Sign in to follow this  
aphxero

z32 brake adapters! Go buy them!

cool indeed. now tell them to make a rear set :)

Some moderator shoudl make a thread withh links to all the cool parts. Maybe sticky it?

may be brian can move it to the "these people like us" section. it's kind of lonely there withh just wheelchoice. and hopefully see more stuff coming from flipsidecustoms and serialnine and etc etc

Here is the kit

1.jpg

1.jpg

Info on Z32 calipers.

The following is a comparison of some different Z32 300ZX brake calipers.

The "26mm Aluminum" calipers were used ONLY on 1990 non-turbos. They used a 280mm x 26mm rotor.

The "30mm Aluminum" calipers were used on 1990 Twin-turbos and ALL 1991-1992.5 300ZX's (both turbo and non-turbo alike). They used a 280mm x 30mm rotor.

The "30mm Iron" calipers were used on ALL 1992.5-1996 300ZX's (both turbo and non-turbo alike). They also used the 280mm x 30mm rotor.

http://importnut.net/300zxbrakeswap.htm for more info on Z brakes

www.rockauto.com order your Z stuff from there.

if i remember correctly the cheapest place to get calipers and rotors is rockauto.com
Everyone, which ones should I buy?? The Raybestos? I picked out some stuff and came up withh 311 shipped. About 100 dollars cheaper then the local Advanced. Guess I'll order this later today.

I ordered my shit from rock and maybe, just maybe, i will get it all on saturday and then i can spend a few hours over the weekend putting it in. where can I order steel braided lines that wont blow up and shit. to many companies out there that make steel braided brake lines that end up being worse then facotry lines.

I ordered my shit from rock and maybe, just maybe, i will get it all on saturday and then i can spend a few hours over the weekend putting it in. where can I order steel braided lines that wont blow up and shit. to many companies out there that make steel braided brake lines that end up being worse then facotry lines.

^ ya i just blew my clutch line after pushing the clutch maybe no more than 50 times.

be careful of the ones that are 'coated' or wrapped with some 'teflon' or some shit, I think those are just hiding the fact that it's not even stainless, cause if it was, it wouldn't need to be 'protected' by a layer of something. my clutch line was "teflon coated stainless"... more like plastic wrapped aluminum braid on a shit $.02 hose.

i think i fucked up when ordering the rotors. It say "BECK/ARNLEY Part # 0802386

Front Brake Rotor, Vented;2 Per Car"

so I assumed it has 2 rotors but I am not sure. Are they trying to say you need to order 2 or is it saying there are 2 in the order? I emailed then and await their answer. if it only has one, i'll just have to order the other. which means i'll have to wait to put them on until next week :(.

935 has a whole front rear set for our cars
what, z brakes or cressida steel braided brake lines???

people who do not have z brakes, order the kit and DO IT! Mine are on and I now have better pedal feel, better intial bite and smoother braking. I am basing this off of regular brake pads on both brakes. I am not running a better set of pads on z brakes. They are cheap regular semi metallic replacement pads you can get just about any where.

the z calipers are also loads lighter then the poopie cast iron cressida ones.

i think i fucked up when ordering the rotors. It say "BECK/ARNLEY Part # 0802386

Front Brake Rotor, Vented;2 Per Car"

so I assumed it has 2 rotors but I am not sure. Are they trying to say you need to order 2 or is it saying there are 2 in the order? I emailed then and await their answer. if it only has one, i'll just have to order the other. which means i'll have to wait to put them on until next week :(.

hahahahahahahahaha i did the same thing. it means you need two per car, it is stupid i know. i bought some from parts america, they were 30 bucks each, so i thought you might like to know. and remember vented does not mean anything other than a normal two piece rotor.

and remember vented does not mean anything other than a normal two piece rotor.

vented is not a two piece rotor. vented is a vented rotor.

a "two-piece" rotor has a separated hat and rotor, like racing brake setups.

just picking on you, i know what you meant to say :P

Please forgive me, but I can't find any information on the website about how to order the adapters/rings and how much they cost. also, will the z32 brake calipers and rotors fit under the stock wheels or do you need 16"+?

16" supra sawblades fit over my z32 brakes, the stock 15" wheels do not.

i might be on drugs but where do i purchase these on the site?

i looked around for a while but i couldn't figure it out.

call or email him/them and see what happens. it's Marks buddy, so maybe he can get in touch withh him and let him know people want these. then use Rockauto.com to order your stuff. I got mine brakes, rotors and pads shipped to my house for 350. It was about 60 dollars cheaper then going through my local advance auto.