Sign in to follow this  
Gibbs

Rear Upper Control Arm ball joint cheap fix

yaris one is way too small.

Compared the 4runner one mentioned here to a tacoma one,  4runner being 43.35mm and tacoma 44mm diameter looks like it might do the trick tapers are a bit different though but no telling the 4 runner one actually fit how it should in the upright anyhow so the tacoma one could be correct entirely.

4runner 43310-39016:

http://www.jikiu.com/catalogue/374950

tacoma 43310-09015:

http://www.jikiu.com/catalogue/374949

Confirmed the 2005-2015 Tacoma front upper ball joint fits.  I picked up both joints and the 4Runner body diameter and taper is incorrect.  The Tacoma joint has the right taper as well as the correct 43.8mm diameter to allow a press fit into the X8 arms.

UiGldBa.jpg

The height of the snap ring groove is slightly less on the Tacoma joint, so I needed to cut the surface on the Cressida arm down in order for the snap ring to seat:

cPM1Qaz.jpg

TWgHW6h.jpg

ExjoBQU.jpg

Real content !
Thanks Urrik, there is hope for this place yet !

Personally, I would have just stuck it in my lathe, and turned the snap ring grove up a little, but few have that option available.

Yeah I didn't trust myself enough to fuck with the joints themselves with handheld tools, so I just used a small diameter friction disk flat against the surface of the arm

I say this in the least homosexual way possible, but I love you for this! Literally a lifesaver as I was about to spend fuck-all money on arms

nice man glad you found a better option good knowledge for the future!

I kind of just cut to suit and pressed the joint in and out until I had the height where I could fully seat the snap ring. I thought I had written it down somewhere but I think it was 1.2mm or something