Sign in to follow this  
rayray

new wheels NC10R

finally got around to mounting the new wheels. they are 17x9 +20 all around, tire sizes are just 225/45/17 and 235/45/17. running 8mm spacer in front which puts it at +12. thinking of running a spacer in the back too, something like 5-10mm. went through wheelchoice.com to order them. pics yo

DSC00509.jpg

DSC00508.jpg

DSC00507.jpg

DSC00505.jpg

DSC00504.jpg

DSC00503.jpg

not slammed yet obviously.. my rear tires will shred and i don't want to run anymore camber. new pics soon hopefully as soon as I get the fenders rolled... really wished they made a 17x9.5 or 17x10 in a +25 or +20...

sweet ass fucking wheels!!..

+8 would make them +28.. you aren't running a negative spacer are you? :roll:

dude... when you add spacer you lower the number. +8 on a already +20 wheel is +12.

i want to see this x8 in person. :)

yea, I went through wheelchoice (see the post in the "these people like us" section). Shipping is high, but service is quick and arrived as scheduled. They had the wheels at their warehouse in Japan withhin a day of ordering.

still debating about what to do withh the rear... i will probably just roll it out about 5mm, may be 10mm if i want to run 245

dude... when you add spacer you lower the number. +8 on a already +20 wheel is +12.

how would adding +8mm decrease the offset? you are pushing the wheel outwards +8mm. since when does ADDING a spacer decrease anything? you would only be increasing the track in the front. you wouldn't change the offset at all.

btw.. here is some good reading on wheel tech. doesn't mention anything about spacers.. but it's got all the goods for anything else wheel related.

https://www.rsracing.com/tech-wheel.html

the wheel offset doesn't change, but it's equivalent to putting on a wheel withh a +12 offset, so depends how u look at it.

how would adding +8mm decrease the offset? you are pushing the wheel outwards +8mm. since when does ADDING a spacer decrease anything? you would only be increasing the track in the front. you wouldn't change the offset at all.

btw.. here is some good reading on wheel tech. doesn't mention anything about spacers.. but it's got all the goods for anything else wheel related.

you have no idea what your are talking about. 0 offset means the mounting surface of the wheel is in the middle of the rim. a + offset would put the mounting surface closer to the outside of the wheel thus pulling the wheel further under the car. a - offset moves the mounting surface towards the inside of the wheel thus pushing the wheel further out. The higher the +# the further under the car the wheel will be. So anytime you add a spacer, you subtract that spacers thickness from the offset if it is a + offset and you add the spacers thickness to the offset if it is a - offset.

Example: My wheels are a +35mm offset. I added a 20mm spacer between my rotor and wheel, this basicly makes the wheel a +15 offset now. Understand?

tech-wheelfit1.gif

now add a spacer to the picture and you can see how it would lower your offset.

you have no idea what your are talking about. 0 offset means the mounting surface of the wheel is in the middle of the rim. a + offset would put the mounting surface closer to the outside of the wheel thus pulling the wheel further under the car. a - offset moves the mounting surface towards the inside of the wheel thus pushing the wheel further out. The higher the +# the further under the car the wheel will be. So anytime you add a spacer, you subtract that spacers thickness from the offset if it is a + offset and you add the spacers thickness to the offset if it is a - offset.

Example: My wheels are a +35mm offset. I added a 20mm spacer between my rotor and wheel, this basicly makes the wheel a +15 offset now. Understand?

now add a spacer to the picture and you can see how it would lower your offset.

i know what offset is...using a spacer and calling it lower offset is misinformation. it's not the same as a lower offset wheel because of the track. you are increasing the track, not decreasing the offset. I understand your argument about making it "like" a lower offset wheel but, that's not entirely true. a lower offset wheel in the same width will affect the suspension geometry differently.

actually, in this case there is no difference between running a 17x9 +20 w/8mm spacer vs a 17x9 +12. both will follow the same arc when turning. if you actually modify the suspension to add 8mm to the track, a wheel that is 17x9 +20 WILL act different from a 17x9 +12 installed on a car withh stock suspension, even though both cars have identical track (width)

actually, in this case there is no difference between running a 17x9 +20 w/8mm spacer vs a 17x9 +12. both will follow the same arc when turning. if you actually modify the suspension to add 8mm to the track, a wheel that is 17x9 +20 WILL act different from a 17x9 +12 installed on a car withh stock suspension, even though both cars have identical track (width)
Correct Ray. And Sticky is wrong.