ryojikaji

Wheel fitment bitches x8!

Guest Monkey_Business

9" wide wheels, 225/50 rubber, +25 or+35 offset. Fitment issues? Backspace clearance? Fender rub? Need to roll fenders? Any input/suggestions?

Guest RoyRogers

okay i recently took on the task of cutting out the lip in the rear wheel wells....tried to follow what G did. it came out fine however now there is a gaping hole obviously. my question is what do people generally do.... leave the hole......weld it up.....ect. lmk.

taken from G's thread for reference:

serialninenewshit1006oi9.jpg

Guest THUG

Id just run some sort of silicone seal. Just to insure than no water or dirt gets up there to start rusting. Maybe paint it to so it doesn't rust

Guest RoyRogers

its a much bigger gap than you may think it is.....there is no way silicon would do the trick...i am going to paint it but that alone wont fix it.

Rims: Work VS Edition

Lowered on S14 springs

Front - s14 apex lowering springs

17x8 +5 205/40R17

fender liners still intact/no roll/no pull

Rear - s14 stock springs (some stuff in trunk/spare wheels)

17x9 +18 215/45R17

fender rolled/found driver side had some work done to it - body filler

160420111600.jpg

160420111599.jpg

160420111598.jpg

160420111596.jpg

I have a set of 17x8" and 17x9" +38 all around, going on my '89 cressida w/2jzgte... what would be the ideal tire sizes to get:

215/45/17 Front

245/40/17 Rear

or

225/45/17 Front

255/40/17 Rear

I'm slammed on megan coilover - I don't really want to do any fender modifications, but if needed... just a slight roll

I like these. SC430 18"

P1010196.jpg

Nice duck tail im sure many members would like to know what it is

I have a set of 17x8" and 17x9" +38 all around, going on my '89 cressida w/2jzgte... what would be the ideal tire sizes to get:

215/45/17 Front

245/40/17 Rear

or

225/45/17 Front

255/40/17 Rear

I'm slammed on megan coilover - I don't really want to do any fender modifications, but if needed... just a slight roll

anyone have wheels/tire specs that are close to these?

okay i recently took on the task of cutting out the lip in the rear wheel wells....tried to follow what G did. it came out fine however now there is a gaping hole obviously. my question is what do people generally do.... leave the hole......weld it up.....ect. lmk.

taken from G's thread for reference:

tack or stitch weld it, whatever your preference is. clean, then self etch primer (spray bomb or spray gun) primer (can do spray bomb of this too or spray gun) seam sealer, then undercoat or paint, whatever you want.

welding it keeps it together and from moving around, self etch gives the primer something to bite to. seam sealer keeps the water/dirt out from the seams to start rust. paint or under coat will keep an extra layer on top of the seam sealer to protect that as well.

all the stuff comes in aerosol cans so it can be cheap to do for preventative maintenance.

Guest RoyRogers

awesome... yeah i ended up just partially tubbing the rear to go lower

just scored these: volk racing sf winning. F: 19x 8 1/2 +38 R: 19x 9 1/2 +42 not too crazy about the front rim (to little lip) but hey i just traded my old wheels for em the back fits nice but needs a smaller tire (275!) anyone know what size i could run and have it look good? (dont want it too tall or too stretched)

VR4.jpg

VR3.jpg

VR9.jpg

Guest LukeS

anyone have wheels/tire specs that are close to these?

i have the exact same rim sizes as those and my car is fairly low. I run a 215/45 r17 on the front and a 225/40r17 or 235/40r17 on the rear. No scrubbing

Guest tonllave

is it true that the stock springs of the s14 will fit our x8 chasis (specifically rx80 chasis) suspension? thanks for the info!!

Ton ton here from the Philippines! =)