Gseventythree

SERIALNINE X8 by G.

My car may look Mexican as fuck, but your girlfriend looks like Stephen Hawking

Who, Jacob or Kyle?

Edit: I'm just gonna go back to lifting stuff up and then putting it down.

Another waste of time and space argument.... pics of said led turn signals maybe I missed them in the vid a pics

We don't actually have any pics of them on as the car has no hazards (don't ask) and having one on at a time looked whack. We did film them in the vid but that part got cut out. Sooo ya. They're basically some amber SMD LED's mounted under the horizontal slat beside the fog opening that face forward. They're quite bright. We tried some side facing ones but they were so damn dim that they weren't very useful. We also wire the marker lights to flash alternately to the turn signal which looks cool. Esp if you have the JDM corner lights with signals and crazy LED 194's.

G.

I think id be forced to argue too if people were bashing me for old parts on my BUILD THREAD. How about the people that have problems contact G directly instead if being little bitch school girls and posting drama on here. This isn't Facebook you faggots. And by the way since I have gotten my x8 G has been the most helpful and knowledgable contact I have made. He's gone out of his way countless times to answer the sea of questions I throw at him. So he probably just doesn't like a lot of you lol.

It's called customer service.... A pretty big part of running a successful company. Fag. Have you delt with G lately? Cause none of what your saying seems very relevant anymore.

Good points.

The parts are not too expensive, there are just cheaper alternatives. I've never wanted to sell cheap parts. I wanted to establish an innovative, quality brand, and it just so happened that I was into Cressidas. But were always working on that. The site does suck, it's terrible! Working on that as well. I'm not gonna beat a dead horse, but we've never stolen money or not shipped parts. There does exist a thread on here about that and to this day I have dudes package sitting in my shipping room. No communication from him after that thread. PM's/emails/phone calls netted his ex-workplace and some guy saying "ya send it here". No thanks. I'm not saying shit has taken long to ship. That is true. But now if we don't have an eta from a supplier I don't take the money. Simple.

I understand the negative comments and trash talking can add up to lost sales. But have you been on JZX? Read how you guys talk? It's ludicrous, faggot this and gay that. It's hard to take someone seriously when they talk like a homophobic 13 yr old. And have any of these people instead of spending the time to trash talk me on here, simply wrote me an email saying " hey what the fuck" I'm not some asshole that takes ppls money to " build my car" and "go to Cali" or whatever. But I'm portrayed as that by a group of people that feed off each other's negativity and direct it towards SERIALNINE.

I agree with the fact that a company shouldn't be on a forum gettin down and dirty with a bunch of children, but this is a forum and I'm just another guy on here. I am literally SERIALNINE. And it is what it is. Having a company takes away a LOT of personal freedom as far as social media on the internet, everything is regulated because you're representing your company you almost lose yourself and your individuality because you want to cater to a wider audience. (Not everyone wants to see cutesy pics of my 7month old son on my IG every day) But on JZX, IN MY BUILD THREAD. I'd like to be GERARD and have a bit of that freedom to express myself, not just SERIALNINE this and SERIALNINE that. It's only on here that you guys hate me so much, but these are still my roots, and this build thread is the story of my automotive life for the last 8 years. I didn't come on here for a long time because of all the bashing etc. and the fact that I wasn't doing anything Cressida related for a long assed time. But fuck it. Bash all you want. Now I did some dope assed CRESSIDA related shit, so I want to show you guys. I'm proud of the Type II, I think I've succeeded in redefining the X8 chassis. I've opened it up to a wider audience that needed to see it in a different light in order to garner it "cool". I know you guys prolly hate that fact that "fanboys" will be flocking. But once upon a time I wanted to build a car because I was inspired by something awesome. I'm just trying to inspire others with something awesome, and it happens to be a Cressida. I WANT to see people sell off their fully built S-chassis and build Cressidas. I personally want to see what those guys bring to the table, because I'm sorry, but there are WAY more dope 240s than Cressidas, and I do not enjoy looking at mismatched body panels, I'll fitting wheels, and three finger gap ride heights. Long time ago I predicted that the Cressida would be the next S-chassis and my friend retorted back "no fuckin way, MAYBE the next AE". Now while obviously that statement is impossible from a statistical standpoint, it is quite obvious that the Cressida has surpassed the AE in popularity, and is gaining every day. With the Type II I'm hoping to increase that popularity even further.

