JZXProject
Sign in to follow this  
Jacob

R15x trans fluid, shifty shift, smegma, etc.

So my R150f has progressively shifted worse and worse.

It never spilt transffluid during manual conversion. Thought it was odd. Check it and topped it off with bullshit AutoZone gear oil. I've taught a female friend how to drive stick. After that at some point it was hard to get in gear. I thought may be the old Speedo gear elbow had let fluid seep out over time (trying to think of other possibilities than my tiny friend fucking it up). Topped it off with the same shit gear oil. Drives worse now. Have a hard time getting into 1st other gears are starting to get annoying. You hear/feel some teeth just barely not fucking up.

I've read that recline mt90 does wonders. The other possibility is that the clutch is not oem, but some store bought piece of shit and its faded that fast.

Thoughts? Besides Jacob is a dumbass again.

Wish this bell housing had inspection plates like the r154. I could at least trouble shoot the clutch without having to drop it and be ready to replace it at the same time.

Check your pedal... my mk2 pedal broke after years of abuse, stamped steel wont last forever...

Only slightly related. My buddy opened up an r154 we bought to rebuild and this is what it looked like on the inside:

QTsBZue.jpg

Dcl18z7.jpg

Looks kind of like Redline shock-proof heavy)

Or just a mixture of several, non-compatible fluids, that curdled...

I've been using Shock-proof heavy for the last four years... just looked over the transmission last month... everything is still beautiful, trans shifts perfectly, and I daily this car.

Demesio, I had looked at the pedal once or twice. I noticed it was kinda fucked, but didn't think it'd make that big of a difference. I guess that I'll have to pull it out and add some metal back with the TIG welder.

hv14le.jpg

34ewbgp.jpg

For the time being, I just threw in the only bolt on hand that match the ID.

29bm2cj.jpg

While we're here. Which fluid? When I was building the 1st cressida everyone swore by Toyota atf IV or something. Truck guys like the red line mt-something.

haha When he first sent the pictures I just saw the housing one, and I was like damn they really went overboard with the fipg but ya looks more like the fluid chunked up or something didn't even know it was possible.

On a different note I always put mt-90 in my R1s and even w58s

Sign in to follow this