Sign in to follow this  
battleaxe

2JZGE VVTi Clutch/Flywheel

I'm having a bit of a problem trying to find this info..and hoping theres still some ppl who frequent this forum enough.

I'm looking to get the clutch and flywheel for my 2JZGE VVTi.  From what I am reading its specific to your trans?  I'll preface this by saying I was looking for 5spd IS300 clutch flywheel and then started to see the part numbers were different from the MKIV Supras.  So as I looked on, I understood the IS300 have W55? which are a bit smaller and why the part numbers were usually 3 digits off?  I assume they're a bit smaller for flywheel and clutch due to trans size? but not sure how that affects anything but the starter motor.

Rock auto has all the MKIV Supra NA 2J bits which would be for a W58, but then I have a "IS300" motor and starter...then again the bellhousing I have all I know is its JZ to W, which I assume is the same for all W's pattern.  I believe my bell is from a Supra.

The plan was to just get a LUK flywheel as its like $80 on rock auto and theres still 1 Aisin clutch kit on there.  I dont plan to go turbo and I would like it to feel stockish.  I debated a light flywheel but they're not easy to get locally and would be costing me $300+cdn for a comp clutch one which iirc was one of the cheaper available.

Done some reading and will share as I may need to refer in future.

Is300 has a dual mass flywheel, if reusing you get the dual mass longer flywheel bolts. If you change to the supra flywheel you need the shorter supra flywheel bolts.

Jz pressure plate for jz. Clutch depends on what box is behind it, for spline count and size.

If using the dual mass the clutch slave should work for it, if you're going to a thinner flywheel you will need the longer push rod for the flywheel. All depends on your setups and I assume if you're using a is300 w55 and it's overall length. If supra use supra as the oem flywheel isn't dual mass (w58) the getrag/turbo have dual mass, from my understanding.

Sign in to follow this