Sign in to follow this  
2jzcoupe

Family Truckster X83

Let me introduce my self my name is Gerald I have been a creeper on here for a few years. I recently purchased a 1990 x83 that I am planning on making a clean fun car for me and my family to have fun with.

I purchased a car from a friend of mine that had already had a auto na 2jz installed that his wife used to drive. But he wanted to keep the motor for another project this was fine for me as I only wanted the shell so that I could put my 2jzgte/r154 combo in it.

43904427874_cee7be4e6d_o.jpgUntitled by datsunguy1984, on Flickr

I picked up the motor package by buy a s14 someone had in there storage unit for 1700 bucks after parting out what was left of the car. I have my motor and trans with a hd act clutch and light weight flywheel.

44573584962_e658a0f3c8_o.jpgUntitled by datsunguy1984, on Flickr

I started tearing into the motor last week to see what parts i needed to order and found alot of questionable work. Lots of FIPG over metal gaskets and even the valve covers then no gasket on the IAc valve.

43714195165_6ee6ede005_o.jpg by datsunguy1984, on Flickr

Gerald! You aligned my shitbox once many many years ago in AZ. Do you still have your SC? You should post pictures of that as well :wub::wub:

Gerald! You aligned my shitbox once many many years ago in AZ. Do you still have your SC? You should post pictures of that as well :wub::wub:

Was it a x7 you drove from flagstaff? If so i really liked that car!

Important, actually.

Truck in first pic is embarrassing. Yours?

No, I drive a gx470 thats just a friend of mine.

44628354291_963cfc2391_o.jpgUntitled by datsunguy1984, on Flickr

I started doing a little clean up on the motor lastnight and installing my mounts and Fuel filter holder both parts made by my friend Marc.

43908827484_9f642dd263_o.jpgUntitled by datsunguy1984, on Flickr

42817568470_84846c1544_o.jpgUntitled by datsunguy1984, on Flickr

My first list of gaskets

44628182141_6667d472fa_o.jpgUntitled by datsunguy1984, on Flickr

The Engine bay is not to dirty I got it all cleaned up but forgot to take pictures of it

haha yes that was me driving down from flagstaff.

What ever happened to that sweet SC you had?

haha yes that was me driving down from flagstaff.

What ever happened to that sweet SC you had?

Dude I really liked your car do you still have it?

The SC is parted out ended up really not being what i wanted after i was done.

Kinda sorta,

I ended up wrecking it after I moved up to WA, but I built another one and used most of the good parts from my old one including the whole interior haha. Body isn't as clean but that will be remedied if the car can stay in one piece for a couple more months.

Thats too bad about the SC it looked pretty rad! Gives high hopes for the cressida though!

Kinda sorta,

I ended up wrecking it after I moved up to WA, but I built another one and used most of the good parts from my old one including the whole interior haha. Body isn't as clean but that will be remedied if the car can stay in one piece for a couple more months.

Thats too bad about the SC it looked pretty rad! Gives high hopes for the cressida though!

Oh yea I have a bunch of stuff on the way for this car already I think that it will come out pretty nice.

Stop quoting every one...

Yesterday A good amount of of parts came in. Its looking like this weekend will be full of work on ABS delete as the major accomplishment .

The Turbo came S360 this will be sitting on a Future Fab manifold and Turbo smart WG

29716456477_45ed807453_o.jpgUntitled by datsunguy1984, on Flickr

44604447702_5bd2da38f4_o.jpgUntitled by datsunguy1984, on Flickr

During disassembly of the motor finding the abundance of FIPG on the valve cover gaskets this took some time to get all scrapped off and ready for the new seals

44604447402_55edb043a5_o.jpgUntitled by datsunguy1984, on Flickr

Welcome to jzxp

Good luck with the X83 project

But yeah,your friend should be tied up by his ankles and dragged behind his dodge truck for putting such hideous wheels on that coal roller of his :thumbsdown:

So what's going to fail first, the stock crank dampener, or the stock belt tensioner ?

From what I have observed over the years is that they are about as dependable as 7M head gaskets....

What engine is in the Z ?

Gordo

I am going to guess the Tensioner bearing haha since the bearing is already done.

I have a new bearing on the way and will replace that when it come in.

The datsun has a stock LS1/T56 most hate the swap but I have had a hand full of L28 motors with different configurations. So when it came to wanting a little more power with was the path i took and I love it no more carb issues or lack of power taking the car up north in the mountains. Here is some engine bay pictures the interior I redid all stock except for Speedhut gauges that appear stock.

28623352808_4caebbc7d7_o.jpgUntitled by datsunguy1984, on Flickr

JZ swaps are getting ridiculous, auto aristo motorsets are close to $4k here now. It's getting to be about even money between that and an LS swap.

glad there's no RB shit under that hood.

Chrisol

I would never have a RB I dislike that motor so much just has to many issues.

The LS was a fairly basic swap and very easy with all things considered and has plenty of room with out cutting up the actual body of the car.

Yes, JZ Motors are going up in price like crazy I remember paying 700 bucks for my 1jz motor from a importer in 2008 and 1500 for a 2jzgte vvti in 2012

Lumberzack

Yea man it really is but I have been getting out there sweating it up trying to get stuff done. Your car is a inspiration the way you built it is similar to what i am doing. I wish I could fig out how to find a jdm set of headlights and grill I can seem to search correctly to find them.

I used to import the ones that fit our cars, but decided it really wasn't worth the trouble trying to sell to the broke-ass Cressida club....

LS1 in a Datsun......

May the ghost of Mr. K haunt you till the end of time.

By the way, have any forged high compression L-series pistons laying around ?

Gordo

I just Sold my last l28 motor I had it was forged high comp 10k miles on it let it go stupid cheap 1k bucks

I work in R&D for Nissan its not the most loved car here but people do understand it.

I will agree there are alot of broke ass cressida people that really seem to fuck these nice couches up.

Gordo, isnt that the truth. I imported 4 sets of the JDM lights that fit the mx83 and I got enough shit about the price that I said fuck the community. I was only selling them for $40 profit..

Fwiw Gerald, I havent seen a set in over a year in the same configuration as mine. They are out there Im sure, but you really gotta look and check different JDM websites daily.