When I see JZX81's in Dori-ten rocking SERIALNINE aero and coilovers and JZS161's in vip style with BREED fenders and CSL trunks, I'll be a happy man.

G.

Except for the fact that there are many pages photos of cars with SERIALNINE parts on them?

Explain to me why I would jack someone $200 for subframe bushings vs the $1000 plus for aero that every Cressida on the net with a bodykit has?

As well we CAN ship full aero for $150 if you want to go greyhound with no tracking number and you have to go pick it up when it's estimated to be there and or wait for a phone call. Most ppl want tracking and door to door shipping. Which is $250-380 depending on where you live and if you ship to a depot or your door. And they're shipped from WA so nothing to do with being Canadian.

I'm not here to get on my knees to convince a few people to buy my parts. You guys already have an opinion of me and that's your opinion, keep it. I'll just keep striving towards my goals.

You guys are really up in a bunch about the fog lights hey? ANY set of factory fogs is in that range if not more. I'm sorry I did not incorporate cheaper fogs for JZX approval. If they were $100 would you guys buy them then? Probably not cuz the kit is "some knockoff accord kit" or "wavy Chinese shit"

Seriously.

G.

Gerard, you have some good points.

Jose's mexican connection nose is shipped by bus, and a pain in the ass for someone like me that is 18 miles across a major city to go pick up,

and is just as wavy as your chinese stuff. But it was meant to be cheap shit to bust up on a drift car.

And I would hate it if someone came into my build thread to complain about my business.

But then again, when you came in to my thread, showing your front tension rods,

and telling me that I shouldn't be using 'just a washer', I didn't get all defensive.

I could see you were talking out of your ass, and self promoting. No big deal.

I am not selling them, have no intentions to, and besides, you dropped the project anyway, which makes me wonder why you came in to my thread, and said what you did.

I have owned 2 sets of your X8 subframe bushings, and always told people I liked them.

Wouldn't even think at going poly again, unless they were dirt cheap. (XM's aren't)

But when I went to install them, I could tell they were made by someone with limited design experience.

I made a lot of shavings getting them to where I wanted.

The bores were just too tight for installing into a stamped & welded subframe, going onto a stamped & welded unibody.

Toyota does not hold anything resembling close tollerances on stamped & welded components, and with the bores just being a few thousands over the diameter of the OEM bolts, maked instalation tough, to say the least. And I took a bunch of material off to take some of the weight off them. That was a personal choice, not a requirement.

I think if you ran a little larger bore in them, you would get a lot less complaints. And it would not effect their performance one bit, as once the bolts are snugged down, they can't move anyway.

But guess what, If I had another X8 to do, I would buy S9 bushings again.

Guess your issues with the X7 bushings, is that you put prototypes out, and without any disclaimers.

I would have stamped them 'experimental', or 'prototype', waited for feedback from competent builder, and went from there.

Sending them out to a run of the mill cressida guy, who may or may not been able to install a new oil filter without help, and then him selling them to someone else that is a qualified machinist led to Rue's dislike of your product.

LoL, you should give someone like Rue a job designing stuff.

That is a lot of XM's problems, he is taking what a couple of drifters think is good, and putting the crap into production, like that death trap harness bar.

Sorry I think your type-II nose looks like a '90s Eribuni accord piece.........

But a lot of others like it, so what the fuck.

Make it, sell it, and move on.

PS, I still want a true drop vent fucking hood.

Please go down, and steal DM's mold, and make some, damnit !!

Gerard, you have some good points.

Jose's mexican connection nose is shipped by bus, and a pain in the ass for someone like me that is 18 miles across a major city to go pick up,

and is just as wavy as your chinese stuff. But it was meant to be cheap shit to bust up on a drift car. Most of our kits are on drift cars as well. .

