Sign in to follow this  
pingpong8989

another item found on ebay

hahaha who is the maroon that bid it up to $100?

sucker

wouldnt be suprised if you could con T3 into making them. they have a test car that would LOVE to get his hands on a stb.

i highly doubt you will notice the difference, except when you pop the hood

i would like one thats fully welded and not one of those that have the pivots.
no you would not.

PS

get me a 240 sx one. Bring it to CCP and I will make it work........ for a fee of course. The 240 one bolts right up to the cressida strut towers but the tabs need to be removed and welded back on or new ones made and welded on because the bolt pattern is the same as a 240 but not in the same position. Trust me, I can do it. My dad is a tv repair man. He has an ultimate set of tools.

s13 or s14 or does it not matter?
i am pretty sure the one i looked at was s13. I do not think the middle bar piece that goes across the engine is long enough but i could make new tabs for it to work but i would need to do that at my regular job. which means i would have to take things home..

PLUS, would it even clear the 7mge?? I think a 1j is fine withh its intake manifold where it is but a 7mge would be a pain. then you have to worry about getting the hood to close withh out it hitting? My car wouldn't be a problem but any cress withh a 7m might be?

ok, i looked at it again. I guess I could make a 240 work but it would probably be more work then worth doing interms of charging someone. If i did it for me, its just a matter of time. but if someone does it for someone else, well, they have to get charged for that time. plus you need to find a 240 one for dirt cheap to try and make it worth the time and money. But let me know. the new welder is great and i like laying out awesome welds withh it.

i think bill mentioned the cusco bar rubs or something, but i think it's just the engine liner thing that rubs, not the hood itself??? i'm pulling info out of the cobwebs in my head from ages ago...

i got my crappy cusco one from yja for like $20. i was just going to make one but they're so cheap on the japanese auctions.

i like that s13 bar idea, but i would just redrill it, does it have to be so pretty that you have to cut the aluminum welds and move the tabs around?

i got my crappy cusco one from yja for like $20. i was just going to make one but they're so cheap on the japanese auctions.

i like that s13 bar idea, but i would just redrill it, does it have to be so pretty that you have to cut the aluminum welds and move the tabs around?

i figured that part would be steel? but yeah, if he can find one that cheap he should keep looking.