Gseventythree

SERIALNINE X8 by G.

I drove up to Canada to party and go to this event. My ae86 is kinda broken so I drove the x8 up just to watch. Trent was nice enough to let me drift his car a little bit and that satisfied me. I hate going to events just to watch.

I had no idea that G was gonna be there. When I pulled in it was a nice surprise. It was cool meeting you, dan, and your lady. The 1j sounded so awesome especially when it go way up there. Thanks for the advice/info on the swap. Next time I come to that track I should be in the ae86 so maybe we can drive together.

You were driving great for it being your first time. That track is not friendly especially to beginners. It's way to small for the speed you need to carry so you need to be careful. Next time come down here to a bigger track and I'll drift the x8. If Mark and Rob would hurry up and finish theirs we could make an x8 crew.

-Matt-Panic!

BTW: the faster you go, the earlier you have to countersteer when you make a transfer. You think it's hard in an x8? Try a corolla :D

-Good-Luck!

-Matt-Panic!

Thanks again guys.. The `oval is only a second gear track.. . and honestly, I didn't have much left RPM wise. . Pretty much topped out in 2nd. . . One thing I was having probs withh was my power steering. . Its fuckin stuck on FULL ASSIST (not connected) and there was little to no feel. . Felt like driving a video game, or a caddy . . . . Ill have that fixed for next time though. . Im looking forward to getting on a more open track. . That aggasiz track is very intimidating. .. And its the only POS we have to drift on currently. . I figured I could complain about it, and not drift. . Or try it, go balls out, and still complain lol. . It was fun as fuck, and having a 1J opened up like that is music to any gearhead's ears. . I think I convinced a few people to second guess buying a skyline/silvia/240/180 (LAME) over a fuckin gangsta X8. ..

G.

Just a few more pics. . Not that big but cool nonetheless. . A few different angles. . Dont mind the ghetto door lol. . They're only meant to show Stance and Fitment. .

Wipeout!! The rear wheel looks sick though. . .

g27ki1.jpg

Rollin Shots. .

g13mg7.jpg

g37sr2.jpg

g38hn7.jpg

G.

FINAL KONNEXION. . . . . . .

Once I get a lil better, or dont have to learn on a track withh walls. . . :wink:

G.

Oh.... but the walls are soooo much fun!!!

Damn all you X8 owners!!! damn you!

I really want to get another X8 now... dammit... another project? arggg.

Thanks for the inspiration at least. :D:thumbsup:

Once I get a lil better, or dont have to learn on a track withh walls. . .

G.

g27ki1.jpg

+

toyota_img_01_a.jpg

=

poor hack I know, but its the best I could do at work withhout getting yelled at too much.

cressida.jpg

**edit: SHIT forgot to put the door handle back in**

Once I get a lil better, or dont have to learn on a track withh walls. . .

G.

g27ki1.jpg

+

toyota_img_01_a.jpg

=

poor hack I know, but its the best I could do at work withhout getting yelled at too much.

cressida.jpg

**edit: SHIT forgot to put the door handle back in**

F

U

C

K

Y

E

A

H

!

!

!

!

Basically thats what im talkin bout. . Clean and Fuckin low BUT withh lots of stickers . .NOT the D1/FD Fast and Furious style shit. . but the old school Kazama/Tezuka/Ueo/326Power style. . . . No Fuckin Bolt on blister fender crap withh gaps everywhere. . just clean. . stock(ish) body .. withh phat rims. .and nice aero. .

Thats awesome man. .Thanks . . .

G.

So I worked on the car last night and the night before. .Changed the clutch as the last one was dead. . (ORC REBUILD KIT) clutch is awesome now. . I hope. . Fuckin flywheel and pressure plate were COOKED like fuckin burnt TI man. .the pressure plate was BLUE on the ouside. . fuck . . Basically getting it ready for the event on SAT. . Did a rear swaybar tonight. . fuckin rad. . its a stock rear #@%^ bar. . 17mm or 19mm or something. . Damn near bolted in. .Just need different end links. . One thing i've been working on is a kit to use #@^&* front swaybars on the rear of X8 cuz there are TONS of aftermarket ones available (up to 25.4mm) and even the stock one is like 20mm . . Ill try it out on SAT . . initial feeling is good . .the car turns in and looses grip more predictably. . and sliding it is more controlled. . Fuck do i need a better non crooked chassis. . last thing I need to do is get the Super Duper Power assisted steering gone. . Imma try to fuck up the PPS solenoid to jam on full hard cuz drifting on full soft is ummmm. . like playing Rush at the arcade.. TONS of feel. :roll: . . Goodthing i lost my wheellock key. . Dumbass. . How do you go drifting withhout the ability to change wheels ???!?!!? FUCK. . I wanna die. .

G.

. . last thing I need to do is get the Super Duper Power assisted steering gone. . Imma try to fuck up the PPS solenoid to jam on full hard cuz drifting on full soft is ummmm. . like playing Rush at the arcade.. TONS of feel.

G.

you might want to rethink this. the steering will get harder to get the car to steer the other way fom lock once you put tie rods on.

