Gseventythree

SERIALNINE X8 by G.

So yeah. . a lil update. .

Painted my engine bay. . got my color put into spraybombs. . Took three cans. . $35 each. . two cans of clear.. $15 each. .

Looks pretty impressive if you ask me. .. Only thing is there is no flake (hyper flair) in it. . so its a little darker than the outside. .

10000000 times better than the blue shit before though. . Thanks to Green Goblin and EmagDnim for the help. ..

img6331x.jpg

img6329b.jpg

img6332p.jpg

img6328b.jpg

Thas it for now. . motor goes in tomm.

G.

Also.. Sold the GAYYYYYYY G rims.. bought some real ones for the van..

hk30march-img600x450-12431760637qqiqy17976.jpg

Gyeah. . 18x9/10 +23 low disc all around. . Scratched Dented Bent Curbed Mangled. . AWESOME..

G.

cool beans. also, how did you get your custom color into spray cans? better yet, what kind of shop does it?

The base color is not custom.. It simply BMW M3 yellow code 445.

All the bling in my paint is from the hyper flair in the clear. .

So basically i get the BMW color into the cans. . (concept finishes) they can do ANY color or match any color you have (try to anyways) Its a special high pressure can. .Then i just cleared it with off the shelf high quality automotive clear. . The clear is moslty used for doing inners or spot work. . Its not nearly as good as REAL clear sprayed form a gun.. but if applied properly looks pretty deec..

NOW because my exterior color IS special Via the flaky clear. . I couldn't match that exactly. . so the color is actually different in the engine bay. . Basically its missing the blingy glittery flake..

G.

Shit still looks awesome, even though it doesn't have the flake. It's almost fitting that it's missing the flake, cause it's the engine bay, it shouldn't be as pretty as the exterior.

well BMW from the factory have no clear in the engine bay, its all sprayed flat

i personally like no crazy colours/shinyness in the engine bay, it puts focus on the motor

leave the fancy outside

i like ur combo G

photoshoot in august with kev and pizzles car with mine and taylors and anyone else who has a nifty car ;)?

kev has the details of what and where we wanna do the shoot

You wheel stealing SOB. You suck.

Sorry man. . They were cheap and perfectly sized..

well BMW from the factory have no clear in the engine bay, its all sprayed flat

i personally like no crazy colours/shinyness in the engine bay, it puts focus on the motor

leave the fancy outside

Ya most cars never come with clear or metallics in the engine bay. . . I guess you havent seen Felix's GTR (a little too tacky) or my old Emerald Green EK. . BLINGING engine bays are the shit. . But closely matching ones come a close second. haha Will's car just didn't have the same appeal with the stock basecoated engine bay. . . Even AFTER we resprayed it stock color to bling it up a lil .

Anyways.. If you can paint the bay with the car do it. . The rattlecan base/clear is not nearly as durable as normal paint. . this shit scratches HELLA easy. .

Update. . Got confirmation of the release bearing leaving japan. . Hooray. . fuckin a week later it finally leaves. . GAY

G.

nah i didnt see either of those cars

i havent seen many (ive seen like 3?) of the cars that came from ur keep labs establishment

i had a bling bay going on in my red car, black with rainbow flake... not my most favourite flake as it was the stupid kind, like orange and blue etc. individual flakes, not a multi coloured flake that as it shimmers goes through the spectrum

anyways, i can appreciate both

up for that shoot though in what looks like July/August? whenever Kev gets his x7 derivable or if he wants to attempt to drive his levin on public roads

and when pizzle there gets his all together as well :) have a 240/cress meet n greet

This car is fucking off the ricter.

Your the master of X8 modifying.

Keep up the good work dude.

So I thought id post up a few more pics. . cuz like I never do . . too busy actually doing work rather than taking pics and shit. .

Put the motor back in FINAFUCKINLY. . Got my HKS release bearing sleeve lke last fuckin tuesday. . been busy building other peoples cars. . . which you'll no doubt see soon as well. . So finally put the clutch on. . required CUTTING my fuckin ARP flywheels bolts. . Fuckin HKS clutch is pretty thin at the crank i guess? anyways.. went on. . put the tranny on. .

Checked the fuckin V160 after 5 years of owning it to see if it had oil.. . (after i bought the fuckin $50/liter toyota shit) . . Tranny is full and looks clear as fuck. . God DAMN the gears are huge in that thing. . Anyways. .

Taped up the new paintjob. . put the motor in with the old mounts.. (ghettorigged urethane crap) New Billet/Urethane SERALNINE ones arent back form anodizing yet. . So i cant drill my newly modified (BUTCHERED) tranny X-member cuz the motor placement is gonna be wrong. . Tranny STILL doesnt fit. . and I hammered the LIVING SHIT out of the tunnel.. . AND spaced it down 3/16" . . need another 1/4" or so. . just enough to perfectly put the bottom of the tranny flush with the framerail .. great. . .