And I would hate it if someone came into my build thread to complain about my business.

But then again, when you came in to my thread, showing your front tension rods,

and telling me that I shouldn't be using 'just a washer', I didn't get all defensive.

I could see you were talking out of your ass, and self promoting. No big deal. Just wanted to give you some ideas of how I did it, as well as constructive feedback from a design standpoint.

I am not selling them, have no intentions to, and besides, you dropped the project anyway, which makes me wonder why you came in to my thread, and said what you did.

I have owned 2 sets of your X8 subframe bushings, and always told people I liked them.

Wouldn't even think at going poly again, unless they were dirt cheap. (XM's aren't)

But when I went to install them, I could tell they were made by someone with limited design experience.

I made a lot of shavings getting them to where I wanted.

The bores were just too tight for installing into a stamped & welded subframe, going onto a stamped & welded unibody.

Toyota does not hold anything resembling close tollerances on stamped & welded components, and with the bores just being a few thousands over the diameter of the OEM bolts, maked instalation tough, to say the least. And I took a bunch of material off to take some of the weight off them. That was a personal choice, not a requirement.

I think if you ran a little larger bore in them, you would get a lot less complaints. And it would not effect their performance one bit, as once the bolts are snugged down, they can't move anyway. This is not a design flaw, but a decision to forego ease of installation for maximum performance, I had a few revisions of the X8 subframe bushings before ending up with those final measurements. .The first set had holes smaller than stock but large enough to easily slide onto the studs, as well as the OD's being on the side of easy install. After driving on them aggressively and checking the final position in relation to the initial position after install we noticed they had moved.. After re tightening again thinking possibly they weren't tight enough and getting some more miles on them, you could definitely notice the alignment change, esp after drifting, the transitioning would move the subframe ever so slightly enough to throw out your critical alignment settings, as well you could hear them creak under moderate load (a steep driveway or a U-turn with a welded diff) .. I thought "why install something that is in one way better than stock (solid) yet worse than stock in another way?" (the stock ones would at least return to the original alignment position) We tightened the tolerances up and tried them on three different chassis that we had, and after one more slight resizing and testing, we deemed it better to be tighter and have a slightly harder install DEPENDING on your chassis. Only three modifications were ever required for successful installation: 1-file the stamped holes on the subframe due to out of roundness of the stamping, 2-putting the removable factory studs in a vice and sanding the shank with some emery cloth for less than 5 minutes. and finally, the third potential problem is the ID of the subframe "tube" (where the stock bushings sat) vs the OD on our solid one. This area is ALWAYS rusted and was quite difficult to measure accurately to generate a precise corresponding OD. After sanding and further measurement we deduced that this "tube" is in fact slightly tapered and a certain OD of bushing could be used that would fit tightly with proper sanding of the rust, some elbow grease and a dead blow. All three of which I have walked two customers through on the phone and don't take more than an extra hour including trial fitting.

The rest of the customers figured it out on their own, knowing that the end goal was ABSOLUTELY NO MOVEMENT. .

But guess what, If I had another X8 to do, I would buy S9 bushings again. Thanks for another compliment!

Guess your issues with the X7 bushings, is that you put prototypes out, and without any disclaimers. Again, some pieces made for a my personal X7 project even before I decided to start SERIALNINE. The first bushings sold were X8 ones. Only AFTER testing on Emag_dnim's X7 did we come out with X7 ones.

I would have stamped them 'experimental', or 'prototype', waited for feedback from competent builder, and went from there.

Sending them out to a run of the mill cressida guy, who may or may not been able to install a new oil filter without help, and then him selling them to someone else that is a qualified machinist led to Rue's dislike of your product.

LoL, you should give someone like Rue a job designing stuff. Thanks, but no thanks.

That is a lot of XM's problems, he is taking what a couple of drifters think is good, and putting the crap into production, like that death trap harness bar. Agreed.

Sorry I think your type-II nose looks like a '90s Eribuni accord piece.........

But a lot of others like it, so what the fuck.

