J_Official_C

Wiring harness identification needed

Hi all

Hope you all are doing well. i bought a 1jz-gte non vvti motor a while ago for me project build. i would like to know what wiring harness is attached to it because i want to buy a standard ecu for this motor. Really hope you guys can help me out. i have been trying to search and i think it might be a JZX81 ecu but rather safe than sorry. also i will be using a BMW manual transmission to the motor so i will be needing a ecu that was used for a manual.

can someone just post a photo as well of what ecu plug-ins should look like, then i at least know what to look for.

thanks a lot in advance. please see pictures below

wiring harness plugs1.JPG

wiring harness plugs2.JPG

wiring harness plugs3.JPG

wiring harness plugs4.JPG

wiring harness plugs5.JPG

Solid research, you get an A+ for knowing what the fuck you bought before you bought it.

There's a part number on the ECU itself, Jesus Christ

looks jzx81/jza70.  I don't care enough to look up the differences in the body plugs for you.  But like Boris said there is a PN on the ecu which should pretty much tell you what you looking for

he doesn’t have the ecu.

those are two row plugs, so either jzx81 or jza70.  both ecus are the same.

as far as the body plug pinouts; if you have a front sump it’s jzx81, rear is jza70.

On 11/2/2018 at 11:04 PM, BoristheCat said:

Solid research, you get an A+ for knowing what the fuck you bought before you bought it.

There's a part number on the ECU itself, Jesus Christ

Solid reading of the problem. clearly states he needs to buy an ECU...... 11/10 for being a potato. 

Haha i love all the replies. Its a front sump yes. And i thought it was a jzx81. But needed to be sure. Time to go on the hunt for a ECU. Atleast found a forum that helps me out

On 11/3/2018 at 4:58 PM, brian said:

as far as the body plug pinouts; if you have a front sump it’s jzx81, rear is jza70.

Thanks for the help man! Appreciate it

jzx81 ecus are stupid hard to find these days and prices have gone up 6x since about 5 years ago. it would be easier to find a jzx90 ecu and repin the harness with toyota avalon plugs (95-97)

2 hours ago, brian said:

jzx81 ecus are stupid hard to find these days and prices have gone up 6x since about 5 years ago. it would be easier to find a jzx90 ecu and repin the harness with toyota avalon plugs (95-97)

I saw the jzx90 ecus are easier to find on auction yes. You recommend i must buy an toyota avalon harness and use the plugs? If i may ask why not a jzx90 harness and plugs?

I think he's recommending going to the junkyard and cutting the ECU plugs off an avalon, as you can't go to the junkyard to pull jzx90 hardness out.  And you shouldn't need the whole harness to repin anyways.

The other reason to jump to is jzx90 ECUs are they are a little more stout than jza70/jzx81 ecus.  As you sneeze wrong and they'll shit the bed.

Hey JC, the official jack-off, how about doing an intro first, per forum rules.