Sign in to follow this  
N.O. Drifter

1JZ-FSE Questions

I don’t know much about this engine or if it's possible to swap it into a cressida.

I know it's a direct injection system and it looks like they all came matted with an automatic. From what I've gathered on other direct injection systems like Ecoboost from Ford and Ecotec from GM, there isn't an easy way to swap the engine over to other vehicles. I believe it has to do with transmission sensors and throttle pedal sensors since they don't use a throttle cable. I'm not sure about the 1jzfse, but from pictures of them, it seems they don't have a throttle cable either.

Google results have shown discussion on the jzx100.com site but it seems to be down.

Does anyone know of any other information about them? Could they be swapped with their stock ecu into a cressida with a w58 or r154 transmission? What else would be required to swap it other than engine, harness and ecu?

If you have to ask, you can't handle it.

Not worth it. fse is for economy not power. Its a redheaded stepchild in the JZ family so no telling what regular maintenance parts you can't get. 11:1 compression and only makes about as much as a 2jzge.

I'd look into going 2JZGE, You can NA-t it if you want to make more power and they're tons cheaper, in my experience there's at least a couple in every wrecking yard I've gone to and parts are available at every auto store. Either that or 1uzfe.

Sorry for not stating it but I'm not looking for power, I'm looking for fuel economy.

A 22re or a diesel 2L-T II would be good. A 1G would even be decent. You'll never find a JZ FSE motorset. You'll never swap it anyway, so who cares.

22R, it actually came in one model of the X8, the RX80.

But if you really want mileage, don't start with a car that weighs 3500 lbs. for christ sake.

^^ Prius C is a decent medium.  Interior quality is low, but so is the price. They are smaller and funner to drive than any of the other models. I pretend it's a miata, either way other drivers assume I'm hairdresser/loser.

he's asking about a cressida, so he doesnt care about fun driving

also, my woman averages about 100 mpg, so suck it.

Sign in to follow this