Sign in to follow this  
JJB511

Tired of lurking

I'm glad you guys laid down the law to prevent lurking. It prompted me to contribute.

Here is my project:

'89 X8 clean car from CA

1UZ shortblock from '93 SC400

3UZ cylinder heads from Tundra

TRD Supercharger

R154 from '89 Supra

TTC Trans adaptor

etc...

Obviously the motor isn't in yet but it will happen soon.

Thanks

JJB511

3z9xc9s.jpg

30xftw7.jpg

2nsp75h.jpg

nice. how far are you from bethlehem? my cuzin lives there. i go check her every now and then, it would be cool to link up and see the project in person.

i wanna do a uzx83 myself, but when im tryin to juggle 1jz and 2jz, its tuff.

SERIOUSLY. HOLY SHIT. your motor is fucking INSANE! But you do know you have to change the oil pan and sump out for a front sump right??

The motor doesn't have traction control. Most early 1UZs in the states had TRAC (NE of the US atleast). The motors had two butterflys in the TBody. The outer butterfly was controled by the ecu and closed when the tires lost traction. The inner butterfly operated via the gas pedal.

Trac just adds complexity to the wiring. I will be using the factory computer. It's a POS cressida, no need...

I just want to get the bitch sideways.

trac sux! =] the car is freaking sick let me know when its done id like to see it in person! we should have an east coast cressida meet like at english town or sumthing.

+eleventybillion! Wow dude good going. Btw, I've been to Easton before. I grew up in Williamsport :)

a proper manual behind a supercharged v8. damn i love this

keep us posted!

any plans for suspension?

a proper manual behind a supercharged v8. damn i love this

keep us posted!

any plans for suspension?

he better do suspension, or i will...... but it wont be his car any more.. chop chop?

yeah, sur-riously hott build. can't wait to see this thingg burn some rollers.

Most likely T3 at some point.

I'll cut springs first and install nascar front sway bar on the rear. Maybe S13 shit. The motor swap is enough right now. The trd supercharger is a real pain in the process.

3UZs are drive by wire... No IAC. This is going to be an issue when using the OEM ecu. I may install megasquirt.

Day by day my timeline is getting pushed back.

Anyone know an honest shop in PA/NJ/NY looking to sponsor? I'm not looking for free parts, just some labor.

By the way, am I welcome in your community? By whip is a pipe dream now but soon it'll be seriously representing old skool Toyotas everywhere..

Thank

JJB

Most likely T3 at some point.

I'll cut springs first and install nascar front sway bar on the rear. Maybe S13 shit. The motor swap is enough right now. The trd supercharger is a real pain in the process.

3UZs are drive by wire... No IAC. This is going to be an issue when using the OEM ecu. I may install megasquirt.

Day by day my timeline is getting pushed back.

Anyone know an honest shop in PA/NJ/NY looking to sponsor? I'm not looking for free parts, just some labor.

By the way, am I welcome in your community? By whip is a pipe dream now but soon it'll be seriously representing old skool Toyotas everywhere..

Thank

JJB

seriously, try importintelligence.com http://www.importintelligence.com/FMPro?-d...ew.htm&-new

Matt is the owner. He just recently had a 240sx convert featured in Modified magazine. It was black withh an RB25. teaser.jpg

anyway, see if he can help. Tell him Toycoma Rich withh the black cressida and white tacoma referd you to him.

rich: its kinda far from easton to eagle. easton is probably closer to the shop where you did the SR swap at.

my question is this: what are you gonna do about the hood clearance?!

sick lookin motor.

is this by indiana Pa by anychance?

if so we should chill sometime, you have a really cool project, i wouldnt mind giving you a hand withh the car if ever needed.

easton is 5 minutes from jersey. in north east pa.

perhaps you should come out here instead...last time i checked, pittsburgh and all surrounding areas suck.

hows your garage? hope the celing is high enough. its supposed to rain all weekend.