Old Series GARAGE

MX29 MarkII 1JZ wagon thread - Love it or Hate it.

Do you: Love it or hate it  

36 members have voted

1. 1.

• Fuck Yes, I would roll it just like that.
    • meh, yeah... its 'ight, i geuss.
    • not really, looks like a POS.
    • Fuck No, I wouldnt come close to standing by it.

Well shit fellas...

Hi...

I own Toyotas... lots of old Toyotas... I also own a 400HP S13, but who really gives a shit about that.

Well.. this is the new daily driver that I have been building. It consists of a 1JZ, MX73 IRS withh crossmember/frame grafted to the existing frame. V-notched the frame, etc etc... R-154 tranny, full custom air ride withh 2500 series bags up front and 2800's in the back. Lays frame, floorboard and pinch weld.

It is currently running 1 bar of boost, so.... cheeea! From wiring it headlight to taillight, making the JDM round gauges work, and finishing every other aspect of the car, I would say this is yet another Old Series GARAGE successful build.

good luck, and enjoy.

P.S: I will post some build up pictures later.

jdmangle.jpg

engineshot_eddie.jpg

side_eddie.jpg

Eat.......... Ass.......

DSCF1651.jpg

DSCF1654.jpg

good luck, and enjoy.

glad you joined!

Guys this thing is cool. I rode in it the other day. Panties drop when we roll by in it.

Sauce.

FUCKING BAD ASS!

You got my attention! :shock:

buddy showed me a link of this posted elsewhere, glad to see you joined here too! can't wait to see the other pics dude

Fuckin sickness man. . Props to keeping the classics alive and in true gangsta style. .. I definatey gotta roll up there and check out more old schoolness. . .

G.

sweet

now tint the windows and throw a matress in the back and make it a shaggin wagon

Haha.. ive been having a blast latley...

I geuss too much....

well... I almost flipped over and died.

Story:

So, I was in 4th gear, just getting past redline at around 135-140mph, and, BAM! my drive shaft ripped in half, tore through my floor, air lines to my front bags, e-brake, etc.

So, I suddenly loose my front bags, the car hits the ground, my rear brakes lock up due to e-brake getting tangled, and I come to a scrapping stop on the side of the freeway. Waiting 3 hours for a flatbed tow truck to deliver my car 3 miles.

It was one fucked up night, I got home at 3AM....

Here are the pics.... pay attention to the front crossmember, where the metal turned blue do to extreme griding.

ENJOY!!!!!

DSCF1658.jpg

DSCF1660.jpg

DSCF1662.jpg

DSCF1664.jpg

Fuel line almost punctured (high pressure side) + sparks from frame = Amazing fire show... imagine that.

DSCF1665.jpg

DSCF1666.jpg

DSCF1668.jpg

DSCF1671.jpg

Where is the drain bolt??? lol!!! it ground to nothing!

DSCF1676.jpg

DSCF1681.jpg

Thank you Drivelines NW for your poop ass driveshaft! This happens to be the only part of the car that I did not hand make, and it turns out to be the part that blows up... what the hell?!

HolyFingShit1.jpg

seriously man. wtf. that driveshaft took a total shit... glad to hear you're ok man. did the rear subframe get tweaked at all?

crikey! that had to be something to see.

let us know when you get it back on the road, also take a picture of the face of the idiot who made that driveshaft when you bring it back.

awesome car. time to get it painted while it waits for a new driveshaft. how long where the marks on the road??

Oh... by the way...

Its alive again.

most recent pictures thanks to Ian and Danny. I also finished the full exhaust... which I will take pics of sometime tonight or tomorrow...

Also, I took the 14X7 mesh off and put my 15X7's on... damn, believe it or not, it actually took some inner fender work in the back (im talking about the very top, because my car lays out frame and floor board, therefore the overal radius of the tire affects my limit of "tuck").

I want to go even lower, but I would have to tub the back of the car to do that :roll: .

l_9530a15daa265a7d332e0cde6f7245d1.jpg

l_5d3ff79eaf7b868c8892220e414d58c5.jpg

l_ce94951bb142704396b64c4e8edc611c.jpg

l_ff0f75f464e69e6f7b27bc1da4908fb3.jpg

l_ff0f75f464e69e6f7b27bc1da4908fb3.jpg

Is the JZ really that crooked? If so I'd expect another driveshaft failure...

The engine is sitting an an angle, in terms of how the intake is a little higher than the exhaust. This is due largely in part of the frame design of the car. I needed to do that to clear the block, oil filter, and other components away from the frame. This has nothing to do withh the functionality of the driveshaft, the driveshaft failed due to the shops critical-speed math. Since that has been corrected, things are just fine.

Why the hell am I explaining to a guy that drives the same car as my mom (1998 Legacy). Anyways, thanks for your thoughtful input. :thumbsup:

A couple of shitty pics I took tonight... damn its fucking bitter cold outside already! I cant wait to drive it in the snow.

DSCF1720.jpg

Pretty much, here is the exhaust

DSCF1719.jpg

DSCF1717.jpg

Damn... that lighting on the top of Alderwood Mall parking garage makes the car look orange.. weird shit.

Enjoy.

If I was baller, I buy this off you. . .. If . . . cuz I am average joe brokeness and can't afford like 9 project cars like I want.

Seriously that thing is hot. I loved it before I knew it was 1Jz-5spd . . . W or R box? . . . any chance at some interior shots?

Much love bro

If I was baller, I buy this off you. . .. If . . . cuz I am average joe brokeness and can't afford like 9 project cars like I want.

Seriously that thing is hot. I loved it before I knew it was 1Jz-5spd . . . W or R box? . . . any chance at some interior shots?

Much love bro

Oh I hear ya man... any money I make goes right into school (University of Washington main campus). It sucks every penny that I have and have made right into it.

Im running the R, I figured I would go withh it since Ive killed a few W's in the past (I still love W's though!).

Speaking of interior shots... your right, I have yet to take any. Thats will be the next picture update.