Dollar per dollar, if you spend 4500 on a 2J, you get yourself a stock engine withh a getrag 6-speed. Spend 4500 on a 1UZ and you get yourself a built bottom end, a borg-warner turbo and an R154 withh a baller clutch.

complete 2J sets ARE getting expensive... but going 1J will save you tons of moneys.

IMO a 1JZ swap withh a R154 swap is awesome for the price. Then slap on the 2J head down the road.. That's my goal withh mine.

2j head is beyond unnecessary with a 1j. youd need a retarded turbo to make it effective. and the retarded turbo would still be retarded because its not gonna spool fast, and have way too little torque when not spooled.

just look for the pics on supraforums.com....if the search function works yet.

been thinking about the 1uz vs a 2jz swap myself. mount kit for the 1uz in the x73 is cheaper than the jz mounts. and of course the 1uz engine is much cheaper. i think the 1uz is lighter too, but not completely sure.

Fuck yeah it's lighter. I lost close to 300lbs off the front end from the M and JZ isn't much different from that weight wise.

NA torque is cool. My swap is almost done, I'll post dyno figures.

hmmm uz into a x3 ??? starting to sound a lot better than saving for a damn 1jz...lets see here...

think there's enough room for ps and ac?

Is you really wanted to run AC you could, I opted not to. I have PS hooked up as well, just need to route the high pressure line away from the header and you're set.

awesome. can't wait for this thing to be done. i'm glad i'm just half an hour a way lol :twisted: