efrain

SG JZ Alternator Relocation Kit

JZ Alternator Relocation Kit

$150, I can ship for free in the US, contact for international

Relocate your alternator while still retaining water pump, power steering and stock idler

• Better belt contact
  • PS pump bracket bolts into relocation bracket 
  • Fits all JZ's not running AC, includes new belt and hardware
  • Lightweight and strong
  • Made in the USA

image_3c8110b1-5c26-490e-a787-1765e945b1

ARK_Complete_Kit_1024x1024.jpg?v=1558460

ARK_10_1024x1024.JPG?v=1558460816

Made-In-USA-America-585x400_1024x1024.jp

https://suspiciousgarage.com/products/jz-alternator-relocation-kit

I thought I had posted this on here but I guess not.  We just had another batch machined. 

Also hardware has been upgraded. We have an ATI option as well on the site.

You should slow your feed rate down, you would get a better finish.
I'm just an old fashion manual machinist, but I'm pretty sure you just have to change a number in the program.

And what is the price ?
(think that is a requirement for the 'for sale' section)

Also, did you ever do an intro ?
13 posts, I didn't see one.

54 minutes ago, Gordo said:

You should slow your feed rate down, you would get a better finish.
I'm just an old fashion manual machinist, but I'm pretty sure you just have to change a number in the program.

And what is the price ?
(think that is a requirement for the 'for sale' section)

Also, did you ever do an intro ?
13 posts, I didn't see one.

Agreed, I was just letting my machinist do his thing. We're working on another version that will accommodate the BMW alternator and possibly clear the 2jz oil pump nub, also going to anodize them in the future.

Fixed.

I'm pretty sure I did an intro on the last version of JZXP, but when the site was redone all that stuff disappeared, plus I got the vouch from Brian early on.

Just don't turn into another Beach Performance, or Jose's Aero, or any of the other junk peddlers that have infected this sight.

Personally, I would pass on the anodized version, unless it's clear, or black.
You just give all the kiddies more reason to turn their engine bay into a gay pride flag.

I'll probably never buy one, since I'm a "Give me a 7M, or give me death" kind of guy,
But it looks good.

If I wasn't so stuck on running A/C I'd definitely buy one. Nice piece Efrain.

interesting idea. any reason it was moved to begin with?

i like it simply to help the PS pump have another arm to make sturdy. oddly make the motor more compact

^^ away from the heat of tubular manifolds, plus not right under the water pump 😂 I guess being under the ps pump is just a trade-off.

Plus x8s alternators are on that side, save yourself from having to extend the charge harness

11 hours ago, battleaxe said:

interesting idea. any reason it was moved to begin with?

i like it simply to help the PS pump have another arm to make sturdy. oddly make the motor more compact

Main reason would be belt tossing, we had guys that weren't running the AC compressor that would toss belts from lack of that pulley. (long jump from crank pulley to PS pulley)  Also at the FD level the heat was frying alternators, moving it to the cold side helps with that and free's up room on the exhaust side for turbo/manifold combos, assuming the stock water pump was also replaced with an electric pump (most FD cars run the radiator in the rear)

Edit: whoremouth_jr beat me to it

I would definitely buy this solely for the fact that it would make my thick 4 gauge wire I have running around the block from the alternator to the starter much shorter. 

I agree with gordo, it would look much better anodized black. I have the XM ac delete kit, which uses a different belt than stock. I'm assuming this kit doesn't use the same belt as XM does, but if it does, would you sell the kit for marginally less without the belt? 

I'll probably buy this thing in its current non anodized state anyway though

We offer the bracket without the belt, (not much savings $10), but the No AC belt is different from the relocation belt. I'll give you the part number if you buy the bracket alone, but most people would just pay the $10 to get the belt.

https://suspiciousgarage.com/products/suspicious-garage-1jz-2jz-alternator-relocation-kit-no-belt?_pos=4&_sid=6035c8d5b&_ss=r

No ac belt, you can see the routing in the pic. Alt relocated uses a shorter belt than just the no ac pump belt.

https://suspiciousgarage.com/products/1jz-2jz-ac-delete-belt?_pos=1&_sid=9708e0625&_ss=r

email me directly and ill save you the shipping over buying on the site, just mention you're on JZXProject. sales@suspiciousgarage.com

I was too impatient to wait for your reply, and money was burning a hole in my pocket. 

Bought the kit with the belt and paid for shipping.

If you feel like refunding me the shipping, cool. If not, no big deal.  Looking forward to getting it.

I'll probably paint the thing black since the silver is a little too bright and flashy for my liking.

Uhhh... yeah, this definitely doesn't fit all JZ's.

It fits on the motor just fine, but the alternator doesn't clear it.

Here's the bracket laid on top of the alternator.  There needs to be more of a relief cut into the bolting locations on the bracket for the alternator to fit.

Using stock aristo alternator part number 27060-46260.

LDRRUyP.jpg

8wxu8li.jpg

I'm a little irritated.  I get tired of having to hack up parts that are a supposed "drop in fit".

I don't feel like grinding up my stock alternator to make this work.

I don't feel like grinding up this bracket to make this work either. 

Fuck it, I'll just put it on the shelf and file it under my huge pile of "bought, but didn't/couldn't use" shit. 

It's just me, but I think efrain should take care of that.....
If he doesn't, he should get shown the door.

This is the kind of shit like I've seen Beach Performance, Techno-trash, The Mexican fiberglass guy, and on some items, XM put out.
Ranks right up there with chinese RX-7 oil coolers that don't fit, and have the wrong threads in the ports. 

On 7/20/2019 at 5:35 PM, BoristheCat said:

Uhhh... yeah, this definitely doesn't fit all JZ's.

It fits on the motor just fine, but the alternator doesn't clear it.

Here's the bracket laid on top of the alternator.  There needs to be more of a relief cut into the bolting locations on the bracket for the alternator to fit.

Using stock aristo alternator part number 27060-46260.

LDRRUyP.jpg

8wxu8li.jpg

I'm a little irritated.  I get tired of having to hack up parts that are a supposed "drop in fit".

I don't feel like grinding up my stock alternator to make this work.

I don't feel like grinding up this bracket to make this work either. 

Fuck it, I'll just put it on the shelf and file it under my huge pile of "bought, but didn't/couldn't use" shit. 

Sorry havent been on here in a week. Email me please, i just sent pics over to my machinist. Ill get you another bracket and have you send this one back. sales@suspiciousgarage.com

This is the first alt to bracket fitment issue we've encountered.

I went ahead and tried the bracket on all the alternators I could get my hands on.  There may be slight variations in casting, but not enough to not fit. All the different part numbers and the generic aftermarket rebuilds fit.  We originally 3D scanned DC Power, Mechman and an OEM  VVTi 1jz alternators along with the entire side of the block when making the bracket. A few prototypes were printed in plastic before we made the final test one in aluminium.

I'm assuming that bracket was a fluke, but I still haven't gotten it back. Label was sent, just waiting on you Casey. I'd like to get a replacement out to you and figure out what went wrong with the one you received.

ARK 3d Scan.jpg

Wow, I almost expected you to vanish, or make silly excuses, like Beach Performance, or Joe's Aero, or 3T (technic toy trash),
just to name a few....

There is hope for Suspicious yet !

Thanks for getting back to me, life has been busy over the last week or two.  I'll try and get it packaged and sent this weekend.

I appreciate you following up on this