Sign in to follow this  
2jzcoupe

Family Truckster X83

There is a guy on SupraForums who neglected his 7M's oil, and welded the cams to the head.
He might be willing to pay something for that amazing 7M.

is welding your cams to your head like welding the spider gears in your open diff? sounds like it's a good idea for drifters.

No, it's like welding the ring gear to the pinion gear because someone said to weld your diff up.

18ncno5ktiyzujpg.jpg

Proof that mankind is getting dumber:

hqdefault.jpg

^^ If you look at other videos they did, they basically tried capitalizing on viral videos in the car world with stuff like WB-40 instead of oil?  Ziptie Tires? Filling a tire with water?

in other words: i heard it on the cressida/jzx facebook groups, so i tried it in real life.

Yes this amazing 7m was so great that it had no cams and rod knock.  It also had the amazing ability to cover the entire engine bay in oil and grime its a great corrosion prevention.

39685903813_b4dc707493_c.jpg

Look at that cross-member that appears to be painted black 

46654980581_ee8c7e757d_c.jpg

Its not black it was a inch of crap oh and yes someone did no mods but s14 springs and painted the tension rod brackets orange 👎

31713353277_267f3c07fc_c.jpg

Typical mods for a Cressida when u come from s chassis..dumb kids here locally always paint shit stupid colours for no reason

Yea I am going to just transfer the ones from the silver car so they still have the factory finish powder coating.

Damn, you got that compartment extremely clean! Since you're starting with a cleaner car and paint, you still going with the same paint job idea?

Yea still going with two tone after the car is back on the road I am going to source some mark II bumpers and start on the body work.  I think I have a bout 3 weeks tell its running again only because I dont have a day off from work for like 2 weeks.

I was surfing the internet and found some disassembled panasport G7 that will look great with the white.

32840586468_0b07bd0602_z.jpg

Now that the 7m is out of my garage I can pull the 2j out of the silver car and pull the rack and pinion to move to the white car since its only a month only. 

those will look good.  were you able to find a seat?

I have a pair of mint blue seats... driver side is hooked up with working electronics, and the passenger is mechanical

I'm trying to sell my corolla so i can get some sparco seats

The left rear panel had a been hit and to have it body worked would have cost more than what the white shell was offered to me at.  

Since my trans was out already it was only a little more to pull the motor then maybe like 3 hours to swap the rest of the parts.

it was my old x8 which was given to me by marc’s dad.  i kept it at my wife’s work in their warehouse.  work wanted it gone, they need the space.  wife said it has to go, a deal i made with her when i bought a 2019 tacoma 6 speed manual in a existential panic the morning she said she was pregnant with #3.  had to dump it quick and i originally offered it to kyle out in texas but had no way to get it out there. called gerald up the exact day he was contiplating on getting a new shell and immediately rented a uhaul and took it to his house.  

life in the nfl.

E9103AB9-5FF1-4EF4-B1B5-22FEA8DD2A5F.jpeg

This weekend was pretty productive I was ablle to get the silver car all stripped out and gave parts to a few members here on the page.

32957656498_6187067098_b.jpg

31891759687_5d5af3322c_c.jpg

my motor is now in the white car along with rebuilt r154 with all the goodies in it I also ordered a cube shifter to go along with the rebuild.

31891766567_33bcd3bd20_b.jpg

My New Old Stock vintage 1988 steering wheel came in Victor brand 

31880330907_1581595839_c.jpg

I am having problems with the xcessive tie rods I got there smaller ones the are alot longer that stock and I cant adjust all the positive toe out.  I am thinking I will have to take the hex sleeve to work and machine it down a 1/4in on each side to be usable for me.

46096621474_8307ef5cb8_b.jpg

I'm running those same outers, I also had to cut them down. You should be fine as, mine have been working well and I cut them with an angle grinder haha.

Ok great Thanks,

There reply was dont use a luck nut and bottom the hex out I dont like that so cutting them down will be best.

Did you remember how much you cut off?