So motor goes in. . havent put the shifter on yet. . My lowrider jack ate shit and doesnt pump. . great. . got a new Aluminum rad. . Be Cool. . some shit we sell at my work. . dual 1" core. universal sizing, crossflow good for like 700hp big blocks . pretty nice shit. . They're only $250 . . I got one that is short enough to sit UNDER the rad support. . for cleaner doper appearance.. due to the rad being bolted directly to the support on the sides. . So no more garbage on the top of the rad support. . . .But now the fuckin upper rad hose is lower than the stock one. . requiring more welding and fabrication. . great. . .

Put the turbo on for looks and mockup. . sits decently. . more room than i thought. . lots of room for the two wastegates. . . Intercooler piping is gonna be sickly straight and clean . . Leaves lots fo room for my Cold air box. . Gonna try to score a BANKS ram air for a cummins cuz they're sick. . . looks like it'll fit perfectly over the ABS hole . . with lots of fresh cold air going into the bottom of it.

Wait'll you see my plumbing. . every fuckin thing in the engine bay is custom anodized AN fittings. . my work (MOPAC) has their own line of all black AN fittings. . big mistake on their part. .haha the second they came in i bought like $300 bucks MY cost worth (less than half retail) . . 2-4 of everything. lol. . but mine will be black and red anodized. . hoping they turn out good. . or ill kill myself. . even the wastegate lines. . . all fuckin four of them. . and the tee's and the boost control solenoid are all AN. . AN fittings welded on the valvecovers as you can see. . the breather setup is gonna be pretty cool. . Power steering is all AN lines as well. . and fuel of course..

Dunno if you guys can see in the pics. . I tucked the wiring (its obviously not buttoned up) to the outside of the rad support and remounted the fusebox under the headlight. . Pretty easy. . so all you see in the engine bay for wiring is the alternator/fan thermoswitch harness. . My engine harness goes straight into the firewall from behind the plenum. . so you're looking at basically how it'll look even running. .

anyways.. here are the ultra shitty pics.

img00020200906162325.jpg

img00021200906162325.jpg

img00022200906162327.jpg

img00024200906162328.jpg

img00025200906162333.jpg

img00028200906162334.jpg

img00027200906162333.jpg

More to come soon. . finally some fuckin progress. .

G.

That bay is sick...looks showcar quality, any plans of stiching the chassis/bay up being you got rid of sound deadening anyways?

That bay is sick...looks showcar quality, any plans of stiching the chassis/bay up being you got rid of sound deadening anyways?

Thanks man. . the goal is to get featured in magazines. . still a long way to go though, but honestly ther have been many shittier feature cars . . we'll see if it stays pretty and in one piece long enough to make that goal happen. .

No plans on stiching anything anytime soon. . . . sound deadening is still in on this car.. Its a streetcar that I drift rather than a driftcar that I street. I would love to build an all out racecar though. . (I have another shell) This car will have full audio and full interior. . I do plan on some sort of cage though. . Cant tandem without a cage. .

2 wastegates? whats the reasoniung behind that? Also what turbo is that?

Its simply to have a fully divided system. . The mani and turbo are divided T4's. . so instead of merging them at a 50mm wastegate or something . . I just run two 38's instead. . It cost me the same for two 38's as a single 50.. dunno if it will work any different.. Full Race does it on their high boost streetcars, and it works like gangbusters. . helps control boost and spool faster. .. . So i figured i'd follow suit and try it out. . . . Its essentially two 1.5 liter engines feeding into a single turbo. .

The turbo is a Borg Warner S360 . .

G.

Oh, i figured this was the same car that was getting the sound deadening hammered out on your sites video...full interior is awesome, hope you have a/c too...this cressida's gonna open alot of peoples perceptions as far as what a heavy toyota can do.

Looking top notch G. Let us know a head of time when you are getting featured so we can buy some cheep spare shells before the Fan boys drive the Cressida prices up.

A few more updates..

Made my battery holddown today. .

img00041200906182210.jpg

img00042200906182211.jpg

Made a pretty trick lil setup to hold my fan. .

img00043200906182212.jpg

img00046200906182213.jpg

img00044200906182212.jpg

Track/Drift spares arrived. .

img00052200906182222.jpg

img00051200906182221.jpg

img00049200906182219.jpg

img00057200906190141.jpg

img00055200906190140.jpg

One Full Set. . All the same 18x10.5 +18 Brand New in Box. . . . Gotta Love Yahoo ! !

G.