Sign in to follow this  
N.O. Drifter

stripping is fun...UPDATE with drift pics/vid, but still fail

hey whats up jeremy(i am right?). i went withh the 5m because i wanted to first learn about it, well the m series engine in general. My mech knows shitloads about the engine so i went withh one that if i had problems withh power or something i could get his help and advice. Also i went withh it b/c this was my first build, i din't want compicated wiring for me a noob, also, if somethign went out i can get engine parts real easily at a junkyard or my mech. I always plan on doing a ijz. but i kinda want to do it in a mx83. i have the 5speed swap, r154, and the 7mgte maf sensor here at my house, so i have stufff for it. i am slowly collecting parts. i also know a guy near me withh his old, still in goodshape 2jz twins. he has other parts too. i was thinking of getting the twins and manifold and trying to put them on the 1jz, but anyway i am slowly collectign parts and knowledge. I just got finished helping a friend do a sr swap into his 240, i helped him every step of the way including wiring. I am trying to take things slow before i get into a jz swap, which will require knowledge i don't have.

yeah, it's jeremy... you have a pretty good memory. that sounds cool, I can understand where you're coming from. If you're going that route though, try to spend as little money as you can... you know what they say about polishing turds. As long as you're out there driving and having fun, thats what it's about.

i finally got mine running, need to get some bugs out but i'm hoping i'll be done in time for mineral wells in july.

cool

yea i just picked up a corolla and will be getting a free 22r that i will drop into it. an maybe have a little fun this summer.

LET THERE BE OIL

the oil problem is fixed, now i just have to tune the fuel and air.

well i tuned the fuel and air pretty good today, it was jumping in the 14's the whole time. i revved it real high and it sounded so sweet, then i revved it to 5k rpms and i hadn't tunned the afc at that rpm, so when it hit, it went too rich and flooded itself and a big white puff of smoke came out, but when i let it rev low again it sounded nice. turbo spooling real nice and engine just revvign so smooth.

on tuesday i will try and tune it better and maybe drive it.

well alot of bullshit had happened since last time. first my turbo oil seal started leaking so i sent it back to rabid chimp since it was under warranty. i got it back a couple of weeks ago and in my spare time i have been slowly putting it back together, i recently bolted up the ic and the oc. i need to redo the bottom ic pipe and the one that crosses over the engine to the TB and get some type of exhaust made up and i will be ready to drive it. and damn i was on the second page withh this thread.

newic2.jpg

newic1.jpg

more fail from me

got it started......

http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e114/cjo...urrent=vid2.flv

then i noticed some smoke.....

http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e114/cjo...urrent=vid3.flv

then turned it off.....

turbooil1.jpg

turbooil2.jpg

turbooil5.jpg

and my turbo seal blew again. FUCK

are you running a restrictor for the oil feed line? you may be over pressurizing the turbo.....causing the seal to blow.

^hopefully this weekend i am going to hook up a mechanical oil press gauge right before the turbo to see what the pressure is to the turbo.

i talked to rabidchimp about it, we went over the return line and how the flange is bolted to the turbo. i am pissed b/c i got the turbo from him and it blew before and it was warrantied and now it did it again and i want to know why.

What size is the feed line. . I wouldn't trust a company that hasn't actually sold or installed tons of turbos. .

It should be a -3, if its a -4 you need a restrictor. . AND if its Ball Bearing then you need a restrictor for both. . like a 1mm hole i think it was. Its not the PRESSURE blowing it man. . its the VOLUME at that pressure. .

NOW . . you need to adress your DRAIN situation. . It needs to be fuckin short and sweet. . Straight as fuck. . no bullshit copper 90's, no parts of it running uphill. . clock the turbo withh the drain facing STRAIGHT DOWN or fuckin . if its closer to clock it TOWARDS the motor to get a straighter shot at the block entry. then do so. . its only GRAVITY flowing OUT of the turbo so if you backing it up. . YOUR SEAL WILL EAT SHIT.!!

Goodluck withh the M. .

G.

run a -3. thats what ill be using. check your oil pressure if its ok return the turbo for a refund then buy if from a reputal company......

well i had a kink in my return line, couldn't see it untill i got under the car.

problem is i have no good turbo. so i did this...

HPIM0640-1.jpg

gasp, no turbo.

well i started it up...

and went for a drive. filled up the tank. drove a little farther and noticed i forgot to keep the hood down with a strap, so i turn around to go back home.

then the car killed at a stop, started it up and it wouldn't rev past 1300 at wot. got home and my shitty intake as seen in the pic came loose.

so does anybody have a spare 5m intake i can have. Please!

Guest Push

lol, I love 5mges... I will look around and see if I still have my stock one laying around...

last weekend it was like this.

then checked plugs and #2.....

badplug.jpg

now it runs like this

a little update. car runs and i got a drift event feb 8 on the naval air station 5 minutes from my home.

here are a couple things i have done.

battery box

battbox.jpg

vacuum, temp, oil press guages

guages3.jpg

also at work i have started to create a bumper from scratch fiberglass at work

bumper1.jpg

The bumper looks pimp! Paint some ghetto flames on it and your ready to rock lol

^nah, i am going to trim it down and cut openings in it for airflow, but not until after sunday's event.

looking good. about that plug, some one is either fucking with you by closing your gaps, or something hit the spark plug and slamed it closed. either way it runs thats awsome! sound kick ass to boot!

^I think when i went to put it in, i either dropped into the hole and it hit the side or something, and i ended up screwing it in.

well here's some pics of sunday's drift event and a short vid. also under drift event pics.

cressida5.jpg

cressida4.jpg

cressida6.jpg

cressida3.jpg

cressida.jpg

cressida2.jpg

th_nas-cressidadrift.jpg

did some stuff lateley. finished 5 lug and subframe bushings

1251038639.jpg

took out sunroof

1251039063.jpg

1251038579.jpg

bitch was heavy so i had to take off door to get it out.

1251038498.jpg

put in fiberglass piece from work

1251038219.jpg

1251038407.jpg