I'll definately buy a set of adapters for IS300 rotors if the stock e-brake is going to work. I bought a pair of rear Z32 calipers last year to fab up some rear 2 pots onto the back of the car, but I haven't had the time to find a machine shop that can do it.

if anything you might just have to run is300 hardware for the drum insides. i take it that's what night pager does for the JZA80 rotor kit for the rear on the JZX81. it's all oem hardware.

I've been sidetracked with a little mazda project, my sister is getting rotors within a week or two so i will have the new/old ones to test fit. I am on this. just taking a while.

Just double checked for y'all.

Jzx100 Front Skid control (rotor)= P/N: 43512-50100

Jce10 Front Skid control (rotor)= P/N: 43512-50100

..... so yeah, same shit up front.

we were talking about rear rotors guy. can you get a number for rears. that would be sweetshit. and it has to be a "tourer V" jzx100/90 rear rotor, there's a difference.

and i believe the altezza may have different rear brakes since it has a different rear diff, could happen, true story. in case it pops up somewhere, i know you didn't say sxe10

you kats are geniuses .

I was about to sell my rear zx calipers to fund a new driveshaft.

but i'll wait ,or see what to do.

Lets waken the dead....

Has any one tried these on the front of an X8 yet ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/180680930380?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

s-l1600.jpg

If the thinnest part of the adaptor is close to 11mm, then the Z32 calipers should bolt right on to an X8 using only these brackets, to use the 350Z 324mm (12.75mm) rotors.

If they are over 11mm, it would be a simple light machine cut in a mill to make them exact.

i would also like to know, z1 motorsports makes a kit for this route and i have been eyeing it for a while now. I still need 17s though. :(:(

Wonder if it's for the 35mm calipers?

I think you mean 32mm ?

Same thickness as the Z32 turbo, just larger diameter, and yes, will require 17" wheels.

z32 calipers, for the front come in 26 and 30, in aluminum and iron. or am i missing something?

also, any news on rear rotors to use with z32 rear calipers and retain the factory drum ebrake? a local source to north america?

I have measured the jzx100 rotors I have on the car. there are hat options for the drum brake in a 2 piece rotor, but I haven't found an easily assessable 16mm thick bell mount rotor. I haven't went through any effort to find an oe solution.

I also need to buy a new 0-10" caliper. the drum brake measurement I have is from a tape measure but there are lots of options so there will be something that works... that said, it would be roughly $400 per corner for the rotor to get set up and you would be better off if you don't have z32 calipers to get something in a more common disc width.

Battle, that's the rotor thickness. Gordon, pretty sure the inner of my calipers measured 35mm. As soon as I get pads in my hands they'll be on my car, rotors are in the trunk

Kyle, what ever 1.25" is, as the Z32 calipers fit my Wilwood rotors just fine.

I'm to lazy to find my calculator right now.....

Battleaxe, I'm think all you would have to do to use the Z32 rears without buying the JZX100 rotors (if that is what they were) is to take the rear shoes to a brake relining service, and have a thicker lining put on to use one of the Lexus rotors.

The other option is to use the Cressida drums, machine all the disk off except for a flange, drill a Wilwood rotor bolt pattern into it, and have a home made 2 piece rotor, with the correct diameter drum.

My lathe isn't big enough to hold the Cressida rotor/drum. I was going to take them in to work to do it, but then the ass holes run the place into the ground, and closed their doors....

You would have to go on Wilwood's site, and find a rotor close the thickness that the caliper needs.

So there are options to be explored still.

Back when eBitch was going strong, I just said fuck it, and bought the correct rotors out of Japan.

ill look into it if i cross that bridge. i have oem shoes to put in once i kill my current ones, which might be real quick .got the z32 30mms up front and hawk pads all around, so ill see how they ware when i actually use the car as a car. i really like the z32 rears for simplicity and aesthetics. the rear cressida calipers are quite big..i hope..theyre not as bad as s13 brakes

Gordo, the z32 rear caliper takes a 16mm thick rotor. (~0.63") Wilwood catalog and website only show offerings straddling that, but much different size. 0.38" then jump to 0.75"

There must be more options out there for the rotors without getting some odd custom rotors or turning 0.75" rotors down which scares me to be honest.

I've made RX-7 Turbo-II calipers fit over Nissan 32mm rotors by adding spacers, and have made calipers fit narrower rotors by adding spacers behind the pads, or machining material off the matting surfaces of the caliper halves.

Find a local machine shop, or a buddy who has a mill, and anything is possible.

Or enroll in a local community college that offers a machinist course, and make the stuff your self.

That's how I got into the trade, just kept taking the course over & over just to have access to the machines (about 45 years ago).

anyone have any idea what front rotors you would use for z32 brakes on my gx81 cresta ? car came with nissan alum calipers with no adapters (bolted directly to the knuckle) .. the hub bore on the rotors is oem toyota i need new rotors! only other option is buy a conversion kit and buy 300z rotors ps the hat on my exsisting rotors is shorter then the z ones hence the no adapters ps i briefly talked to gordo about this and we couldnt really come up with anything

Spook take some measurements of the rotor for us. If it's turbo gx, probably same rotors as Cressida. Or get adapters and use the z32 rotors

In the old days, before confusers, ah, I mean computers........

You could walk into your neighborhood auto parts store, and they had books !

Really, I would not lie about such things.

And in the books, they had complete dimensional drawings of every fucking brake drum, and rotor.

Again, I am not pulling your leg.

All it would take is to ask if you could look through the book, and a little time on your part to ID what fucking odd-ball rotor you had.

But now we are in the modern world, where the inter-net, the great, powerful, all knowing, all seeing thing that we in our wisdom created.

Bet you can't ID that rotor if you spend a week trolling the 'net.....

We are so fucked............