Sign in to follow this  
ROBAPHENT

Project IBIS.... AKA the bin chicken JZX81

Anyway, thought i would make a build thread for the car i'm currently working on.

Goal of this car is pretty much a fuck around street/drift car.

so i purchased this car from Tassie sight unseen after what was described as interior is complete, and damaged repaired, had it shipped over and friend picked it up and the 1st msg I got was "do you know the condition of this car" lol so hopes had been smashed a little.

The car was very cheap even after postage and well people who know JZX81's know there is only a handful in the country so i was ok with it i guess.

As you can see in the pictures just about every panel on the car has issue's, the front rad support is fucked, strut rail passenger side fucked, dash items are all cracked or have holes in them. wires chopped just about everywhere and random shit missing.  holes drilled into floor for battery and fire extinguisher, seats missing, seatbelts missing, just about everything LOL.

9X7kA4A.jpg

da4R2FQ.jpg

WMDH6OO.jpg

MLo5kq4.jpg

tmArpW2.jpg

uFFouCi.jpg

8URrcWw.jpg

FBahWOQ.jpg

ChASNKs.jpg

i never had huge plans for this car, was going to turn it into the race car but i already have another JZX81 with weld in cage, tubbed front, etc so returning that one to stock seemed like more work than to just fix this one. so, I started the repair process.

Purchased wreck with brown trim with intention of using rad support and so on.

6WNKClS.jpg

Purchased some seat's

HMs9PFl.jpg

and started the process of putting this car back together

IJujpVq.jpg

fssdjwO.jpg

Purchased an Alpine head unit was on sale and double din and only $150 so jumped on it and it’s not like I need features it’s not a daily. Contacted friends and asked what parts they had available and got front bumper, found a spare headlight in my stash of parts and have purchased front indicator's and a RH side headlight to complete all the lights. I have guards although flared i will probably run them.

Engine wise it will get just about everything from my "race car JZX81"

so HKS built 1JZ, Radiator, intercooler, GT3240 etc. I will post pictures up of it when i finishing putting the pulley kit and DBW swap on it.

so overall, i hate the car and don’t mind denting it and so on as it will pretty much be a practice car and getting scrap parts i have had in storage over the years and will be the test mule for the race car.

lesson learnt, don’t buy a car sight unseen LOL.

Lucky for you that most parts from Aussie MX83 will crossover. Couldn't do that in America with all of our crap being on the opposite side and all. 😕

JDM vehicles in America are such an inconvenience. I can't wait to join the club.

Also hard to see but i have another black JZX81, so a lot of parts spare and it has been a bit of a shock the amount of items i have purchased and have had in storage for a good 10+ years. 

but also agree very lucky to be RHD