Plus, I always thought that it was just for at idle so the motor wouldn't stall if you cut the wheel while not moving.

. . last thing I need to do is get the Super Duper Power assisted steering gone. . Imma try to fuck up the PPS solenoid to jam on full hard cuz drifting on full soft is ummmm. . like playing Rush at the arcade.. TONS of feel.

G.

you might want to rethink this. the steering will get harder to get the car to steer the other way fom lock once you put tie rods on.

Plus, I always thought that it was just for at idle so the motor wouldn't stall if you cut the wheel while not moving.

So I took apart the solenoid and its actually pretty cool Its not a solenoid. . Its an electromagnetically operated valve It is FULLY closed ( NO power assist at all) withh 12 volts and Fully open (FULL CADDILAC assist) withh zero volts. .. . Its cool, there is an adjustment on the top that LIMITS the travel of the valve. .So basically you can adjust the limiter in like two turns so that even withh 12 volts it is no so assisted. . Basically now i have it hooked up to 12 volts and its like on pretty hard. . (like my 73) Just enough assist to park and shit. . Much better feel.

Matt. . Thanks for the vid posting man .. Wish it was a lil longer. . Im just waiting for trent cuz aparently he has some good footage . . Too bad no footage of the morning though. . thats when I was doing really well. . The afternoon was sketch city. .

G.

i wasnt paying attention to the whole PS schpiel but..

you could put switched constant power to it for on the track then turn the switch off for normal opperation so the whole range is used. or switched constant 12v for track and switched 0v for "cadillac on, cadillac off, i

i wasnt paying attention to the whole PS schpiel but..

you could put swithched constant power to it for on the track then turn the swithch off for normal opperation so the whole range is used. or swithched constant 12v for track and swithched 0v for "cadillac on, cadillac off, i <3 parallel parking".

Ya thats what i was gonna do. . on is track setup and off is full assist. .

G.

G.

So I took apart the solenoid and its actually pretty cool Its not a solenoid. . Its an electromagnetically operated valve It is FULLY closed ( NO power assist at all) withh 12 volts and Fully open (FULL CADDILAC assist) withh zero volts. .. . Its cool, there is an adjustment on the top that LIMITS the travel of the valve. .So basically you can adjust the limiter in like two turns so that even withh 12 volts it is no so assisted. . Basically now i have it hooked up to 12 volts and its like on pretty hard. . (like my 73) Just enough assist to park and shit. . Much better feel.

Matt. . Thanks for the vid posting man .. Wish it was a lil longer. . Im just waiting for trent cuz aparently he has some good footage . . Too bad no footage of the morning though. . thats when I was doing really well. . The afternoon was sketch city. .

G.

hmmm, i have mine off i guess because it is not hooked up at all but i am using the 240 one that is in the high pressure line. of course my steering feel is way diffrent then when the 7m was in it since the sr helped pull a lot of weight off the front end.

anyone have no power steering in there x8 ? me got a 2j....want to get rid of it to clean up the engine bay...

more pictures and videos G.

anyone have no power steering in there x8 ? me got a 2j....want to get rid of it to clean up the engine bay...

more pictures and videos G.

Goodluck driving withh no power steering in a cressida. . Its just too much car. .

N.O. Drifter .. . The PPS is a Variable power assist for the power steering. .It is speed sensitive, meaning at slow speeds its highly boosted to make parking etc. easier. . When at higher speeds .. (I have no idea what speed) there is less assist for more feel. . (I.E. No power steering ) Driving withh the solenoid fully closed (12 volts) is quite hard. . The steering is VERY HEAVY. .

G.

K so here is what I have so far. . This is all the footage i got of the event. . And its all from others. . I didn't have a camcorder nor camara at this event. .

In the Video im at around 0:59 and at the end. like 8:19. . These were all in the afternoon and werent my best runs, but a pretty good representation of my driving level. . The morning was where it was at. .But I started having problems in the afternoon. .stuff like the tires I was using got real slippery after one lap. . (you can see me loop out one both clips on the second lap around. .) they'd be fine for the first lap.. then second time around they'd have no control at the limit. . I guess thats what you get for crusty free used 18's lol. . Fukc. next event imma have NEW Fukcin tires (at least one set hahaha) . . The other thing . . You can see me trying to catch the car coming out of a drift at 8:41 Thats where I'd be chasing the wheel cuz it started heading for the fukcin wall even though the wheel was pointed straight. . . I couldn't manji very consitently due to the SuperSketch steering. . So I was keeping it fairly tame on the straights. .

The 4Dr R32 Is my buddy Ian. . He JUST bought that car. .and was KILLIN it all fukcin day long .. . We were neck and neck in the morning but in the afternoon. . I fell off the boat and he was Styling the whole track back and forth all fukcin day. .

Hope you guys like. .

DSC02833.jpg

DSC02838.jpg

They look like the same pic but they arent. . Maybe same placement diff camera ? anyways. . There are more to come. .

DSC02833.jpg

DSC02838.jpg

They look like the same pic but they arent. . Maybe same placement diff camera ? anyways. . There are more to come. .

same place, diffrent run. looks good. get some real pictures of your car parked and get a cheap paint job on it so it is all one color.