Sign in to follow this  
DApexWorks

Fiberglass parts D_ApexWorks mx83/jzx81

15 hours ago, Gordo said:

So, you condone fly by night suppliers, who scam some people out of their hard earned money.

Typical aussie, don't give a fuck about anyone else, as long as he get's his shit.

Wonder how much your scamming the local blokes for this Russian shit?

Ok Boomer. 

@BoristheCat i ordered these Mid September and it took 12 weeks for them to manufacture (he advised me this at the start) i was provided tracking number it spent about 2 weeks at Mosco customs and from there it was straight forward. i got the items just before XMAS.  i ordered my JZX81 items just before XMAS he had them made and ready to be shipped with tracking number last week however have spent a week at the post office. 

Hi,, ROBBAPHENT. My Wife and I were wondering what this means we Keep seeing and hearing it from the younger crowd “OK Boomer”.

Is this related to the OU Sooners? I’m am personally not A fan as I like Gordon live in the Great Republic of Texas but it seems strange that an Ozzy like yourself would follow American College Football.

Anyway it was nice speaking to you again after a while. Give the wife and kiddos our love,

- Chris

Chris, it's the new slang that millennials use to disparage baby boomers. 

Ok. He said November 28th was when my order would be done. I waited two to three weeks before messaging him on Instagram and by email. 

Had my Russian friend call him. Left a message and still no response.

Even if he told me he would be shipping my stuff a month from now I wouldn't mind. But no communication period isn't cool. 

i ordered the end of october i think

I sent him a message i will let you know if i get anything back, at least this way you will know please note if he is orthodox  he might be celebrating his new years now and that is the most popular religion in Russia.  

I appreciate it, thank you.

I messaged him through Instagram on December 12th, and emailed him December 19th. No response to either.

I deal with international shipping at work and large stuff going through customs around the holidays always takes forever. Occasionally it slips right through, but often it takes several weeks and there is almost no good way to track it until it comes out the other side.. Not trying to play devils advocate, just wondering if you guys are dealing with some of that.  

If they are not responding though and giving the run-around, then that's another issue.

I talked to a coworker who makes his own body panels for his oval track car. He used to work for bayliner making fiberglass boat hulls. 

He said the reason most gelcoat is shit on fenders is because people don't deposit fiberglass bits into the gelcoat with a chopper gun. 

A middle of the road pneumatic chopper gun is 400 bucks. I figure as long as the general shape of the hood and fenders is good and everything lines up, maybe I can remove or chip off the crappy gelcoat and redo it with a chopper gun. 

Hell of a lot of work just to make a kit work without it falling apart. 

I bet if you had a new person message him to place a new order he would reply very quickly 😂

Lol seriously... I will admit, I asked him for a jzx81 hood, which he only produced once quite a while ago. He's produced lots of the fenders though.

It's obvious he's producing his products not in the order the orders were placed. 

Looks like all I can do is wait 🙁

On 1/11/2020 at 12:43 PM, BoristheCat said:

Lol seriously... I will admit, I asked him for a jzx81 hood, which he only produced once quite a while ago. He's produced lots of the fenders though.

It's obvious he's producing his products not in the order the orders were placed. 

Looks like all I can do is wait 🙁

I need to buy a bonnet from him, but in saying that i do have a bonnet here i could mold i'm just getting lazy in regards to producing a mould and spending huge amount of money for something i could buy. 

only thing that sucks for me right now is im about to leave out of town for work again and the kit hasnt shown up and i gotta worry about it getting put away while im not here

Robaphent, you're just thinking about molding a stock mx83 hood? Why go to all the trouble, just to save weight? I would keep my stock hood, but it doesn't work with the jzx81 lights and grill, hence why I ordered from him. 

On 1/14/2020 at 12:12 PM, BoristheCat said:

Robaphent, you're just thinking about molding a stock mx83 hood? Why go to all the trouble, just to save weight? I would keep my stock hood, but it doesn't work with the jzx81 lights and grill, hence why I ordered from him. 

I have JZX81 mark 2, was going to mould the stock hood because by doing so i could modify the top skin to suit any vents i wanted when i wanted. 
e.g DMAX Style vent, Freedom style Vent, BN Sports Vent, Msports twin vent. just mix and match styles. 

I dont do much Cressida stuff anymore as i was always spending time doing stuff for a car i dont have, so i can to borrow cars to trail fit and then i would make an item and i could not use it on my own car so i would have to then try and sell it to then get examples of it. just a head ache 

Ah, that makes sense.

Well, I talked to my bank and Paypal. Neither can help me get my money back.

Followed Gordo's advice and found a jzx81 hood and fenders on BidJDM for a little over a grand shipped to my door.  If I had known about that service before I ordered, I wouldn't have even considered buying from this guy.

Might buy the OEM hood and fenders and then try and sell this FRP stuff later, if I ever get it.