, you should have written LSD.. :wink:

after doing the cressida i really just don't care so much about the swap power. just control and reliability. i'd rather build a simple n/a setup with like 230whp that can go straight to the track with good suspension and drivetrain, help me build my skills, then i'll go from there if i have a budget to support it.. my problem is spending too much time with researching, building, fixing, buying, learning, etc.. that i can't even enjoy some real track time in a simple balanced car like this one (with a little work obviously)

thats what im planning for. 2jz-ge withh some n/a stuff withh a w58 :) reliable, simple to work on, and enough power to kick the back out or just blow some rear tires.

How about this:

Getrag 6-speed withh high final drive ring gear in the LSD and coilovers. It will be as reliable as a Toyota withh stock motor but feel fast withh the high final drive and cruise at a reasonable rpm on the highway withh the 6-speed.

I'm all against motor swaps in cars unless it fixes some sort of problem (blown headgasket-prone M series, manual conversion, etc). and a NA J series is just what a dependable daily driver needs.

Well then that's hard to argue withh. :lol:

However, from my experience I've learned never to justify a modification based on price (high or low), time spent (whether a lot is invested or a lot is saved), difficulty, or other's opinions. Having a clear idea of what you want the end product to do and be for you is a large portion of the work involved.

fuck what everyone else says. no motor swaps. 5sp, coilovers, LSD, 18x9.5 RPF1 in SBC. DONE. enjoy it. i guarante that its wayyyy more reliable then any swaped cressida owner whos posted telling you to swap.
+5

i drove it today, all i can say is.. wow.. a newer car i don't hate!! :lol:

i'm really happy with it, i want to put cressida badges on it, because, yes, it is the new cressida.. period.

looks like the first mod will be to slap in my ATS 2-way.. :thumbsup:

yeah, what's sweeter is finding out the last owner installed a clarion dxz855mp touch screen head unit. merry xmas to me, i thought it was just another shit head unit. so i just ripped all my cd's to a 320kbps mp3 cd, and fired the thing up. 8)

isapril19.jpg

sorry, not NWS.. but it is a jz.. and what i drive everyday. and i'm pissed cause it took me all day to work on the damn tires, and i wanted to get my new x8 subframe prepped for paint.

so it was time for summer rims today.. pulled out the 5 oem wheels that came with the car when it was repo'd this winter. 2 of them were bent like hell.. :evil: sorry, had to post it cause i was pissed. i already mounted a tire on the bent rim, and i couldn't take it off because my tire machine is an ancient piece of trash front mount unit, and the tire just kept resealing itself.

so i took a sledge to it, straightened it out, and put it on with the other new tires. yay. balanced, and they're fine. roll fine at 120km/h no shakes.

so, next idea.. i've got 2 falken fk451's and 2 fk452's.. don't know which ones are stickier?

i put the fk451's in the front because they have lower treadwear (280) and the 452's are 300, figured they would give me some added front bite at the track.

was going to run my r33 gtr wheels, but the car is sort of semi-for-sale-for-the-right-price.. so i didn't want to touch the fenders without any suspension.

i'm serious though, if anything happened to my X83 this car would get a vvt gs400 1UZ, R154, and Stance coils in a heatbeat.

pushed the car to it's limits for about 2 hours in the rain.

at one point I was battling a new white 5 series BMW with suspension and wheels. I was right in front of him in the rain going into the first turn at about 70mph, transfered a little too hard and drifted hard all the way through the turn right in front of him. pulled away in the next few turns and laughed a little. wasn't sure if he was scared i would spin.. hahaha.

total stock auto IS300 with LSD and I wasn't getting lapped by the Lotus elise, the Lancia Delta HF, or any of the mod 350Z's and STi's. was funny as hell. I had to pass a Boxster at one point too. the stock VVT 2J isn't a slouch! even with the 5-speed e-shift. ran pretty much the same as a tipical WRX on the straight.

most of the hondas and fwd stuff got eaten pretty easily, i was really surprised. car is really neutral and predictable. trac off, and using the e-shift proved to be useful.

may3lapday.jpg

may3lapday2.jpg

may3lapday3.jpg