Make it, sell it, and move on. I dont mind the criticism except when it comes with a bunch of useless other nonsense.

PS, I still want a true drop vent fucking hood.

Please go down, and steal DM's mold, and make some, damnit !! With that said.. we already have a hood at our manufacturer and ive wanted to make hoods forever.. just not sure how many would sell being different styles and all.. I was going to do one similar to ameens which is clean and functional, not too crazy. .If enough people were interested, I could make hood for sure. And we are doing a new roof wing as well.

G.

If you make a hood like ameens, make it clear a mkiii aluminum radiator. Also more drop in the vent would have been cool.

Well, not what I am looking for.

If I wanted industrial looking vents, I'd just make my own square cut-outs, and bend the sheetmetal down, like he did.

keep on keeping on G ! i've had s9 subframe and diff bushings in my car for over 40k @ 500+hp with zero issues never had any issues ... love all of the serial nine stuff i really want a set of those side moldings

what i can't understand in ALL of this, is how a bunch of guys from various backgrounds can not see or fathom what its like to START your OWN business, and have your hands in EVERY aspect of that business.

it is not buying a franchise like subway where all your product, servings, etc are calculated and you put A and B together and you get C money.

the negativity on this and many other forums is INSANE. there is NO communication with the person or company that it is bad mouthing, a LOT of assumptions and NO apologies when the dilemma has been sorted out.

running your OWN business is a 24/7 operation with nearly NO downtime...when you do have down time, its not to BASH TALK with a bunch of illiterate/homophobic/slandering cunts who'd main purpose is to laugh at dick and fart jokes.

i see a lot of people ask about x7 parts this and that...you can drop your subframe out, take measurements and find a machine shop to make said parts...wait a second, you want how much for ONE set of parts? it will take HOW LONG? ...

S9's prices ARE BELOW industry standard. IMO they are FAIR value by FAR. you are comparing s9 products to EBAY/NON TESTED JUNK.. i can not for the life of me understand how people can talk so far out of their asses...people who wouldn't take the time to learn something and INSTEAD complain to no end to someone who is actually DOING and MAKING products of their OWN.

Shipping...are you kidding me? that has NOTHING to do with anyone other than the prices set forth by the postal running services...its like you've never paid duties/taxes/shipping before and youre like...well he said she said this and that..

i dont even think anyone will actually read that or understand it, and i expect no less than hate and other rude subjects.

Some of you really REALLY get out into the real world and see that not every business is an operation that you go to the bank, get unlimited money to start a business, then figure out how to make a product, for a fair value, that operates as it should, then make a bunch of them when there isnt a store where you walk in and get parts...these are typically limited runs, and then you have back stock that is paid for in advance...so you make prototypes...which cost money...then you install and run the part to see how it works in the real world...make adjustments etc...lots of money here. then you find a design that works, then you make a bunch of them...wait...wheres my market? oh...these are cars that are worth 500 bucks and theres what...20ppl who modify them...oh...now theres how many companies making KNOCK OFFS of MY part..selling for a cheaper price, to be competetive...and theyre in china so money doesnt exist...oh wow...now the internet is a buzz about how expensive our product (of much greater tolerences) is.... THIS GOES ON FOREVER!!!

eco fuckin nomics you cunts. how about you do something with your time and be productive instead of just buying parts and complaining to no end. its like MODIFYING something is out of the question...even when youre modifying and CUSTOMIZING your car...

Gerard, i have seen you and your company grow so far from when it started and up til now. You and Kevin and the other guy (sorry i forgot his name :( ) have been doing great things. I respect what you guys do, as I have been there myself and I understand stand both sides of the coin.

Fuck give it a rest leave s9 shit out of his build thread at least. Make a thread if it makes your guys dicks that hard.

has to do with respect for another person. why is this forum filled with so much hate for what other people do with their time?

Probably has something to do with how much people hate their own miserable lives ... on a less serious note is like to see pics of the le d signals and maybe you could consider putting together a led kit for the tails also... o feel like that would really bring together the whole modern look you are going for