N.O. Drifter

IS300 Carrier assembly in x8?

For me, finding a ma70 rear differential assembly to put into my x8 is not going well. My question is can the is300 carrier assembly, not the differential itself, fit into an x8 subframe with the same mods a ma70 one would? The plan is to drift the car and from what I have read,  the stock x8 single forward mount is not the best for that kind of driving. It tends to break. If anyone has other recommendations besides the ma70 or even the is300, I would greatly appreciate them. Thank you.

Hm, never broke mine....
The only thing that breaks is where the diff bolts into the rear cross member, and that isn't cured by the different housing, since everyone who has done it still uses the 2-bolt rear cover.
And the Supra rear diff housing hits the front of the cross member, setting up a bad drive shaft angle issue, that people chose to ignore, probably because they don't understand how the harmonics created by doing this destroys transmissions.
On my first X8 I addressed this by modifying the subframe, so the diff sat at the correct angle.
The breakage issue at the rear cure has been well documented, just see my build thread.

Thank you Gordo, I was hoping you would respond. 

I knew about the rear mount issues from yours and others threads. I thought I had read of issues in the front. My fault. Thank you again for clarifying. 

If you have some way to cut sheet metal, I can send you out a tracing of my patterns for the reinforcement plates.

The only way I have is with a cutting wheel on a grinder. If the patterns aren't big I should be able to do it. 

That will be very difficult, since there are 3 round holes that need to be cut,  but if you want to try, PM your address, and next week I will get the patterns to you.

You might consider taking them to a sheet metal shop to have them cut the holes  ☺️

I think there are a few places near me with the equipment needed.

Sent you a pm. 

Thanks again.