weird, maybe they changed the line design sometime during the Z32's production run.

I used 1994 32mm irons.

Nope, all Z32 lines are the same.

Could just be the bevel on the MX83 lines, those can be difficult to deal withh. I don't know why you wouldn't upgrade to SS lines anyways, then just use the S13/Z32 stuff. Buy the AN style to eliminate the banjo, so much nicer.

I used SS for Cressida, I forgot who made them though.

^ drian used race concepts ss lines, and i tried to order some but they brushed me off, and i never heard from them again. good luck with those.

I'm sure somebody can just make some lines for you if you give them the specs. where does aaron get his clutch lines made at driftmotion?

I run stock lines on mine cause i need to spend money on other things...

Guest DuaxMachine

Hearing a few misconceptions here......

Steel is less of a heat sink than aluminum.

Metric grade 10.9 bolts are not that hot.

When I sell bolts for the Cressida/R32 brake conversion, I use 12.9 bolts.

And The Good Z32 calipers are aluminum,

same as the R32 calipers I sell.

I think the track myth is that the aluminum calipers tend to warp under heavy use and cause poor contact with the rotor. I haven't experienced it myself, but the choice was easy for me, fresh rebuilt steel calipers are a dime/dozen.

Guest DuaxMachine

So OK,

Where in the hell do I find Tourer-V rear rotors for doing the back?

(other than bringing them in from Japan)

Is the Tourer-V the same as one of the big Lexus sedans?

(geeze, what crappy spelling!)

the US IS300 uses the same rear caliper as JZX100 as far as i know.

and the rear rotors look the same as IS300 too. probably are. i'll confirm it when i drop my rear subframe soon, since i have both a set of AP jzx100 tourer-v rear rotors on my cressida.. and a stock IS300.

speaking of brake lines.. how many would be interested for some to be made up ? Aaron brought up that he can get some made, and if there is enough interest, we can make shit happen.

LMK.

Guest DuaxMachine
speaking of brake lines.. how many would be interested for some to be made up ? Aaron brought up that he can get some made, and if there is enough interest, we can make shit happen.

LMK.

I guess it would depend on how much,

because they are available in Japan.

And would they be DOT approved.

(some states are picky about having the DOT tag on them)

And no, the JDM ones are not DOT.

im not sure about the DOT. but these lines would be almosst identical to the mk3 line driftmotion sells, just made to fit the cressida (different lengths maybe and fittings and what not.)

ill be able to get more info on monday a bout the SS lines.

dooders. all i can say is if any of you guys do spirited driving or any drifting etc. this is worth considering. i just run stock pads but it's so easy to modulate. i NEVER lock the fronts. takatori's drift R34 runs the same calipers in front for the same purpose.

i think 935 sells full ss line kits, but i don't remember if the line length in the front is the same for stock X8 stoppers (vs Z32)

and for the most part, i think most custom brake lines aren't dot despite using much of the same fittings.

well.. talked to aaron about it. all we need is measurements and i think we are good.

do the stock cressida brakes use the same thread as the z32 calipers ? just need a for sure on this. and do the stock cressida line need some extending ?

fuck i should save up and do the z32 upgrade while im at it.. lol. LMK

sorry to rebump an old thread, but I am now in the works of getting a brake upgrade for my build. From what I am reading Aluminum > steel (because weight and daily driving will never stress the limits of an aluminum set up) 26mm > 30mm due to 4 mm of extra clearance. Front easier to fit then rear but both front and rear will work. Is this still the consensus?

With this in mind is it a good upgrade to do this in steps IE do the fronts then worry about the rears? With just the fronts will you notice a nice change in stopping power?

Thanks

aluminum 26's would probably work fine for street driving, and you wouldn't do z32 rears unless you already did the fronts.

do they make aluminum 26mm calipers? besides the 30mm ones?